• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
So I received mine early today. It has replaced a 6800XT and so far I'm noticing a marginal performance increase in Warzone, Rise of The Tomb Raider and Halo. Immediately did the undervolt to 850mV at 1800 and it sits around 62-65 degrees in games.

I'm still having my ongoing issue of anything above the refresh rate of the monitor (27GP850-B 180Hz) becomes choppy/stuttery. It's not screen tearing, it feels more like really low fps even though it can be sat at 220-230 fps. So my issue must lie elsewhere. Not sure if it's my understanding of Gsync/Freesync/VRR that is the problem (most likely) but from my limited understanding, if the screen does 180Hz and my game is sat at 220-230 fps, it should be butter smooth correct?

Could a motherboard be a cause of my problems? It's a MSI Tomahawk MAG Wifi with a 5800X.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Did you nuke the GPU driver when you switched from AMD to nvidia? Does sound like you could have conflicting settings on how your controlling the fps.

My general understanding is you find out the real range of your monitor from the manuf. spec, if the games supports it lock the range to within that spec. Gsync/Freesync should do a good job as long as its applied, but you can add other software settings that may counter it. For example on the AMD side if you ran Chill which adjusts your fps by trying to save power, it could be doing the wild fluctuations of fps between your 150 to max.

Associate
Did you nuke the GPU driver when you switched from AMD to nvidia? Does sound like you could have conflicting settings on how your controlling the fps.

My general understanding is you find out the real range of your monitor from the manuf. spec, if the games supports it lock the range to within that spec. Gsync/Freesync should do a good job as long as its applied, but you can add other software settings that may counter it. For example on the AMD side if you ran Chill which adjusts your fps by trying to save power, it could be doing the wild fluctuations of fps between your 150 to max.

I have, when I installed both cards, it was on fresh Windows installs. The games run perfectly up to 180 fps, anything above that is awful, so I have to either cap it with software or turn VSync on.

Soldato
I have, when I installed both cards, it was on fresh Windows installs. The games run perfectly up to 180 fps, anything above that is awful, so I have to either cap it with software or turn VSync on.
Your best off capping with in game framerate setting or RTSS as using Vsync will add more input lag.

Soldato
So I received mine early today. It has replaced a 6800XT and so far I'm noticing a marginal performance increase in Warzone, Rise of The Tomb Raider and Halo. Immediately did the undervolt to 850mV at 1800 and it sits around 62-65 degrees in games.

I'm still having my ongoing issue of anything above the refresh rate of the monitor (27GP850-B 180Hz) becomes choppy/stuttery. It's not screen tearing, it feels more like really low fps even though it can be sat at 220-230 fps. So my issue must lie elsewhere. Not sure if it's my understanding of Gsync/Freesync/VRR that is the problem (most likely) but from my limited understanding, if the screen does 180Hz and my game is sat at 220-230 fps, it should be butter smooth correct?

Could a motherboard be a cause of my problems? It's a MSI Tomahawk MAG Wifi with a 5800X.

Run HWMonitor and GPU-Z in the background, see what you can see..
I'm running a 3080FE and a 5800x and mines fine, few tweaks, no PBO on the CPU but the GPU is running 1900Mhz @887mV.
I would suggest sticking the GPU back to defaults and then seeing if you have any issues, could be a silicon lottery issue, not all GPU's are the same, but by having GPU-Z and HWMonitor you'll be able to keep an eye on the system, might be worth having a play with Heaven and Cinebench and see what they do.

Back
Top Bottom