• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Used cards are becoming more available but it's hardly a flood at bargain basement pricing for warranty-less cards.

Here it is. This is the real state of play today.

We have been hearing this flood nonsense since before xmas, now we have nudged along week by week the real driver of the markets has been insane electric prices stepping up and the stock markets doing the exact opposite. Yet we still are not drowning in all these surplus graphics cards as it was a bandwagon parroted by people who build computers and play video games! They have no clue about what crypto is and now we have cards in stock everywhere - nobody wants to buy them!

What has turned from a component shortage and expensive parts, is now the same product in abundance. The brands were playing you all and the retailers/partners milking it for what they could.

Soldato
Associate
So what we are saying is we will never get a good price on GPU's again. Back in 2016 I bought my rx 480 8gb for £200 here at OCuk. For the equivalent card now it's about £380. Let's not forget things do go up and we have had a few things that also change prices. For example the pound is much weaker than it was back then so things will naturally cost more as they are priced normally against the US dollar. So if we took all that into consideration you could probably add 25% onto the price I paid back then for an equivalent now if pricing was near normal. So really, I think a current 6600xt should be nearer £250-280. That's just my logic. Cars are similar. New cars are more expensive than they used to be but some of that is down to the £ being weak.

Associate
Of course I'd love to see a card like the 6600xt and 3060ti return to around 200-240 respectively but I don't think we will ever get there again. I wish they would as I would like to replace my 6 year old card. Saying that what I have is 5 years 6 months as I didn't buy on release.
Even so I must say it's still doing a credible job allowing me to play F1 2020 at max settings at 1440p paired with AMD 3700x.

Associate
yeah I saw that

That's really not a good sign for consumers, because if true that is Nvidia calculating its better for them to sell less volume whilst maintaining super high price.

This is why market economies don't always work when you've got a major actor pulling the strings, its not about supply and demand when someone intentionally chokes supply.

Not surprised, just continually disappointed tbh

Associate
Of course I'd love to see a card like the 6600xt and 3060ti return to around 200-240 respectively but I don't think we will ever get there again. I wish they would as I would like to replace my 6 year old card. Saying that what I have is 5 years 6 months as I didn't buy on release.
Even so I must say it's still doing a credible job allowing me to play F1 2020 at max settings at 1440p paired with AMD 3700x.
Overclockers have had some much better prices on the 2060 the past week, eg this was slightly cheaper at the weekend, https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1eu-gi.html

Associate
Again that's for a card, a generation older only getting close to where I believe a ti/super should have the current generation. Especially when we are about 3 months from the next gen.

Associate
The whole global market for tech has slowed down so much Nvidia, AMD, Apple, have all cut or tried to cut order's for there tech. People are not so willing to invest in high cost tech with the current global economy slowing down with high inflation across the markets.
I can see some just siting back to see where the global economy goes before investment not only in computer tech, but the new high end TV and phone markets. Global energy prices will also cause some pain, with prices going even higher later in the year.

With fuel prices and food prices also at a high some will look for cheaper upgrades on the 2nd hand market to offer upgrades over what they use now. I can see very lean times for all tech over the next 12 to 18 months also affecting retail. There will always be some who
dont care price and can afford what ever they want but that alone wont stop most checking the bank balance before investment.

Associate
The whole global market for tech has slowed down so much Nvidia, AMD, Apple, have all cut or tried to cut order's for there tech. People are not so willing to invest in high cost tech with the current global economy slowing down with high inflation across the markets.
I can see some just siting back to see where the global economy goes before investment not only in computer tech, but the new high end TV and phone markets. Global energy prices will also cause some pain, with prices going even higher later in the year.

With fuel prices and food prices also at a high some will look for cheaper upgrades on the 2nd hand market to offer upgrades over what they use now. I can see very lean times for all tech over the next 12 to 18 months also affecting retail. There will always be some who
dont care price and can afford what ever they want but that alone wont stop most checking the bank balance before investment.

This is very clever.
PC games are harldy rushing out and when they do get released they are very poorly optimised compared to consoles. PC VR looks to be dying.
Sensible to keep current gen cards and dont panic sell.
When I refer to crypto miners and UK gpu sales/availability it means the local region. Same goes for posting on OcUK. Its a UK based thing. So nobody cares if loads of cards are on sale in Indonesia as you wont be buying them. I am talking about UK cards selling to UK people. I see no evidence of a flood. It was all overhyped, not as many UK miners as people thought there were.

There is not a flood, just prices have come down.

Soldato
Proof that they artificially create low supply to increase price's

Soldato
There's a single ex-miner on ebay currently selling (some sold with feedback trickling in and I'm pretty some have been sold outside of ebay as the numbers have reduced since I last looked):

50 x MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X
38 x RTX 3080 Founders Edition
21 x MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X
17 x MSI RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio
16 x EVGA R3080 FTW3 LHR
15 x RTX 3090 Founders Edition
12 x MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Z
10 x Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Gaming OC
8 x MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X LHR
6 x Inno3d RTX 3080 Ti
5 x MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3X OC
3 x Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC
3 x Gigabyte RTX 3080 Master Aorus
1 x EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA LHR

On top of this they are selling 15 x complete mining rigs containing 6 x 3080 cards each.

Last edited:
Associate
If you would have sold the super a few months ago the switch would have probably worked out well especially if you bag a 3080 FE. Might not get so much for it now, so I would wait for Ada and switch then.
This. No real point now but there was 6 months ago. I went from a 3700x and vanilla 2080 to a 5900x and a 3080FE for a net spend of 314 quid. That's not possible at all now.

Associate
There's a single ex-miner on ebay currently selling (some sold with feedback trickling in and I'm pretty some have been sold outside of ebay as the numbers have reduced since I last looked):

50 x MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X
38 x RTX 3080 Founders Edition
21 x MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X
17 x MSI RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio
16 x EVGA R3080 FTW3 LHR
15 x RTX 3090 Founders Edition
12 x MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Z
10 x Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Gaming OC
8 x MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X LHR
6 x Inno3d RTX 3080 Ti
5 x MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3X OC
3 x Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC
3 x Gigabyte RTX 3080 Master Aorus
1 x EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA LHR

On top of this they are selling 15 x complete mining rigs containing 6 x 3080 cards each.

This is very sad to see.

How exactly did one person get so many GPUs when people were on waiting lists for months? Some shops had a one card per house hold policy as well.

Caporegime
So what we are saying is we will never get a good price on GPU's again. Back in 2016 I bought my rx 480 8gb for £200 here at OCuk. For the equivalent card now it's about £380. Let's not forget things do go up and we have had a few things that also change prices. For example the pound is much weaker than it was back then so things will naturally cost more as they are priced normally against the US dollar. So if we took all that into consideration you could probably add 25% onto the price I paid back then for an equivalent now if pricing was near normal. So really, I think a current 6600xt should be nearer £250-280. That's just my logic. Cars are similar. New cars are more expensive than they used to be but some of that is down to the £ being weak.
and how much is the card in somewhere like India or Russia...

same with game prices it only seem to be "strong currencies" that game this but weaker vs dollar crap excuse

Back
Top Bottom