*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Not sure if anyone is on just trying to set my sons up he had for christmas but when i get to the wifi bit i switch wifi on with the slider , come out of it but the done button isn't highlight . It's like it doesn't see wifi even though it's working as phones are on it etc . I even went and sat next the router and still nothing ?

Any idea's please?

Thanks
Scott

Fixed

Last edited:
Soldato
Things I've noticed so far:

1) Sweat fogging the lens is a real thing lol. Put the silicone cover on the foam, and it of course, caused all the sweat to go into the lens.
2) Focus is not fantastic with these Q2's.

Not sure if anyone is on just trying to set my sons up he had for christmas but when i get to the wifi bit i switch wifi on with the slider , come out of it but the done button isn't highlight . It's like it doesn't see wifi even though it's working as phones are on it etc . I even went and sat next the router and still nothing ?

Any idea's please?

Thanks
Scott

Fixed

Fixed my daughters new headset by doing two factory resets. It finally let me select a wifi network.

Soldato
Have you used vr before? New users tend to get more clammy than seasoned vr users which causes more fogging.
Make sure you don't have damp hair etc. Vr right after a shower is not good.
Warm the lenses slightly before use. Using a cold headset is a disaster for fogging.

As for the focus. I find it fine. Imo the quest 2 has one of the clearer displays on the popular headsets. Not as good as the reverb G2 but better than most others.

Associate

1) Sweat fogging the lens is a real thing lol. Put the silicone cover on the foam, and it of course, caused all the sweat to go into the lens.

Fixed my daughters new headset by doing two factory resets. It finally let me select a wifi network.

Yeah i did hard reset on it seem to work . And my son says same thing about sweating as he's jumping around lol

Associate

both these sound like fitment issues, its common for new owners to fit headsets too tight, causing fogging and blurry images when it pulls your eyelids etc. It should only rest against your face lightly not be clamped against it. Also spend some time with IPD adjustment with the lens etc, getting it correct makes a big difference to image clarity.

Associate
Hi quick question i am hoping somebody can help! i bought my son an oculus quest 2 for Xmas from the oculus site during a deal which claimed to come with £50 oculus store credit, however upon opening it up for the first time yesterday i am yet to find where i claim this voucher, i have checked my emails and my sons oculus profile and cant seem to find it anywhere???

Soldato
Sorry, can't help. It might be that it needed to be activated at that time.

You can use a referral link from one of us, to get £23 in store credit, but it's a long way from the £50! I'd suggest contacting oculus support. As you bought it direct, you can easily prove that it was bought during the promotion.

Soldato
Somebody from Overclockers sent me trust looking for a referral code. The email went into my Spam folder and I only saw it 5 minutes ago.

I am so sorry to who ever it was, I hope you found another code somewhere else.

Soldato
Been trying to get minecraft and Roblux running in VR. Roblux seems ok, hl:alyx runs great and Minecraft runs like trash. Minecraft, lags every few seconds and I can't figure out why.

Trying to get steam vr running RELIABLY is a pain in the butt. (Mainly getting it started so it connects to the quest 2).

Last edited:
Soldato
Been trying to get minecraft and Roblux running in VR. Roblux seems ok, hl:alyx runs great and Minecraft runs like trash. Minecraft, lags every few seconds and I can't figure out why.

Trying to get steam vr running RELIABLY is a pain in the butt.

What are you using ? Virtual Desktop, USB cable etc ?

Roblox or Minecraft are not designed for the Quest 2 so there will bound to be issues.

If you are using Virtual Desktop getting SteamVR running is pretty easy and quick once you get used to it.

This might help you for Minecraft >

https://www.sportskeeda.com/minecraft/how-play-minecraft-oculus-quest-2

Last edited:
Soldato
What are you using ? Virtual Desktop, USB cable etc ?

Roblox or Minecraft are not designed for the Quest 2 so there will bound to be issues.

If you are using Virtual Desktop getting SteamVR running is pretty easy and quick once you get used to it.

This might help you for Minecraft >

https://www.sportskeeda.com/minecraft/how-play-minecraft-oculus-quest-2

Running USB cable, on an overclocked rtx 2060, and overclocked 1600 cpu with 16gb ram. Running it through stream VR, with 1.17.vivecraft on a fresh world. Initially it seemed to glitch (freeze lag) every half second, even on loading menus. Then it went to smooth and glitching every few seconds. Alyx, roblox etc all seem to run great except minecraft.

Back
Top Bottom