******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
yea but why play a game where everyone else already paid to end game

But what end game? The game part is doing the activities in SC either by yourself or with friends accordingly. You can rent ships, borrow ships from other players, buy ships in game, go to events in game, be part of an org doing player created activities or just play solo following the missions and exploring and you can start all that with your starter ship as well if you so wish. There isn't any unfair playing field to start with.

You have different criteria of missions and will basically by design be in a bubble. With that if someone has brought a Hammerhead and is playing solo then you with your small fighter has a solid chance of engaging, surviving, interaction. That person having brought a ship and you being in something like an avenger titan doesn't instantly me no game and you miles behind. Within a week or two of playing then you can earn enough to get a ship that would eat the Hammerhead unless it fully crewed. And that is then up to you to then take on the boss player and commit possibly with other friends to even the score.

The ability to just buy to win is very much not something that sits within the current game development or the scope. If the only way was to ever purchase all ships above starter was with real monies then I could see the point. But that just isn't the case.

Soldato
CIG have stated in the past that buying ships from the pledge store will be removed at some point.

Probably once the game is feature complete and in beta.

They may just allow us to buy concept ships only from the pledge store but no ability to buy older ships already released and able to obtain in-game.

Soldato
OP
CIG have stated in the past that buying ships from the pledge store will be removed at some point.

Probably once the game is feature complete and in beta.

They may just allow us to buy concept ships only from the pledge store but no ability to buy older ships already released and able to obtain in-game.

It's almost like many games have pledge stores and cash shops these days. People also forget that Elite Dangerous also allowed you to buy certain ships by pledging for specific tiers during funding. This is nothing new. Then again SC takes it to another level routinely and blatantly, while dragging on endlessly. I find it hilarious to see Star Citizen now held up as a way to "do it better" when referring to some newer crowdfunded disasters like Earth 2, as SC has some degree of gameplay.

Soldato
In isolation, no, it might not be. However...

You asked this:

and got this answer:

Which you then ignored.
So either you're trolling, or he's right, you can't read.

Given that you've already stated your position regarding your opinion on SC and the people who play it multiple times and have balatantly done this to try and get a reaction that lets you get to play the "You guys are so sensitive" card, yeah, you're trolling and have no problem with reading.

By all means play the innocent though.

You're over analysing my post. I laughed at the ridiculous price of 30k for a ship because that's what I saw at face value, someone then mentioned NFTs which I asked about, which you've actually said I ignored when I directly quoted and enquired further about. If you think 30 grand is fine for a ship then you are out of your mind.

Your hyperlink also doesn't work but I'll assume it's a post in the other SC thread where I voiced my opinion on how SC being the biggest con in video game history. That isn't trolling, it's my opinion.

You and a few others are apart of the problem in this thread, you're quick to get overly defensive and deflect any and all criticism of the game only to blow things out of proportion.

Log back into your game, maybe spend a couple of grand on a ship and move on from this.

What's an RTM?

Report to Moderator

Caporegime
You're over analysing my post. I laughed at the ridiculous price of 30k for a ship because that's what I saw at face value, someone then mentioned NFTs which I asked about, which you've actually said I ignored when I directly quoted and enquired further about. If you think 30 grand is fine for a ship then you are out of your mind.

Your hyperlink also doesn't work but I'll assume it's a post in the other SC thread where I voiced my opinion on how SC being the biggest con in video game history. That isn't trolling, it's my opinion.

You and a few others are apart of the problem in this thread, you're quick to get overly defensive and deflect any and all criticism of the game only to blow things out of proportion.

Log back into your game, maybe spend a couple of grand on a ship and move on from this.

You said you misunderstood what was said, that's fine, but no one is fine with $30,000 for a ship and Star Citizen are not selling any ship for anything like $30,000 so why not just leave it be instead of implying the same point you intended when you thought the $30,000 ship was a Star Citizen ship.

The fact that you chose to make this implication, despite the fact that it should be obvious to you by now that its wrong, looks a lot like trolling.

Star Citizen do not sell $30,000 ships and no one here thinks that would be fine.

Soldato

Mate, the 30k ship isn't in SC and of course I don't think it's fine ffs...
Sure, you directly quoted it, but you didn't read the original reply to you, hence your question. You also didn't read it when I quoted it in my response to you, so here you are tripling down...

Here, try again:
30k for what ship?

That isn't Star Citizen, that is Star Atlas a completely different project in UE5 with NFTs.

The link does work. It's just a link to your posts in this thread.
You're entitled to your opinion that it's a scam. I haven't called you a troll because of that opinion. I posted the link to show that you're not the innocent you claim to be, because you've already made it clear that you have a set opinion and the posts you make are based around the fact that you think it's a cult etc.

No mate. If you'd actually read my posts in this thread, then you'd see that I don't have a problem with criticising this game.
You don't know my opinion.. You've assumed whatever fits your stereotype and you've already shown that you're incapable of actually reading things, because you're too busy trying to be a snide smartarse.

I have a problem with people that don't have a clue and usually little to no practical knowledge or experience with the game, yet think they know better than everyone else and are utterly incapable of having a genuine conversation on the subject because their absolute opinion is the be all, end all. Anyone that doesn't agree is a cult member blahblah..
I have a problem with the equally clueless straight up narcissists that only post in this thread to knowingly troll and generally ****post, thinking they're clever.

Seriously, look at how every time someone asks something and guys like Humbug or Pinkfloyd go out of their way to explain it, only to get mugged off with some BS one liner from a clueless nob whose only interest is to feed their own narcissism and get high fives from the other bells.

See? There you go again with the convenient, tryhard, snide false assumptions that you think make you look clever...

Last edited:
Soldato
Perhaps this helps to clear things up?

Is it a scam? Maybe, I dunno. Neither do you, you just have an opinion.
Will it ever get finished? Maybe, I dunno.
Is it taking far too long? Yep.
Has it been mismanaged? Yep.
Is it often bug ridden? Yep.
Have I spent silly money on it? Nope.
Have I had a hell of a lot of fun playing it with mates? **** yeah.

Last edited:
Soldato
You said you misunderstood what was said, that's fine, but no one is fine with $30,000 for a ship and Star Citizen are not selling any ship for anything like $30,000 so why not just leave it be instead of implying the same point you intended when you thought the $30,000 ship was a Star Citizen ship.

The fact that you chose to make this implication, despite the fact that it should be obvious to you by now that its wrong, looks a lot like trolling.

Star Citizen do not sell $30,000 ships and no one here thinks that would be fine.

Tbh I think a lot of people here don't think ships should sell for more than a few hundred at most if at all. Don't have time for someone misrepresenting on purpose to get a reaction, have a calm reply, ignore said reply and double down on the troll. And then try to call out those that reply. Isn't worth trying to be reasonable at that point as they clearly aren't interested in a conversation when this below is thrown in as almost dummy spat.

Honestly don't understand how some of the people function as adults with their attitude to getting a rise and finding it fun to be petulant consistently in something they have no interest in.

Soldato
Tbh I think a lot of people here don't think ships should sell for more than a few hundred at most if at all. Don't have time for someone misrepresenting on purpose to get a reaction, have a calm reply, ignore said reply and double down on the troll. And then try to call out those that reply. Isn't worth trying to be reasonable at that point as they clearly aren't interested in a conversation when this below is thrown in as almost dummy spat.

Honestly don't understand how some of the people function as adults with their attitude to getting a rise and finding it fun to be petulant consistently in something they have no interest in.
What’s funny is that games like Fifa and COD , the player base there spend just as much if not more than your average “concierge “ SC player.

I saw a video that showed how despite record number of sales for the past 2-3 years, CIG’s sales are still laughable compared to fifa/PUBG/COD etc yet no one bats an eye lid with the amount players spend on those games for skins etc

Soldato

Yep, same here! Only spent $45 here for the Aurora starter set, probably had a few hundred hours of gameplay out of that with friends. For all it's issues you can still have fun if you have an open mind.

I saw a video that showed how despite record number of sales for the past 2-3 years, CIG’s sales are still laughable compared to fifa/PUBG/COD etc yet no one bats an eye lid with the amount players spend on those games for skins etc
Comparing SC to mobile games is next level crazy too. ~400m for Star Citizen, yet there are mobile games well into the multi-billions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_mobile_games
Sure, they're not really a like for like comparison but it makes the spend on Star Citizen look somewhat trivial!

Last edited:
Soldato

The fact it exists is a bad thing for the game. Fair enough some may have taken my comment about a whip round as trolling, it was a joke over something costing as much as a house in some parts of the UK. That doesn't mean any and all further questions I ask are automatically trolling. The same thing applies in any social situation.

I have a problem with people that don't have a clue and usually little to no practical knowledge or experience with the game, yet think they know better than everyone else and are utterly incapable of having a genuine conversation on the subject because their absolute opinion is the be all, end all. Anyone that doesn't agree is a cult member blahblah..
I have a problem with the equally clueless straight up narcissists that only post in this thread to knowingly troll and generally ****post, thinking they're clever.

Seriously, look at how every time someone asks something and guys like Humbug or Pinkfloyd go out of their way to explain it, only to get mugged off with some BS one liner from a clueless nob whose only interest is to feed their own narcissism and get high fives from the other bells.

I have no clue what you're talking about, or care that you feel that way. I asked whether NFTs were in the game and Hamburg answered it back in post 13853 This should have been the end of it.

See? There you go again with the convenient, tryhard, snide false assumptions that you think make you look clever...

After the back and forth with you over a question about NFTs can you look back at what you've said and think oh yea I've been absolutely fine talking to Lethal? Like I said earlier if you think I'm trolling use the RTM and/or block me and move on. You've used a question and dug up past posts trying to label me something rather than ignore or answer the question. You get what you give.

This would have prevented us having a petty back and forth.

Ships shouldn't cost as much as they do, you're right that is an opinion shared by many. Being unreasonable to others isn't a justification if you've seen them say something in a separate post you didn't like, it makes you the bad actor.

There's over 13k posts, of course people have an interest in this game if their posting in it. It's ambitious which makes it interesting BUT equally there's far to many questionable things going on with this project. Occasionally I'll joke about the die hard fans, occasionally I'll express that I feel bad for them since my opinion of the management isn't good. Different days I'll say different things you'll agree and disagree with.

What’s funny is that games like Fifa and COD , the player base there spend just as much if not more than your average “concierge “ SC player.

This isn't a justification nor does it make it acceptable.

Soldato
The fact it exists is a bad thing for the game. Fair enough some may have taken my comment about a whip round as trolling, it was a joke over something costing as much as a house in some parts of the UK. That doesn't mean any and all further questions I ask are automatically trolling. The same thing applies in any social situation.

But it doesn't exist at all in Star Citizen. It is Star Atlas a completely different game and nothing to do with Star Citizen so why is it bad for the game that it has nothing to do with? You created the back and forth here and acted in bad faith from your initial comment of the $30k ship and ignoring the response.

You then got on your high horse telling people to just go buy a ship for thousands and shut up basically. There is no faith in your response or attitude when you decided to compare it to a Crypto scam cause there is literally nothing comparable to those. So have no problem justifying that you have come to disrupt and cause anguish to others by trolling a thread you have no real interest in.

Soldato
But it doesn't exist at all in Star Citizen. It is Star Atlas a completely different game and nothing to do with Star Citizen so why is it bad for the game that it has nothing to do with? You created the back and forth here and acted in bad faith from your initial comment of the $30k ship and ignoring the response.

You then got on your high horse telling people to just go buy a ship for thousands and shut up basically. There is no faith in your response or attitude when you decided to compare it to a Crypto scam cause there is literally nothing comparable to those. So have no problem justifying that you have come to disrupt and cause anguish to others by trolling a thread you have no real interest in.

I didn't tell anyone to shut up, you're putting words in my mouth and/or reading into things. 30k for an NFT ship you may as well call it what it is, a scam. But you're free to disagree and that's OK. Trying to argue and tell me otherwise isn't.

I acted accordingly to some of you. Nobody is "right" here, internet points aren't real.

We cool to move on?

edit: I told Uncle Petey to go buy a ship, I didn't tell all of you. If I say that to one am I saying it to all of you? I mean, you guys aren't actually a cult right? *Jokes*

Soldato

There is a reason why i have him on ignore lol.

Soldato
I didn't tell anyone to shut up, you're putting words in my mouth and/or reading into things. 30k for an NFT ship you may as well call it what it is, a scam. But you're free to disagree and that's OK. Trying to argue and tell me otherwise isn't.

I acted accordingly to some of you. Nobody is "right" here, internet points aren't real.

We cool to move on?

edit: I told Uncle Petey to go buy a ship, I didn't tell all of you. If I say that to one am I saying it to all of you? I mean, you guys aren't actually a cult right? *Jokes*

Again are you missing that a 30K NFT is not STAR CITIZEN! Nothing to do with that project so thus is not a scam from STAR CITIZEN. Facts are correct which you haven't done. You have not acted in anything but misrepresent and lie directly about something, even in this post!

Telling someone to buy a ship and dismiss them and their response and being called out for being a douche about it is what my reply too because you are doing exactly that. Will just put on ignore cause you full of **** tbh and just baiting people to make an argument. Have a great time.

Soldato
there's a reason new servers in old MMOs were always popular.

no one wants to be miles behind everyone else, if your not playing on an even playing field then there's little point.

bringing real life arguments into gaming? serious?

MMOs are usually based on RPG/level type of gameplay - and many SP games use the same silly system - Fallout, Witcher, The Elder Scrolls, Gothic, The Division, Cyberpunk, etc. Having an artificial system with levels and stupid "perks", skills, no real economy, no real world reaction to player actions, of course is difficult to pair up players of different "levels". There's nothing organic, natural in that.

SC is more like ArmA or War Thunder vs. World of Tanks. It should be fun doing different jobs, not necessarily as means to an end, but because is fun doing it. You should be able to enjoy flying your "low level" ship, managing different systems, exploring the planets and worlds, enjoying combat, sneaking around, using survival gameplay for harsh environments, moving away from the standard, old and boring gamplay mechanics that are part of (almost), every game - including the "classics".

I'm not sure how well everything will turn out to be, but in theory, you should damaged a ship's engine and weapons, get rid of the crew (NPCs or human) and take it as is yours. Easy way to "upgrade", if getting "the best stuff" ASAP is your coup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom