What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I watched Night Teeth last night, I wasn't expecting much from reviews but I quite enjoyed it. I do love me some good vampire stuff though so that probably raises the score over the average person. I thought the cast was good but the ending was a bit too predictable 7/10
I watched this the other night too, I quite enjoyed it as well I'd score it about same

Caporegime
Birds of prey and the yadayadayad - 7/10

Was really enjoying this but the final act kind of got boring. It really shows just how bad the first Suicide Squad was because I've loved Robbie's Harley Quinn in both the films since.

Soldato
Birds of prey and the yadayadayad - 7/10

Was really enjoying this but the final act kind of got boring. It really shows just how bad the first Suicide Squad was because I've loved Robbie's Harley Quinn in both the films since.
I think it could have been quite enjoyable if they didn't hammer home the 'all men bad' angle at every opportunity. I'm not a frother who cries woke all the time (it's frankly a lazy weak word for anyone easily triggered and inarticulate) but this movie really had an anti-male agenda. I get it, considering the title and theme but there isn't a single redeemable male character in the entire film and it's very noticeable.

Also, why does she hate knee's so much :D

Soldato
Latest Jurassic Park film.

I watched the first one when it first came out, and was blown away. Then 2 came out, and I was only half interested, even at 14 years old. Then 3 came out and I skipped it, along with all the others up to now.

I watched the latest one on Monday night, and remembered why I've been skipping them. Dross. 3/5 is a generous score for me, because the effects were fairly good for the most part.

Associate
The Irishman , good solid 8/10 but where some long movies fly past this felt like the full 210 mins.
Classic Pesci , Pacino and De Niro (although definatley showing there age now).

Caporegime
RRR

Apparently the most expensive Indian film ever made, it's a spectacularly over the top action movie but entirely sincere in its telling. The CGI is a bit shonky at times but otherwise it's an incredible spectacle clearly made with a cast of thousands: a true epic. The story is set against the background of the British Empire and the Brits are hilariously villainous in it. I suspect it'll be a complete marmite movie for people used to Western cinema but I loved it. Everything about it is so exaggerated and bombastic, it's much more of a show than we're used to, there's even an interval (it's 3 hours long) and a musical number in the middle. Parts of the story are told through the lyrics of the music, and instead of a conventional end credits, it concludes with a big dance number in which the director of the movie also appears. The story itself is solid enough, a nice tale of oppression, friendship, and betrayal with a nicely told twist, but it's all delivered with extreme clarity and without subtlety.

I think you'll either love it or hate it, so like 3/10 or 13/10 depending on whether it is to you tastes.

One weird thing about it: the film is originally in Telugu, but Netflix has the version dubbed into Hindi so none of it lip syncs correctly. I don't know why they didn't license the original language version or at least offer it as an Audio option. Another oddity is that parts of it are in English but the spoken English and the subtitles for that English are different.

Soldato
Haven't seen it, but I'm grateful to it for the laugh it gave me - Sony saw all the memes and thought they could cash in and re-released it, only for it to flop twice in the same summer. :cry:
That has to be one of the most hilarious things of how bad Sony really is in reading what people want in films and marketing. Everything wrong with Sony Entertainment summed up in one film. lol

Soldato
Finished The Collector before work this morning, it's rated so low on IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes but I enjoyed it.

Both The Collector and the sequel The Collection are cracking horror movies.

Additionally, horror is almost always unfairly rated low on IMDB - much better to check horror specific websites for recommendations.

Soldato
Hustle on Netflix. 5/10.

Decent performance from Sandler but the cheese moments where just awful.

The street court battles were just absolutely terrible!

These "Hollywood" movies really need to come up with some new recipes for movies instead of ramming as many of these generic movie plots down our necks as possible

Soldato
Just finished watching Last seen Alive, and it’s OK, 6.5-7/10.. had a story that kept me there throughout.. some of these lesser movies can have me reaching for the phone for some distraction part way through, but this one was actually OK!

Associate
The Batman - Was looking forward to watching this and I have to say it didn't disappoint. Thought Robert Pattinson did a good job and I liked the more raw Batman. Hoping to see him play the character again.

Back
Top Bottom