*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Running USB cable, on an overclocked rtx 2060, and overclocked 1600 cpu with 16gb ram. Running it through stream VR, with 1.17.vivecraft on a fresh world. Initially it seemed to glitch (freeze lag) every half second, even on loading menus. Then it went to smooth and glitching every few seconds. Alyx, roblox etc all seem to run great except minecraft.

Is this via Oculus Link ?

http://www.vivecraft.org/vivecraft-for-mobile-vr/

Also I take it you are running Java Edition as Bedrock doesnt need Vivecraft etc it already has VR capabilities.

https://www.lifewire.com/play-minecraft-on-oculus-quest-or-quest-2-5114254

Last edited:
Soldato
Referrals only work when you activate the headset for the first time, but I've read you can factory reset and then do the referral if you've already activated.
Be warned that factory resets can delete your save data.

Soldato
Referrals only work when you activate the headset for the first time, but I've read you can factory reset and then do the referral if you've already activated.
Be warned that factory resets can delete your save data.

Seeing more and more on reddit where factory resets and then doing referrals doesn't actually work anymore if you've already registered the device.

Associate
Noob with VR here.

Used a Samsung Gear VR (latest gen one but that is few years old now) and that is literally it.

Just ordered a Quest 2 128gb... am hoping it is a vast improvement visually over the Gear VR? Hoping the difference is considerable? Gear VR felt like a proof of concept to me.

Any suggestions for initial must have experiences/games? Won't want anything too mad. Just relaxing games and visual stuff.

Soldato
Noob with VR here.

Used a Samsung Gear VR (latest gen one but that is few years old now) and that is literally it.

Just ordered a Quest 2 128gb... am hoping it is a vast improvement visually over the Gear VR? Hoping the difference is considerable? Gear VR felt like a proof of concept to me.

Any suggestions for initial must have experiences/games? Won't want anything too mad. Just relaxing games and visual stuff.

First steps is a good place to start just to get the controls down. Walkabout mini golf. Real vr fishing.

Soldato
Noob with VR here.

Walkabout mini golf and Eleven table tennis (if you enjoy both "sports") are both great!

Rec room is also great, and free - lots of content there

Back
Top Bottom