What film did you watch last night?

Top Gun 2 - 8/10 - This was "Fan Service" done right and the Fans have rewarded the creators with a box-office hit! Well produced, amazing aerial scenes, so-so story TBF but a wonderful send-off for the OG-cast. I've seen it twice (IMAX and non-IMAX) and the IMAX really does add to the "flying down a valley" scenes amazingly well.

So far this, and Dune, have been the best two films I've seen in the cinema since before COVID.

Just finished Hustle on Netflix... Really enjoyed it, definitely recommended.
Great film. Since I moved to Spain I'm a sucker for any English film with even a hint of Spain/ish in it!

Got real Jerry McGuire vibes at various parts of the film. I know it's cool to hate on Adam Sandler, but the movies he's done on Netflix have been good in my opinion. I really loved uncut diamonds but Hustle is probably a step above that.

8/10

rp2000

I watched Night Teeth last night, I wasn't expecting much from reviews but I quite enjoyed it. I do love me some good vampire stuff though so that probably raises the score over the average person. I thought the cast was good but the ending was a bit too predictable 7/10

The Suicide Squad - 8.5/10

Took ages to get round to watching this, guess still PTSD from the first attempt and general DC crap films. Very good though, classic James Gunn styling really.

Top Gun: Maverick - 8/10

Great film. We only watched the first one a few weeks ago in preparation.

We thought the side story/romance was a bit flat and annoying.

Hustle on netflix, for a netflix film it was good, bit of rocky meets the blind side, however i did cringe a bit at the montage but other than that it held my attention which is pretty rare these days! Adam Sandler does well when he's not playing Adam Sandler!

I watched Night Teeth last night, I wasn't expecting much from reviews but I quite enjoyed it. I do love me some good vampire stuff though so that probably raises the score over the average person. I thought the cast was good but the ending was a bit too predictable 7/10
I watched this the other night too, I quite enjoyed it as well I'd score it about same

Birds of prey and the yadayadayad - 7/10

Was really enjoying this but the final act kind of got boring. It really shows just how bad the first Suicide Squad was because I've loved Robbie's Harley Quinn in both the films since.

Back
Top Bottom