Tennis

Soldato
Associate
Tragic, threatened her, her family or bribed her in some way. The entire episode has further damaged China's International reputation for what has been a very bizarre attempt from the Government.

The "email" was a laughably poor attempt, weird images of a missing grown women sat on the floor surrounded by cuddly toys, awkward interview with tennis official and now this absurd retraction which a child would see through.

It could only get worse if womens tennis starts again in China, they should perm ban games and Chinese players.

Soldato
Shocking, but they will get away with it, money talks, and now they have her on record as saying nothing happened, so all sponsors/tournaments etc wil be happy.

Such a sad state of affairs.

Caporegime
Yeah and that's totally believable, is there a transcript of her original allegation?

Edit - yes she did make the allegation despite her protests. Feel really sorry for her.
The note, addressed to Mr Zhang, claimed they had a romantic relationship and that he had also coerced her into having sex. "Why did you come back and seek me out, take me to your home, and force me to have sex with you," read one line.
I remember Xi Jinping making a song and dance about rooting out corruption within the party, sure.

Associate
Shocking, but they will get away with it, money talks, and now they have her on record as saying nothing happened, so all sponsors/tournaments etc wil be happy.

Such a sad state of affairs.

Probably going to happen. There's a reason why the West is turning a blind eye to the genocide in Uyghur people in Xinjiang. The birth rate has plummeted, entire regions turned into prisoner camps. But money is what makes the world go round, GDP, profit etc. It's never simple.

Back
Top Bottom