• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Also consider the nice boost on RTX 3080 ti price and how much they're going for from scalpers.

I've been seeing the 3080Ti FE available for sale every time I've looked over the last few weeks. No one's buying it as it's just way too much for what it is now. nvidia pre-scalped too hard on that one.

Soldato
OP
You seriously believe 4080 is going to retail for less than £999, never mind £649? I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, mind you.

This conversation comes up every single time there's a new generation. People hear that the new x80 card will exceed the current x80ti/x90 performance and then can't accept that the price will equal the current x80 price.

The 4080 will retail for around £650 give or take 10%.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This conversation come up every single time there's a new generation. People here that the new x80 card will exceed the current x90 performance and then can't accept that the price will not equal the current x80 performance.

The 4080 will retail for around £650 give or take 10%.
I am concerned if our pound keeps going down the toilet it might be more than that. I doubt Nvidia will take less profits in the UK to make it cheaper for us than the US, so we will get shafted hard. Say it is released at $749 then that will probably mean £749 at the very best with the way things look now.

Soldato
Let me think about it for a second .. Yes, I really do. RTX 2080 FE was £749 at launch and there was no component shortage or rampant scalping at the time. Our host said he thinks RTX 3080 was underpriced.

Also consider the nice boost on RTX 3080 ti price and how much they're going for from scalpers. Until there's enough supply that those fine.. gentlemen won't be able to buy all available items it's not going to go back to normal. Which is more or less what's going on for 3080 right now, you can buy end of life card for 2 year old launch price, yippee..
We don't have the perfect storm we had last time , peak covid , lockdown more people at home , mining boom

More people have cards now just to upgrade again so soon ? Also miners selling up look at the auction site I see plenty used cards being sold , when 1 seller is selling multiple cards you can work it out what they were used for , I just don't see the same demand

Not sure we will get the same again , also Nvidia now have AMD competing they didn't when 2080ti was released

Anyway we shall see what happens be good to look back how we predicted stuff

Associate
I said before (somewhere...) I think that there will be pretty much a £50 amount on each level of GPU on MSRP. I also don't think that will be an achievable price long term, but will need to happen with a reason given relating to sourcing materials etc. whilst somehow not touching margin.

We shall see.

Soldato
I just sent my Palit 3080 back as managed to get an FE yesterday for £100 cheaper

The founder suits my terrible airflow case more as the Palit was dumping heat into my case and seems that was the reason for my crashes. The FE exhausts heat properly..

I could have of course improved my cooling but I've saved £100 managing to scoop the FE, and tbh it's the better product.

Associate
i've seen 3090 FEs going for £620 on ebay...bought from UK shipping from China!! Not dodgy at all! prices do seem to be coming down very quickly though. Glad I got a 3080FE and not some £100 monster

Scams or fake items. People will never learn. Do you know that you cannot return an item from an international seller from China, neither can you leave negative feedback on the international purchase.

Associate
I just sent my Palit 3080 back as managed to get an FE yesterday for £100 cheaper

The founder suits my terrible airflow case more as the Palit was dumping heat into my case and seems that was the reason for my crashes. The FE exhausts heat properly..

I could have of course improved my cooling but I've saved £100 managing to scoop the FE, and tbh it's the better product.
Perfect example on why switching is worth it.

Soldato
The 30 series FE cards do exhaust heat better, but undervolting is essential I've found to reduce the head further. MSI Afterburner 'forgot' my 3090's undervolt settings, and the card was going full blast in VR, dumping heat into the case and raising the CPU temp from about 72 degrees to 84!

Sorted it now but it made me think something had gone seriously wrong at the time as normally I can hardly hear the card, but the fans were going full speed and quite loud.

Soldato
Just looking on Nvidia's website, and every FE model is showing as available to buy except the 3090.
Me thinks they have been drip feeding to us, and now just need to shift stock before the 40's release.

None of the AIBs probably want anymore chips. So now they have to actually sell at MSRP instead of gouging via partners who don't have to stick to MSRP.

Back
Top Bottom