*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Had a quick go on Portal today, looks great and plays just as well as it ever did! A great port, very pleased it's come to Switch
Agreed, put it on the other night and it's a pretty perfect conversion.

The strangest part is moving from a keyboard/mouse to a gamepad (for me anyway)

Soldato
I wish the Epic Games integration on Switch was better. Due to her age I had to sign up for another account on her behalf. It's just annoying as it wasn't made clear during Epics signup that by me selecting a username, that it will be the accounts name online and can't be changed. So because I expected it to simply be so the adult can have access and she could choose a username after herself, my daughter is stuck being called DaddySpacedeck :cry: .

Fall Guys is still fun but definitely struggles on Switch!

Associate
Looks like the first of the special editions has been announced for the OLED - a Splatoon 3 version. Quite like it personally, the dock is a bit meh but the joycons look good to me, definitely more interesting than a lot of the other specials

Soldato
Purchased Mario Tennis Ace. I hear how this game wasn't great upon first release, But I must say I'm pretty impressed. Graphics look great, gameplay is great for the most part. There seems a degree of games during Doubles matches, where the Ai will just continually hit the ball across court to each other.

Difficulty seems decent too. Me and my partner played Doubles vs two large characters (bowser and plant). I believe we was playing on Pro and we lost 6-4. Due to the size they did keep getting in each others way too.

Id like to have had the ability to play real tennis, can't seem to play 3 or 5 sets. Best seems to be 6 games and 1 set. Can't select CPU v CPU matches.

So much fun just playing doubles though.

Soldato
How are you finding it? Played previous games in the series?

I'm 7 hours in and really enjoying it, am up to doing level 3 quests now. It has quite a fun and addictive gameplay loop. I've only ever played an hour or 2 of Hunter World, which didn't really click with me.

I rarely play docked, but I tried Rise in docked mode out of curiosity. One thing I will say is it's looks pretty bad in docked mode, it's got to be the worst looking titles I've seen on Switch - visibly low res and shimmering around characters. It does however, look wayyyyy better in handheld mode.

For the £20 I paid second hand, there seems a lot of game play here. If I keep getting enjoyment out of it, I can see myself picking up the Sunbreak DLC.

Associate
Quick question for those who know more than me, if I grab a family online membership do you know if I can buy the expansion separately at a later date? Also any idea if that can be a single expansion for just myself or is it still tied to the whole 'family'? Cheers!

Soldato
Anyone with OLED had any issues with the Dock? I just noticed after playing AC that my dock was only connected via wifi, rather than the ethernet currently connected. It has been working via ethernet in previous days, anyone had a similar issue?

Back
Top Bottom