Poll: Newby ghost photo - ever proved a fake?

Do you think the Newby Ghost photo is real or fake?

• Real

• Fake

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
You know what absolutely does happen there now or even back in the 70s? Absolutely nothing. An old derelict house long forgotten by time but at one point 50 years ago was home to some Highlands winds causing late night noises that rustled some noodles of people who were already too cold to function any further so stayed over for the night and as a result heard/saw things that simply weren't there. This is a scientifically proven fact that the brain will make you see hear and feel things that do not exist if the body has been through exhaustion, like in the tricky climates of the snowy Highlands.

The alternative is some people are way more susceptible to these tricks of the mind than the vast majority. Derren Brown has proven this on live television countless times.
Or it could be real and you are absolutely wrong in saying it’s not there. While I am not convinced ghosts are conscious entities of dead people that doesn’t mean that some sort of phenomenon did not happen. I know from expreince the ghost phenomenon is real even if the majority of the video and content online is fake to make money or fame.

Its not about being susceptible to tricks of the mind as while that does explain away some of it, that is not a blanket explanation for it all. That doesn’t explain the experiences many have had. Like when a group of people see globes of light fly up from the floor or water in an old Abby or river. Phenomenon like that are real.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's not real. Simple as that.

The simplest way to put it is that if it WAS real then why has the world's media not hauled over to the site for all these decades to witness and document these events and why have actual scientists not turned up with measuring equipment yet?

There's only one answer and it doesn't require any spooky noises.

Your experience is a trick of the mind and nothing more. I can say this confidently because that's exactly what it is time and time again.

I refer you to James Randi's $1 million offer to anyone who could prove that something paranormal was going on with any claim of this sort. The prize remained unclaimed for decades before it was cancelled.

Soldato
It's not real. Simple as that.

The simplest way to put it is that if it WAS real then why has the world's media not hauled over to the site for all these decades to witness and document these events and why have actual scientists not turned up with measuring equipment yet?

There's only one answer and it doesn't require any spooky noises.

Your experience is a trick of the mind and nothing more. I can say this confidently because that's exactly what it is time and time again.

I refer you to James Randi's $1 million offer to anyone who could prove that something paranormal was going on with any claim of this sort. The prize remained unclaimed for decades before it was cancelled.
It is real as simple as that. Just because something is rare or hard to document it doesn’t mean it’s not real. Floating Orbs for example are 100% real and well documented.

My expreince isn’t a trick of the mind because there are proven physical elements that other people experienced at the same time so it’s impossible to be a trick of the mind.

James Randi's doesn’t disprove anything. That’s not how science works. My expreinces where real but there is not way to prove them to James Rand. That doesnt change the fact they happed.

Soldato
Not to be confused with Ghosts and the Paranormal.
Why? It wouldn't surprise me if many ghost sighting are those floating orbs what ever they are. A white glowing moving orb in an old Abby could well be taken as a ghost. We don't really know what the orbs are in many cases.

Associate
It is real as simple as that. Just because something is rare or hard to document it doesn’t mean it’s not real. Floating Orbs for example are 100% real and well documented.

My expreince isn’t a trick of the mind because there are proven physical elements that other people experienced at the same time so it’s impossible to be a trick of the mind.

James Randi's doesn’t disprove anything. That’s not how science works. My expreinces where real but there is not way to prove them to James Rand. That doesnt change the fact they happed.

The plural of anecdote is not evidence. Please provide some.

Man of Honour
I'm facing the reality through my screen right now, the reality that a grown person still thinks ghosts are real but refuses to accept that it is all in the mind and as such cannot be recorded, documented or any "experience" replicated when there are more than one person in that setting where the original experience happened.

What a coincidence?

Edit*
Maybe worth adding that if a single instance could be documented or repeated of a haunting or ghostly figure appearing in front of actual eyes, then that is all it would take. A single instance on camera with a live audience. In all these years since the dawn of man saying he saw a ghostly thing has there never ever been a single instance of documented proof. Millions and millions of"sightings" but not a single piece of undeniable proof.

That says a lot. We have measurement instruments that are so sensitive they can detect a single Neutrino passing through this entire planet as it whizzes through space and time as well as cameras that can see wavelengths of light that no human can see yet.... still no ghosts detected.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm facing the reality through my screen right now, the reality that a grown person still thinks ghosts are real but refuses to accept that it is all in the mind and as such cannot be recorded, documented or any "experience" replicated when there are more than one person in that setting where the original experience happened.

What a coincidence?

Edit*
Maybe worth adding that if a single instance could be documented or repeated of a haunting or ghostly figure appearing in front of actual eyes, then that is all it would take. A single instance on camera with a live audience. In all these years since the dawn of man saying he saw a ghostly thing has there never ever been a single instance of documented proof. Millions and millions of"sightings" but not a single piece of undeniable proof.

That says a lot. We have measurement instruments that are so sensitive they can detect a single Neutrino passing through this entire planet as it whizzes through space and time as well as cameras that can see wavelengths of light that no human can see yet.... still no ghosts detected.

Maybe James Webb will help…:D

Associate
Ah nice, so everyone who posted there with an experience is full of ****. You read it here first folks.

An experience someone classes as “creepy” does not equal a supernatural physics-defying event. That would require evidence, otherwise it’s an anecdote that proves nothing.

Soldato

What a coincidence?

Edit*

You don't seem to be facing reality as you appear to be using make believe to write off real experiences that really happened as not happening. Just because something isn’t yet well documented or is very hard to record it doesn’t mean it’s automatically not real. I can accept debating over just what ghosts are and can accept not believing they are dead souls and that they might be something else. What I cannot accept is that some of the events are not real as I know that is not true.

As I said I don’t believe they are dead people. At the same time writing off all the experiences as not happening and all of it being in the mind is to me not living in reality. Some of the reports are real and really did happen. Its not all in the minds of people. Its not all make believe. Just because someone had an expreince they cannot replicate, it doesn’t mean they didn’t have that expreince and it did not happen.

The plural of anecdote is not evidence. Please provide some.
Just because there is no evidence of something it does not mean it didn't happen. I am not able to provide evidence as I don't have any evidence from my experience that made me change my mind that there is something real behind some ghosts stories. I think 99% of those ghost TV shows and evidence from them is total rubbish. A lot of the stories are fake but that doesnt mean they all are.

Back
Top Bottom