*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Noob with VR here.

Used a Samsung Gear VR (latest gen one but that is few years old now) and that is literally it.

Just ordered a Quest 2 128gb... am hoping it is a vast improvement visually over the Gear VR? Hoping the difference is considerable? Gear VR felt like a proof of concept to me.

Any suggestions for initial must have experiences/games? Won't want anything too mad. Just relaxing games and visual stuff.

As others have said Walkabout Mini Golf is great. Are you just going to be installing to the Quest 2 or are you going to be trying out PC VR? If you have a decent gaming capable PC then Half Life Alyx seems to be the best and most impressive VR game/experience currently available and is half price right now in the Steam sale. Although there is some combat, I would say the focus is more on puzzles and exploring and interacting with the VR world which looks amazing.

By the way, have you sorted out an Oculus referral code? If not we can do this via Trust on here and as I understand we will both get some credit for the Oculus store. Trust me a message!

Associate
As others have said Walkabout Mini Golf is great. Are you just going to be installing to the Quest 2 or are you going to be trying out PC VR? If you have a decent gaming capable PC then Half Life Alyx seems to be the best and most impressive VR game/experience currently available and is half price right now in the Steam sale. Although there is some combat, I would say the focus is more on puzzles and exploring and interacting with the VR world which looks amazing.

By the way, have you sorted out an Oculus referral code? If not we can do this via Trust on here and as I understand we will both get some credit for the Oculus store. Trust me a message!

Thanks ok let you know about the code when I get it all set up.

I will just be using the Quest as my PC is too old to handle VR now. (see sig)

Soldato
Thanks ok let you know about the code when I get it all set up.

I will just be using the Quest as my PC is too old to handle VR now. (see sig)

You need the code before you set it up. It gives you store credit, but, you have to put the code in before activating the headset.

smr

smr

Soldato
I'm finding it super annoying readjusting the Quest 2 for each of us each time and so am looking for a new headstrap. I've only just started looking really. Are there better alternatives to the Elite Strap and what would you recommend? I've looked at the Frankenquest 2 and that seems a bit much, so perhaps the Kiwi strap which sounds good, but thought I'd ask on here first. Not particularly interested in one with an integrated battery or other accessorised head straps, just want something which is comfortable and can be adjusted quickly to suit different head sizes.

Soldato
I'm finding it super annoying readjusting the Quest 2 for each of us each time and so am looking for a new headstrap. I've only just started looking really. Are there better alternatives to the Elite Strap and what would you recommend? I've looked at the Frankenquest 2 and that seems a bit much, so perhaps the Kiwi strap which sounds good, but thought I'd ask on here first. Not particularly interested in one with an integrated battery or other accessorised head straps, just want something which is comfortable and can be adjusted quickly to suit different head sizes.

I got the kiwi, love it

Tried the elite strap, bobo and another one (forget the name), but kiwi was imho the best.

I've had to order the kiwi fitness face cover though as I came out in a bad rash :( and the silicone cover is not very nice (hot and sticky). What is strange though, is that I had a quest 2 before and never had a problem.....this one though, damn! no idea what chemicals they are using but it burnt my skin. Have had very store eyelids and cheeks for about a week.

Underboss

Soldato
I've had to order the kiwi fitness face cover though as I came out in a bad rash :( and the silicone cover is not very nice (hot and sticky). What is strange though, is that I had a quest 2 before and never had a problem.....this one though, damn! no idea what chemicals they are using but it burnt my skin. Have had very store eyelids and cheeks for about a week.

There was an announcement about this by Oculus and also its been all over the news. Thats why they offer free replacement covers to Quest 2's older than Sept ish 21. Some dodgy batch released earlier this year.

Soldato
i saw in the news, young lad got Q2 for xmas, and his eye swelled up and cant open it

Was that the one with the mother saying that there's no warnings etc, and they should do something about it. Then in the article the paper states that it's pretty clear in the manual that it can happen, and there's the silicon cover included...

Underboss
Soldato
Was that the one with the mother saying that there's no warnings etc, and they should do something about it. Then in the article the paper states that it's pretty clear in the manual that it can happen, and there's the silicon cover included...

yeah that one. Must be an old batch though mine I bought back in Nov was from the new batch not affected. Didnt say when they bought it.

Soldato
Ah ok I'll take a look did see a few with straps for the back of your head . Have the elite head strap etc

Thanks

I'd say buy a normal powerbank and a universal attachment. You can even get by with a few velcro cable ties. I bought a connector off aliexpress that's stretchy so it holds really well. Just the arms to attach it to the strap itself aren't that strong, but a couple of extra velcro cable ties around it holds it on nicely. That's with a chunky 20mAh powerbank too. Heavier, but more evenly distributed.

Back
Top Bottom