******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
If you go to status on SQ42 it says on the main website.

This week, on our monthly Squadron 42 special, we’ll get a development update and learn about how the Gameplay Story Animation team fleshes out the game’s world, where storytelling and interaction collide.

The vid on the page is from 2018, how is that monthly :confused:

Soldato
Quick run down on how this works, if you buy this that gives you full access to the game, with it you can earn the in-game currency, with it you can buy from a large collection of FPS weapons, armour, ship components and weaponry and ships, and its not made deliberately long to earn enough.

If you play the mission loops for 6 hours a week in 10 weeks you would earn enough in-game currency to buy one of these, if you know what you're doing you could do it in half that time.

To hammer the point home in 6 moths i have bought with in-game currency:

This - This - This - This - and i have enough in-game currency saved up to buy This and This and get plenty of change.
Guess what i'm buying when 3.17 goes live...
pap.....pap....pap...pap..pap.pappappappappappappap.....

Ha nice!

Caporegime
Pretty impressive that someone was able to run SC on there steam deck

I have been watching Gaming on Linux, he has one and is obsessed with it.... the Steam Deck is a remarkable machine, it has a custom APU in it from AMD, 4 to 15 watts and there isn't really anything it can't do, the performance of it for such a tiny little thing is impressive.

Soldato
I have been watching Gaming on Linux, he has one and is obsessed with it.... the Steam Deck is a remarkable machine, it has a custom APU in it from AMD, 4 to 15 watts and there isn't really anything it can't do, the performance of it for such a tiny little thing is impressive.
Yup it really is quite remarkable.

Basically it's amd answer to the apple m1 chips.

Have you seen this video about quanta?

Soldato
No, he thinks you're trolling because that's exactly what you're doing and it isn't as subtle as you think it is.

Asking if they added NFTs to SC certainly isn't trolling but if you're so sure if is by all means use the RTM since I'd be breaking the rules around here.

You guys are something else so imma peace out of here, enjoy your game.

Soldato
Asking if they added NFTs to SC certainly isn't trolling but if you're so sure if is by all means use the RTM since I'd be breaking the rules around here.
In isolation, no, it might not be. However...

You asked this:
30k for a ship? LMAO
Maybe you guys could chip in together
and got this answer:
30k for what ship?

That isn't Star Citizen, that is Star Atlas a completely different project in UE5 with NFTs.
Which you then ignored.
So either you're trolling, or he's right, you can't read.

Given that you've already stated your position regarding your opinion on SC and the people who play it multiple times and have balatantly done this to try and get a reaction that lets you get to play the "You guys are so sensitive" card, yeah, you're trolling and have no problem with reading.

By all means play the innocent though.

Caporegime
but why are they limited number, because otherwise they would have no value :cry:

more money than sense

The same argument is made about Star Citizen, to a limited extent there is some truth to it, not all of them are on sale all the time, they have events several times a year in which they are on sale, that does create artificial limited availability.

However, you can't easily trade them, you can but you have to know how and where, its outside the orbit of CIG, it has risks and its not easy, CIG's attitude to it is they don't condone it but also admit they can't stop it, they could, they could take away your ability to gift ships.

Having said that this is one of the ships that is only on sale during ship sales, its $250, in 3.17 it will be avalable to buy in game with in game currency and in 6 moths of playing SC i have earned enough in game currency to buy that ship 5X over, i'll be buying just one, and it wont have cost me a single $

This also negates the "But Ships are so expensive" argument, you don't have to buy them with real money, so don't, all you need is a $45 package, once you have that you can start earning and saving towards whatever ship takes your fancy, thousands of $ worth, completely free.

Caporegime
No one cares what ships you have, its not relevant to them, in Star Citizen a ship is a tool, like a car, do you care how many cars other people have and what they are?
there's a reason new servers in old MMOs were always popular.

no one wants to be miles behind everyone else, if your not playing on an even playing field then there's little point.

bringing real life arguments into gaming? serious?

Caporegime
there's a reason new servers in old MMOs were always popular.

no one wants to be miles behind everyone else, if your not playing on an even playing field then there's little point.

bringing real life arguments into gaming? serious?

If i'm hauling cargo on my own in my $260 MSR my worry isn't someone in a bigger more expensive ship, i'm worried about nOOb's in $35 Aurora LN's because my 60m X 45m barge can't turn well enough to defend its self.

Here is a fun video of a group of us using a huge luxury yacht to transport $15 snub fighters to kick the snot out of fighters 10X more expensive, the game is quite cleverly designed so that no one really has a bigger penis than anyone else and it does work well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom