What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
The Kingsman

3rd in the trilogy? Ww1 prequel...
Lacks almost everything that made the 1st one great and the second one average.
Easily the worst of the 3 and 2 was meh.

Some ok cliché scenes you come to expect from the formula, now established but overall.
7/10

A weird choice they took half way through ruined it for me, it was meant to be super edgy but I just laughed. It might tie into a previous film but honestly its been so long since I've seen both all the references fell flat on me.

Was really expecting a certain timelord to be in it ..... :p

Last edited:
Soldato
The Kingsman 6/10

Promised so much but I feel it fell flat.
I was particularly disappointed with Conrad dieing and I didn't expect it. Thought there was a lot of potential there to expand and develop, especially with the fact I don't think Ralph Phienns character fit being the main actor to take on the fighting scenes. I just feel it didn't quite fit.

Thought Rhys Ifans was brilliant, and always been a fan of Arterton :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Watched CODA last night, V night so went for a film we might both enjoy and what a great film it was. Can't think of negative stuff about it so 5/5 for me.

Soldato
Kingdom of Heaven, 7/10

Have been watching DS9 again recently, and seeing Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abdurrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi playing someone other than Dr Bashir was strange.

Soldato
@Efour @JamesH85
You see I sat there watching it expecting Conrad to die. The first movie explicitly states formed by men who had lost heirs in the Great War. What surprised me was the nature of his death rather than his death

The KingsMan I enjoyed it 7/10 not as clever or funny as the original but still a high degree of polish and some wonderfully over the top action and characters.

I re-watched the original the next night and whilst it loses some of it's impact it's still a very engaging and amusing film even after several viewings. Gotta love Samuel L Jackson as Spike Lee Valentine :D

Soldato
The Privilege

Seems to be a german horror and was a fairly good film. Still left me a little confused as to what the story was about but conveniently set up for a sequel.

Confusion generally around whether it's the pills making people hallucinate the demon thing, or whether that was actually real and the parents were channelling it.

Associate
Persian Lessons 7/10

A Jewish man sent to a concentration camp in 1942 avoids execution by teaching Farsi to a German Officer. An intriguing story and film.

The story is bordering on far-fetched and fails to depict the true horror of the unnamed camp; However, it is an intriguing watch.

Associate
The Duke (2020) - 7/10

A good story which is told well and has some great acting performances.

It wasn’t as funny as I was expecting with a fair bit of focus on a tragedy and everyday life, but it was still pretty humorous and enjoyable throughout.

The setting and style felt authentic and the seamless use of stock footage complemented this.

Soldato
The Hunt on Netflix, one of the better films Netflix has done of late, ok its doesnt break any new ground and somewhat predictable but its a good dark comedy that doesn't take itself seriously whilst having a jab at the people who push "The Message". @ only 1:30hours long, i wish more films were sub 2 hours these days!

Back
Top Bottom