World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Caporegime
Same here. Says arriving soon. Maybe tomorrow or Monday.
3rd one?

image.png

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah it went to a friend of a friend, couldn't get on with it. Need the 42in that's supposedly coming.
It was hard for me also at the start going down a res, but at this point I don’t even remember what 4K looks like vividly anymore. 42” one would be awesome.

Looks like my 2nd one should be here on Monday. If no OcUK takers on the unofficial discord it will go straight on to eBay :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Why are you people scalping
It ain’t a business mate. I only ordered one extra and will be selling it at rrp anyways. All I gain on is the discount codes I managed to use. That then lowers the price of my original purchase. Would hardly call it scalping. But each to their own.

Did you buy one of these yet? You seem to hang out a lot in this thread for someone not interested in this monitor? :p

Associate
Same ^_^

Typical Dell... One minute; "We're delaying your order a month".... next minute "We've shipped it."
Mine was scheduled (since March) for July 15th and... apparently, they shipped it yesterday, or so the invoice claim that I got today (though didn't get UPS info yet).

Associate
As others have posted, this monitor can get very bright!

I find that mine is bright enough for daily use at 54% brightness & 66% contrast even in a well lit room, for gaming I bump it up a little to 75/75%, but I have a couple of hue play bars set up behind it for bias lighting
Thanks for the replay. The brightness setting of my XB71HU is 85. The Brightness setting of AW3423DW is 100. When I received AW3423DW, my XB271HU is actually a little brighter than the AW3423DW.
I have been using XB71HU with the same settings for almost 6 years. My eyes never felt painful before.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Thanks for the replay. The brightness setting of my XB71HU is 85. The Brightness setting of AW3423DW is 100. When I received AW3423DW, my XB271HU is actually a little brighter than the AW3423DW.
I have been using XB71HU with the same settings for almost 6 years. My eyes never felt painful before.
That’s too bright for 24/7 desktop use. No wonder your eyes hurt. What about your contrast?

I believe the default values for brightness and contrast are 75 on both. That is the most I would use.

Personally you should go watch Vincent’s video and copy his settings. Will be more colour accurate and will be your eyes a major favor.

Soldato

You have to take into consideration that the blacks on this monitor are perfect, so the contrast is much higher. When i'm playing dark games like deep rock galactic, the highlights even at just 75% are like lasers melting my eyes in comparison :p

Soldato
OP

That's really bright. But I understand everyone has their own light setup. My room is kept relatively dim anyway and my current 1440p screen has a max brightness of 300nits, and on day to day basis I have brightness set to 40, I've had it that way for ages and I still find at night pure white screen too bright, 40 for is 120nits

Back
Top Bottom