What "man jobs" have you done today?

Don
Thanks and me too. Or having to argue with the bin men as the green bin is now a tad heavy ....

Our green bin was trashed during the pickup the last time it got too heavy (in the autumn last year, when the council suspended green bin collections due to driver shortages). They emptied it but the whole bin split in half when it was lifted into the lorry :eek:

Don
They have moved the normal bin and recycling to a fortnightly cycle (food waste weekly) but as of March this year moved the green bin / garden waste to a paid for service as well

yeah, my green bin has been an additional charge for nearly 10 years now. Cheeky council refused to replace the broken bin too despite they hadn't emptied it for 3 months.

Associate
Leaking toilet, no problem methinks, likely just a dirty seal or something.

After scratching my head wondering how to even get into the toilet (fully integrated cistern, fitted before we moved in) and finally finding a youtube video of the right one (turns out a suction cup and yanking it hard is the answer), turns out its a ripped diaphragm in the fill valve causing overflowing.

No worries, pop to toolstation/screwfix etc and grab a new one. Nope. Plumbing merchants, nope. Well bugger, lets just replace the valve then. Standard thread? Nope! 3/8 rather than 1/2 for whatever reason, and nowhere has stock of 3/8 fitting ones, except a generic fits all one at screwfix. It did not fit all :rolleyes:

Ordered a new Geberit valve for tomorrow, seems they are common standard fits in this toilet so should work

Soldato
Leaking toilet, no problem methinks, likely just a dirty seal or something.

After scratching my head wondering how to even get into the toilet (fully integrated cistern, fitted before we moved in) and finally finding a youtube video of the right one (turns out a suction cup and yanking it hard is the answer), turns out its a ripped diaphragm in the fill valve causing overflowing.

No worries, pop to toolstation/screwfix etc and grab a new one. Nope. Plumbing merchants, nope. Well bugger, lets just replace the valve then. Standard thread? Nope! 3/8 rather than 1/2 for whatever reason, and nowhere has stock of 3/8 fitting ones, except a generic fits all one at screwfix. It did not fit all :rolleyes:
I feel your pain, we had the cistern overflowing in our new house last month. We had been visiting for renovate for a few weeks, must have flushed it 50+ times. One day it didn't shut off and kept filling - the overflow runs into our porch! Literally just hangs a few inches out of the ceiling and pours out :eek:

I shut the supply valve off to the toilet and came back a week later to a puddle - turns out the service valve also didn't shut off entirely, so had to replace both the fill valve and service valve. Looking at it now I see it was a gas valve so no wonder it corroded and failed.

Soldato
Had an isolator installed today, so I can work on my electrics safely. Made a start - for now just have the new consumer unit mounted and whacked the existing circuits into that, so I can remove the old fuse box. Cue 2 weeks of diagrams and chasing walls and swearing :p

Soldato
Our dogs love being outside when it's sunny, but from our front room my wife can't see them when working and it'd be easy for a delivery driver to open the front gate and they make an escape. As much as we think they love us, one of them can't wait to spot an opportunity to leg it!

9siIcdF.png

The front windows look back over the patio, so i put the gate in on the blue line so he's a bit more restricted. Not sure he's overly happy about it as he likes to patrol between the 2 gates!

zxTDoqN.png

Soldato
Watered the garden

IMG-20220708-193318-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom