*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Is joycon drift easy to fix? I think I noticed my daughters left joycon doing this while we played tennis. I checked using the built in calibration and the stick sometimes has a mind of it's own.
WD40 contact cleaner. It’s temporary but it works for a few months then redo it. I’ve been using it for years and it suits me. Plenty of YouTube videos on it if you want to have a look. Drift is infuriating but I find it does the job.

Associate
I'd second the official route if you can wait a few days. Was seamless when I did it (for a more serious fault but I get the impression it's the same with drift). I'll definitely use them if and when I do get drift

Soldato
Well they are out of warranty, I purchased the console second hand. Will they still fix them?

Unfortunately, my daughter had a moment of clumsiness, so we had a talk about how they can easily get damaged and she has to be very careful. She's much more careful now, but now this issue started.

I think tomorrow I'll go to Curry's and see if they have any available, buy some new ones and look at whatever route I take for fixing these ones. Or try some methods for fixing myself. Does anyone know if there extended warranty goes as far as exchanging for drift? If so, might have well do that as it is only £12 and lasts 3 years.

Soldato
If you have a receipt of any kind and it's stick drift they will usually repair for free out of warranty.
In fact even if there are other cosmetic issues they will often repair all in one go.

They may even do it for free if it's specifically the drift even if you don't have receipt but not sure.

Soldato
Trying to decide between an oled switch or a steam deck for some gaming without hogging the TV ..any members have both?
This really depends on the types of games that you want to play.

I personally prefer the Switch as having the ability to put it down and pick up where I left off is such a fantastic feature.

I have the OLED model as well and it's just a great bit of kit and I've never docked it.

Soldato
Yeah, it will be cracked soon enough just like Denuvo on the PC.

Switch Emulation isnt the best anyway. I still have problems with most games but I end up buying the physical games for my actual Switch.

Soldato
Did anyone buy Snowrunner on Switch? Perhaps not a game for many, but it's one I really enjoy on PC.
I've looked at a good few videos on it, but just wondering if anyone here has experience of it running on Switch?

I've really been thinking about Steamdeck/Similar lately, primarily for Snowrunner and No Man's Sky. Both things that are on/coming to the Switch. Just a bit concerned about the experience of running these games on a several year old mobile chip.

Soldato
Did anyone buy Snowrunner on Switch? Perhaps not a game for many, but it's one I really enjoy on PC.
I've looked at a good few videos on it, but just wondering if anyone here has experience of it running on Switch?

I've really been thinking about Steamdeck/Similar lately, primarily for Snowrunner and No Man's Sky. Both things that are on/coming to the Switch. Just a bit concerned about the experience of running these games on a several year old mobile chip.

YouTube "SwitchUP"

Soldato
The same for me. I'm not fussed about the docked performance either, just handheld. If it comes out at any sort of reasonable level, then it's a must buy for me.

It doesn't really seem like my type of game normally, but like yourself, if it performs well in handheld I can see myself sinking some good hours into it.

Pop-in is the only thing I feel might let this game down.

Soldato
I’ve sunk many hours into it across PS4 and PC, but having it on the go is incredibly appealing.
Feel like HelloGames have been riding an endless wave of positivity, after the initial doom of launch. Hoping the Switch version doesn’t bring that crashing down.

Back
Top Bottom