Poll: Newby ghost photo - ever proved a fake?

Do you think the Newby Ghost photo is real or fake?

• Real

• Fake

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
I'm a proponent of the rare Earth theory. I mean, there could be life out there but I suspect it is so rare that it may only happen once in a galaxy if you are lucky. I suspect we will never see little green or grey men unless they come from Earth.

You're talking of intelligent, sentient life our nearest peers may be as far away as Andromeda if so we really are on an island. Non sentient life may be more common and in this galaxy but just not smart.

remember yvonne fielding and derek acorah :D

if ghosts were real there's tons of places in europe and russia that should be full of them from ww1/ww2

if you think about it there's probably not a single spot in most cities where someone hasn't died within a few meters

I bet TV schedulers love these type of shows a half dozen people scaring themselves to death and shouting a lot with just a camera in an old empty building, they don't even need to pay for lighting. Its TV on an ultra-ultra-ultra shoestring budget.

Soldato
This is quite clearly a troll attempt. Either that or mental illness.
Well its neither. Why do you keep using make believe to write off things you don't like?

Would you say Christians are not real because they believe in resurrection and magic? They use the practice of prayer and gestures to heal people via a powerful being with magical powers which is just another version of magic. There entire believe system is built around magically abilities and people with magical powers they believe are real. Along with loads more examples like Saints who have to perform magical feats to become a Saint. No matter what one thinks of Christians beliefs no one in there right mind would go around and say Christians are not real. The same applies to Witchcraft & Wicca. Try going up to your local Coven or one of the big meets and tell them they are not real.

Why are you classing one religious group as real and the other religious group as not real?
Anyway I don't want to derail the thread going into the Witchcraft religion. This should be about ghosts and my original point was you excuses to write off ghosts as all in the mind are wrong.

Capodecina
Soldato
@Pottsey I've been arguing for the existence of ghosts, aliens and all manner of related phenomena on this forum for years. There are a lot of people here [most people] who will remain forever unconvinced and the discussion will go round in circles for pages and pages. For every piece of evidence you can provide, they will provide a counter-link or counter argument. It will never change. Look, this thread was started in 2008 - how many people here believe the Newby Ghost was real? One or two only. I just let bygones be bygones now.

Associate
Ok it’s a war of semantics now then - fine.

Religious groups are real, and they have their own beliefs about what is real. No Christian has even proven these beliefs are real though, and no Wiccan has even proven magic is real. If they had, everyone would know about it.

Associate
@Pottsey I've been arguing for the existence of ghosts, aliens and all manner of related phenomena on this forum for years. There are a lot of people here [most people] who will remain forever unconvinced and the discussion will go round in circles for pages and pages. For every piece of evidence you can provide, they will provide a counter-link or counter argument. It will never change. Look, this thread was started in 2008 - how many people here believe the Newby Ghost was real? One or two only. I just let bygones be bygones now.

Aliens is a good one actually - I believe they exist purely because life exists here, the universe is unimaginably vast and there’s no reason to think similar conditions to earth can’t happen elsewhere. Intelligent life is another questions, but life elsewhere is almost a certainty in my mind.

Can I prove it? No. But there IS evidence.

Soldato
Aliens is a good one actually - I believe they exist purely because life exists here, the universe is unimaginably vast and there’s no reason to think similar conditions to earth can’t happen elsewhere. Intelligent life is another questions, but life elsewhere is almost a certainty in my mind.

Can I prove it? No. But there IS evidence.

Evidence of life elsewhere? No there isn't.

There's theories and wishful thinking and that's as far as its gone.

Soldato

There’s no evidence of life yet, but there is evidence of the building blocks of life on Mars. If there’s evidence of the building blocks, one conclusion could be that they have formed life on another planet. Given the size of the universe, the chance of these building blocks having come together successfully to form life is pretty good. So it is a theory, but there is a reasonable amount of evidence from which you could form a conclusion.

Witches exist. Very much so.

Didn’t respond to this as I thought you were joking. Witches exist but they don’t do magic.

This is possibly one of the funniest threads on here. It is nice to see that some people still believe in such things, bless them. It would be a dull old world if we all thought the same and new ideas would never happen. There is still no such things as Ghosts or ghouls or phantoms or spirims or spictrims. This interesting documentary examines ghosts.

Soldato
This is possibly one of the funniest threads on here. It is nice to see that some people still believe in such things, bless them. It would be a dull old world if we all thought the same and new ideas would never happen. There is still no such things as Ghosts or ghouls or phantoms or spirims or spictrims. This interesting documentary examines ghosts.
If there are no such things as ghosts which is very possible that just what is happening as the events at least some of them are real. The events are clearly not all in the mind and have a physical side to them in some cases. Writing off those events with make believe is just as bad as blindly believing in all ghosts stories.

Associate

We have evidence of life - it’s you, me, and everything else on this planet. We know uncountable other planets exist, so to suggest life hasn’t evolved elsewhere just doesn’t work in my mind.

it isn’t DIRECT evidence, I agree - but it is evidence.

Soldato
If there are no such things as ghosts which is very possible that just what is happening as the events at least some of them are real. The events are clearly not all in the mind and have a physical side to them in some cases. Writing off those events with make believe is just as bad as blindly believing in all ghosts stories.

Have you considered that many of the reported events could be fake?

Associate
Sorry, but this just made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEolSjlcqng

"Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact."

I never claimed it to be a fact, I just said we have evidence supporting it - life on THIS planet.

Take for instance the first astronomers to discover planets around other stars in the mid 90’s. They looked at our solar system, found it had quite a few planets, looked at the stars which are the same type of object as our sun and theorised there was no reason they shouldn’t have planets either. They went hunting and found them, and we’re at almost 5000 now I believe.

The evidence they used to justify hunting other star systems was our own star system. Same applies here. It isn’t direct evidence, but it is evidence which makes it worth considering, and not just a wild claim out of nowhere.

Soldato
I love that a (thankfully) minor few here are trying to defend the terrible take of ghosts being real by comparing them to aliens existing.

The fact that the comparison is even being made just shows how warped their view is on reality.

Soldato
Have you considered that many of the reported events could be fake?
100% many of them are fake like most, if not all those silly ghost hunter TV shows, some events are even tricks of the mind or mistakes. Others though have a basis in being real. I know what I experienced was real and not in the mind. Like I said before I am not convinced ghosts are dead souls but there is something real on the physical side to some of the stories. Just saying they are not real doesnt explain away the events. The explanation that its all in the mind is just living in fantasy land. Ghosts are most likely some sort of undiscovered science based phenomenon.

To me the people who blindly ignore everything as not real and think its all in the mind are not facing reality just as much as the ones that blindly believe all ghosts stories are real.

Back
Top Bottom