Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
My wheel woolies are still going strong after all these years and I use the Vera angle brush for the front. The EZ brushes seem to come highly recommended.

+1 for the Meguiar's wheel brush.

Also, this ******* sand has made a mess of my cars :( :mad:

Indeed, there’s a decent layer still on my car when I look closely. It’s going to need a very good prewash before a contact wash. Plus the then flood roads that have put a load of grit onto the inside of the wheels.

Soldato
I'm actually using this from EuroCarParts for the grand sum of £4 to clean wheels with. I've had woolies for years but with a new car and narrower spokes wanted one brush to do the lot, fronts, spokes, rears, barrels.

The cover is removable which is handy for washing, easily bendable for tackling behind the spokes and holds it's shape. The middle is metal though covered in foam which you can see. I taped the end up to stop the metal doing any damage as the foam degrades which actually also helps it fit between the spokes nicely. Can even get it in between the caliper and the wheel too.

g11OO97l.jpg

Lunchtime wash. Dust be gone.

fpSJJSgl.jpg

Soldato
Just spent 2 hours in the dark cleaning both my Megane's & gently removing the sahara dust :( do not want to let that get baked on next few days in the sunshine would be way harder to remove & risk of paint damage as it hardens :eek:

Soldato
+1 for the Meguiar's wheel brush.

Also, this ******* sand has made a mess of my cars :( :mad:
Tell me about it dude! had to clean mine in the dark the dust gets into literally every single vent & outside surface had to use a kids toothbrush to gently get it out of the front grilles :eek:

Soldato
Been on holiday for the last couple of weeks. Cleaned the car before I left and parked it on the drive. Got back today and found it completely covered in sand and dust. When did that happen, was it this week?

I've rinsed just the windscreen for now and it seemed to just wash off, so I'm hoping a good dousing with snow foam and a pressure washer should be enough to get the worst of it off.

Man of Honour
PSA, HydrO2 Lite is the stuff of an magics.

HydrO2_Lite_pt1.gif
HydrO2_Lite_pt2.gif

Man of Honour
Considering I have not clayed or waxed the paint in a few years, I'm quite pleased with how the paint deep glosses after a wash and finisher spray application, this time round being the HydrO2 stuff, previously Autofinesse. Carbon Black is one of those colours that are hateful keeping clean, but when it's clean, it's really in your face clean in decent weather.

Sexy pipes there Robbie!

Keep away from my exits :eek:

Soldato
Just washed mine. Dust came off fine. But I'm annoyed to find out that my Raceglaze filter needs refilling again.

Last time I washed, I noticed there were still some waterspots left on the car. This time, after I'd finished washing I thought I'd test the water with the TDS meter....its back up to 290ppm!

I think I filled it up in May last year so again, that's about 10-11 months between refills. But I had switched to using it only for the final rinse, so had hoped it would last a little longer. Perhaps I am washing more often than I thought, or it just struggles with the exceptionally hard water around here.

Edit: looking back through this thread, I actually refilled the Raceglaze at the beginning of April last year, so it has actually lasted pretty much a year. So perhaps not as unexpected as I thought.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Well this sand has made a complete mess of the Q8. I hate black cars :mad:

More work for my detail guy. The lack of wax/ceramic coat means the paint is completely ******. Might as well have taken it to a car wash :rolleyes:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Sand was no issue for me snow foam as shampoo all good!
The sun was much stronger than I thought this morning, and also the lack of ceramic coating, or even wax, on the paint made such a mess.

Another car, which had been detailed last year, faired fine. I still really hate black cars, and always will :(

Man of Honour
A good snow foam soak and pressure wash and it came up good ready for a contact wash. Both cars needed doing this morning which always adds to the workload - the mini also needed bumper gel and tyre gel, it’s also due a good soft top clean before I wash it next.

I was surprised how much grit was still left in various gully’s under the doors and bonnet. Horrible stuff.

Both cars need a polish and then sealant reapplication in due course. I’ll use a DA polisher next time, I think I’ve found a decent one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom