LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
Had my first Pixel Refresh message on the C1 last night and was surprised it hadn't happened before.
The thing is running a LOT, basically every day since July 7th, all day, although when sitting idle either
showing a black screen saver or I've minimized windows on it showing the black desktop background.

And still loving it :D And still waiting for my EVGA 3080

LG news had me excited for a mate for a hot second. I thought they had announced a 32" OLED monitor,
not TV, with DP and everything, but then it turned out to be a new version of their Pro display costing a
kidney and a testi most likely.

And for those really tinkering, without links to guides or alike, a tweet by Wendell of Level1Techs.
https://twitter.com/tekwendell/status/1473711067364827147
I have learned that there is a whole underground community hacking the LG OLED displays to be displays for HDR grading and cinema production for places like Netflix that involves hacked firmware, custom menus and all sorts of fun things like that. Exciting times.
It would be interesting to see videos about that but I doubt that'll ever happen, for reasons.

Soldato
Does Halo actually support HDR from the game level? I've been playing Forza 5 in SDR because I CBA to turn HDR on and off in Windows 10 whenever I want to play the game.

I believe you would need to turn on HDR in Windows 10 for it to work correctly, why they can't make it happen from a game level is beyond me when other games can do this.

CBA doing it either on PC.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Any of the LG C2 type panels in another brand then?

Sony 42" OLED should be on the tables, we won't know for 100% though till CES show, maybe in 2 days time or next weekend within CES show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVyjshlXeeI

I think Philips and Panasonic will also do their 42" versions but they come at wonky times, think the fall of the year usually. I have no doubt Philips and
Panasonic will do fantastic jobs spec and performance wise when they do arrive but they may not be as focused as LG is towards say gamers.

Does anyone know what the release date and price of the 42 inch lg oled will be ?

Early CES reports are suggesting Q2 of 2022, so think that is April, May time frame, I think that is roughly when CX and C1s came in. Having said all that
we have seen today the 42inch LG OLED (LG OLED42C2KNA) model so it might come out March+ and sooner. More news will arrive in the next few days.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
LG 42" OLED (LG OLED42C2KNA)

ces-22gt-lg-c2-oled-tv-first-images-of-the-leaked-lg-oled42c2-lg-oled42c2-and-lg-oled42c2.jpg

Unconfirmed early reports, Q2 release(April+), 30% brighter then conventional OLEDs?, Better Image enhancing tech?, Thinner bezel?
(those ? points might not be correct or maybe for the EX only models)

https://www.avcaesar.com/news/1448/...eaked-lg-oled42c2-lg-oled42c2-and-lg-oled42c2

Better news of specs, performance and availability will come with CES show next weekend.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Do they typically announce price at CES? Would be good to have a rough idea, if it is ludicrous then I can just pick up a 48” C1 now.

Hopefully, its usually the first questions that spring up after their usual tech hype talk.

I think we did actually see some US stores getting early delivery of Sonys and C1s as early as mid of February last year, so hopefully not long.

Its tricky to know, I just checked hotuk deals on current 48-C1 prices, 1K with discounts applied its not bad currently but it was £881 in November from LG direct with 5 year warranty so we know they can do better, it might hit £850-900 again once C2 is announced.

My guesstimate for the 42" is around £800-900, that is my next screen but will wait on reviews and see what Sony has got also.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Hopefully, its usually the first questions that spring up after their usual tech hype talk.

I think we did actually see some US stores getting early delivery of Sonys and C1s as early as mid of February last year, so hopefully not long.

Its tricky to know, I just checked hotuk deals on current 48-C1 prices, 1K with discounts applied its not bad currently but it was £881 in November from LG direct with 5 year warranty so we know they can do better, it might hit £850-900 again once C2 is announced.

My guesstimate for the 42" is around £800-900, that is my next screen but will wait on reviews and see what Sony has got also.
Yep. Would like to hold out for the 42”. If it is £800-£900 on release then I might pull the trigger, even though I know it will drop a couple of hundred come Black Friday.

Associate
Treated mysen to one of these of christmas and wow i am blown away with it on pc.
Was even more happy doing 120 hz @ 4k with a 2080s as i thought it would only do 4k 60hz.
The 2080/1080/3080 all can do 120hz @4k with this TV. But 2080/1080 is only 8bit no G-sync and no HDMI 2.1. The 3080/90 is 10bit colour with G-sync in HDMI 2.1

Yep. Would like to hold out for the 42”.
The 42inch with still be too big for some! If your coming from a small 27inch to 42inch then it will be a lot bigger on the desk;)

Is anyone having Netflix freezing & crashing all the time when watching movies!!

Last edited:
Soldato
The 2080/1080/3080 all can do 120hz @4k with this TV. But 2080/1080 is only 8bit no G-sync and no HDMI 2.1. The 3080/90 is 10bit colour with G-sync in HDMI 2.1

Had Netflix crash a few times turning the tv off and unplugging seems to sort it, I put it down to the wi fi but if others are getting it babe it's the last update
The 42inch with still be too big for some! If your coming from a small 27inch to 42inch then it will be a lot bigger on the desk;)

Is anyone having Netflix freezing & crashing all the time when watching movies!!

Soldato
Odd my reply did not show in my post.
I have had problems with Netflix crashing but turning the tv off and unplugging it for a few seconds seems to sort it, thought it was my wi fi but could be down to the last update

Associate
I get occasional crashes with the apps, not just Netflix, Prime Video, and YouTube occasionally do it too. I haven't tried to remedy it as it's so irregular and seemingly random. Thankfully not had it happen during any films yet. Worthwhile flagging it with LG Support so that enough attention is brought to it.

Associate
LG 42" OLED (LG OLED42C2KNA)

ces-22gt-lg-c2-oled-tv-first-images-of-the-leaked-lg-oled42c2-lg-oled42c2-and-lg-oled42c2.jpg

Unconfirmed early reports, Q2 release(April+), 30% brighter then conventional OLEDs?, Better Image enhancing tech?, Thinner bezel?
(those ? points might not be correct or maybe for the EX only models)

https://www.avcaesar.com/news/1448/...eaked-lg-oled42c2-lg-oled42c2-and-lg-oled42c2

Better news of specs, performance and availability will come with CES show next weekend.
If that's really the 42C2, then I would be disappointed big time because screw that stance. I hope it's the 42A2. The 48A1 got the crappy stance too.

Back
Top Bottom