World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
This isn't normal.

I have asked Dell to kick off the warranty replacement process - hopefully they send me a new panel and exchange it for this one vs. me having to send it all back.
Dell have agreed to the warranty replacement. They will send me a panel and then take the old one the next day.

Bizarrely, after two days of the loud fan issue, it seems to have stopped as of this morning. Been using the monitor for a few hours and nothing yet... I'll give it a few days.

Associate
Ordered this monitor via PayPal credit 23/03 with 28/07 delivery date. Just noticed the pending payment has disappeared, and PayPal said it has expired at the end of the 3rd month, due to Dell.
Waiting on a reply from Dell.
Does anyone have experience with a preorder on credit that has expired after 3 months. I am thinking I may have to reorder and wait another 4 months?

Associate
Ordered this monitor via PayPal credit 23/03 with 28/07 delivery date. Just noticed the pending payment has disappeared, and PayPal said it has expired at the end of the 3rd month, due to Dell.
Does anyone have experience with a preorder on credit that has expired after 3 months. I am thinking I may have to reorder and wait another 4 months?
That doesn't sound good, have Dell cancelled the order?

Soldato

Dell will charge after delivery, this is normal.

They pre-clear it, but if it's back ordered it will drop off.

Mine did this, when it arrived they took it again.

Associate

Thanks, that's reassuring.
Mine has dropped off the balance a few times then reappeared, but the pending was always there. This time it dropped off the balance and the pending list. Fingers crossed.

Soldato
OP

I decided to order this monitor to try it out.
Dell took money as soon as I placed the order, then it dropped off for 2 days and then they took the money again - that was a few days ago, order says ETA 1October

Associate
Mine was pending in my bank for 3 days and then came off pending. But email with order on the site still says 2/5 or confirmed with order due 19th of October.

No money has left the account and I assume that it won’t until production on the monitor starts.

Soldato
I ordered one of these on the 22nd of March and got it on Wednesday. I've now had a chance to set it up and...it doesn't work. It just cycles between colours, which sounds an awful lot like what these guys experienced: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...3423dw_entire_screen_flashing_red_green_blue/

I've managed to contact Dell and they're going to send out a replacement, but who knows how long that'll take. Even better, whilst on the phone with Dell, I noticed the monitor had a manufacturing date of April. That strikes me as rather odd given how much these are back-ordered. I'm now suspecting I was sent a refurb :rolleyes:

Soldato
I ordered one of these on the 22nd of March and got it on Wednesday. I've now had a chance to set it up and...it doesn't work. It just cycles between colours, which sounds an awful lot like what these guys experienced: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...3423dw_entire_screen_flashing_red_green_blue/

I've managed to contact Dell and they're going to send out a replacement, but who knows how long that'll take. Even better, whilst on the phone with Dell, I noticed the monitor had a manufacturing date of April. That strikes me as rather odd given how much these are back-ordered. I'm now suspecting I was sent a refurb :rolleyes:

Honestly that is about right date wise. I got mine end of May and it had a date of Feb or something. So a couple of months to go from made to shipped to you with covid and stuff still about isn't too bad.

I don't think it's likely you were sent a refurb.

Does sound broken though, colour cycle mode is the colour debug mode.

Soldato
Honestly that is about right date wise. I got mine end of May and it had a date of Feb or something. So a couple of months to go from made to shipped to you with covid and stuff still about isn't too bad.

I don't think it's likely you were sent a refurb.
Fair enough, thanks for at least putting me at ease on that front. I guess that means the whole "in production" part of Dell's order status page is just a lie, though.
Does sound broken though, colour cycle mode is the colour debug mode.
Yeah, there's absolutely nothing I was able to do to with it. I tried 2 different input types and 2 different PCs, same result. Dell support weren't particularly useful by asking me to factory reset it after I explained it wouldn't show anything other than the colours on the screen.

Edit: Dell support are claiming they'll be sending me a replacement in a few days before collecting the old one (not sure why, it's a paperweight). I'm not sure how true that will be. Unfortunately I don't see to be able to check as the support ticket isn't linked to my account.

Associate

Also received mine this week with an April manufacture date. That is entirely reasonable as it is made in China and will take around 4 weeks to reach the UK. In production is misleading and seems to mean they are processing the order in the warehouse.

Soldato
Fair enough, thanks for at least putting me at ease on that front. I guess that means the whole "in production" part of Dell's order status page is just a lie, though.

Yeah, there's absolutely nothing I was able to do to with it. I tried 2 different input types and 2 different PCs, same result. Dell support weren't particularly useful by asking me to factory reset it after I explained it wouldn't show anything other than the colours on the screen.

Edit: Dell support are claiming they'll be sending me a replacement in a few days before collecting the old one (not sure why, it's a paperweight). I'm not sure how true that will be. Unfortunately I don't see to be able to check as the support ticket isn't linked to my account.

No problem, you're very lucky to get a replacement so soon but maybe they prioritised it because yours doesn't work at all.

I'm pending one until like September or something, but it's just a couple of minor things like a dead pixel, so not a big deal to wait.

They will default to advanced RMA so usually they'll get you the new one, and I guess a different courier will pick it up a little afterwards, probably just standard practice they follow.

Associate
Dell have agreed to the warranty replacement. They will send me a panel and then take the old one the next day.

Bizarrely, after two days of the loud fan issue, it seems to have stopped as of this morning. Been using the monitor for a few hours and nothing yet... I'll give it a few days.
The noise still hasn't come back.

Doesn't seem like many people had the same fan issue as me but if you do get it on a new unit, try giving it a few unbearable days.

Back
Top Bottom