What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Is it bad that I only realised cars have 2 pads per caliper when I saw them on the inside of my Caterham's front wheels? :o
So ashamed...

Don't worry, I have a friend that was a go kart racing driver, now has a track car and is trying to become a racing driver and didn't know either.
Actually he doesn't know anything about car mechanics, but he is a really good driver.
Now I'm helping him with his car and he is learning

mjt

mjt

Soldato
check with Nasher if this is ok, he’s the expert on EVERYTHING car related.
:D

Don't worry, I have a friend that was a go kart racing driver, now has a track car and is trying to become a racing driver and didn't know either.
Actually he doesn't know anything about car mechanics, but he is a really good driver.
Now I'm helping him with his car and he is learning
Heh, thanks. But thinking about it logically, how would it be able to clamp down on the disc down if there was only 1 pad? :rolleyes:
It's not a spoon brake on an 1800s penny farthing :p

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Had an altercation with a muntjac in the wife's car on the way to work yesterday morning.

jqXWvww.jpeg
Thankfully all it broke was the lower grill, chrome skid plate, and smashed the number plate; the bumper popped back in and amazingly didn't break any clips.
gTvpbC3.jpeg

First time I've actually hit one, had several close calls in the past, but this bugger darted out from a verge on the left side, not even sure I hit the brakes before hitting it at 60. Lucky it wasn't worse to be honest, they can make a right mess...

Soldato
Had an altercation with a muntjac in the wife's car on the way to work yesterday morning.

jqXWvww.jpeg
Thankfully all it broke was the lower grill, chrome skid plate, and smashed the number plate; the bumper popped back in and amazingly didn't break any clips.
gTvpbC3.jpeg

First time I've actually hit one, had several close calls in the past, but this bugger darted out from a verge on the left side, not even sure I hit the brakes before hitting it at 60. Lucky it wasn't worse to be honest, they can make a right mess...

Looks like the AC condenser got hit as well, hopefully it will not leak.. but have a look.

Soldato
Garage took car on for suspension noise.

They found 15 bolts that were not tight. 2 were loose.

All done up to torque spec...

Last time I use a young mobile mechanic lad to install suspension parts.

Man of Honour
Garage took car on for suspension noise.

They found 15 bolts that were not tight. 2 were loose.

All done up to torque spec...

Last time I use a young mobile mechanic lad to install suspension parts.

Disgraceful. Some just don't give a **** though regardless of age.

Soldato
They're a bloody menace! My route to work is littered with them this year it seems...

yes I clipped one at night joining A14W at Swaffham, with no opportunity to stop for a couple of miles and see what the damage was,
or put it in the back of the car, as compensation.

Soldato
unnamed.jpg

Someone tapped it and probably didn't even realize :(
Buffed most of it out (you can still see it slightly on the crease) and ordered a reflector (£25) will likely have a full bumper respray in Jan, there's a couple other stone chips too.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Spilt fuel down the back of it. Didn’t want to leave it on there as it could be a few weeks before I wash it again. Swirled it up nicely :(

FfplCXa.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom