What film did you watch last night?

Don
Dr Strange 2: Multiverse of Madness - 7/10
Enjoyed this more than I was expecting, the horror theme was refreshing for Marvel and it was a fairly gripping and twisty ride throughout.

And some brutal deaths! :eek: :cool:

Soldato
I only got halfway through Heat and walked out of the cinema (well, it was a staff showing, so would have been close to 2am and my bed was more appealing to me than the movie.) Maybe I'll give it another go, but I recall it just being such a slow movie...
Please go back to it and give it another try, it's a fantastic film, excellent consistent writing, stellar performances, action that puts many modern movies to shame and a great soundtrack - I would say try and do it in one if you can, yes it's 3 hours but it will fly by.

I can understand why you'd find it slow late at night but it's really not, it's well paced and culminates to a mid point of one of the best action scenes ever put onto film before a very tense build to the end.

I can't say enough good things about the movie - it'd be sitting firmly in any top 10 list I made of best movies without hesitation - i've probably watched it at least once every 2/3 years since it came out.

Associate
Everything Everywhere All At Once - 9/10
Insanity caught on film. From the people who brought you Swiss Army Man, which, if you enjoyed that, you'll know what to expect, and if you haven't seen that then strap the hell in. Bonkers.

Soldato
That bad :(

Saw it was an Alex Garland and thought it would be good.
I liked ex machina and 28 weeks later, so not averse to his directing style, but it was a complete and total mess of a film. A real disappointment considering the quality of the lead actors and the film’s potential.

Soldato
I liked ex machina and 28 weeks later, so not averse to his directing style, but it was a complete and total mess of a film. A real disappointment considering the quality of the lead actors and the film’s potential.
Afaik, he only directed Ex Machina and Annihilation and a writing credit for 28 Days Later - he also ghost directed Dredd but couldn't be credited due to weird Hollywood guild requirements.

A google shows he also did Devs which is a brilliant series.

I've not seen anything about Men but typically if Garlands name is attached to anything, I want to see it. Shame this doesn't sound great :(

Soldato
Afaik, he only directed Ex Machina and Annihilation and a writing credit for 28 Days Later - he also ghost directed Dredd but couldn't be credited due to weird Hollywood guild requirements.

A google shows he also did Devs which is a brilliant series.

I've not seen anything about Men but typically if Garlands name is attached to anything, I want to see it. Shame this doesn't sound great :(
Sorry, my mistake, he contributed screenwriting to 28 weeks later, didn't direct.

I think if you're a big fan of his work then it's worth judging on its own merit rather than just listening to me, but in my view it was muddled and drawn out in a lot of places. Your mileage may hopefully vary!!

Permabanned
Both good films. Ex Machina is one of those films you only watch once though.
28 Months Later needs to hurry up!

MV5BMDNlYzgxODctZmI0Zi00NDk4LTg0NzQtYjVkZDVjZjBkMjg3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTEwNDY2MjU@._V1_.jpg

Soldato
Watched Revenge of the Sith (Ep III) as I was advised to watch it again before starting on Obe Won. It's a pretty basic film, with a pretty basic script and storyline, but of course, does a good job of bringing things together for ROTJ.

Back
Top Bottom