BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
I imagine because people that buy M3s over M4s do so for practicality.

People that buy an M4 typically do so because it looks better, and the Icons are part of that.

What was the cost at factory?

£1200.

I like both, if they were the same price I’d have probably got the M3, but it’s a significant premium (over £5k) when I don’t really need the extra practicality.

Looks are subjective, the rear arches of the M3 look great but coupes are generally considered sportier (but I do typically prefer saloons).

I also think the M3 name sounds better - more iconic, but the M4 is actually closer to the great M3’s of old, being a 2 door coupe.

Man of Honour
No they don't, the M4 was more expensive than the M3 of equivalent spec by around £4k.

Used it might be a different story but only the new buyer gets to chose the headlights so only the price new is relevant to this :D
Fair, I haven't looked at new prices of them as I bought AUC. But for what I was spending, M4's were much cheaper.

Man of Honour
Fair, I haven't looked at new prices of them as I bought AUC. But for what I was spending, M4's were much cheaper.

It’s a good 15-20% extra for an equivalent M3, AUC.

Though the F82 M4 was in production for another 12-18 months or so! M3 production ended earlier.

Soldato
So, Anyone know the upper limits of tyre temp Mps4s..... Mine hit 58c in spain.. And its even hotter now and doing the Pyrenees tomorrow.....
Not worried. more I'll have to back off a little if it gets a little silly

Commissario
Read your manual - seriously. There is a section on exactly what you need to do :)
Yeh I keep meaning to, have been out most of this week so haven’t had chance yet.
If they are adaptive led headlights then if you do manual update on connect drive-options-update services when you get abroad it will automatically swap them over and remind you to drive on the left (Thats what BMW concierge told me anyway)

Or if you cant be bothered, the manual says just switch off the adaptive, you dont need stickers as they are "flat" on low beam apparently.

EDIT: This is with the G05 X5. May be different for different cars, best to read your manual.
I have adaptive laser lights, will have a look at that thanks :)

Soldato
So, i've been having a look around a few options to replace the Fiesta ST with. Looked at E92/93's in the 335i guise, but i just don't think it makes sense financially. Been looking around a bit more and thought maybe an F30 330/35d.

Does anyone have any opinions on the F30 in these engines? I had the F30 340i a few years ago which was absolutely incredible and I'd love to have that engine back but looking at other options. Also interested in what MPG people are getting for longer runs such as down the motorway. The power/torque looks plenty but maintaining similar MPG to the Fiesta sounds a great combination.

I also think a 335d would mean absolutely no reason to change the car in the near future; right now I sort of get bored about every 2 years. The 340i was too expensive and I wasn't using it that much. The Fiesta now is a brilliant car; IO can't fault it, but it's at 77k miles and I'd like something a bit quicker.

Also, (and finally) F30 in my opinion is absolute, peak, BMW. The absolute, prettiest car they've ever designed. I couldn't even begin to entertain buying one of the new models. Ugly as ****.

Last edited:
Soldato
Also, (and finally) F30 in my opinion is absolute, peak, BMW. The absolute, prettiest car they've ever designed. I couldn't even begin to entertain buying one of the new models. Ugly as ****.
Oof, controversial.

TBH 335d has power but I don't see it being so interesting that it stops you wanting to change after a while. The handling isn't that great as the x drive means standard non-m sport suspension either, loads of people end up lwoering their cars aftermarket.

Man of Honour
I don’t have one of those cars myself so no idea if it does or not but that’s what lots of owners do to sort the handling
Lots of people do mods to cars, then go on Internet forums and social media and say amazeballs best mod ever. But in reality it means very little.

Man of Honour
Also, (and finally) F30 in my opinion is absolute, peak, BMW

Wow.

I guess we all have different opinions, I think it's probably one of the worst 3 Series. The current model is a better car in every way.

I'd have a 330d over a 335d purely to avoid xDrive, which also removes the M Sport suspension on this model making the 335d the worst handling model in the range.

Caporegime
Wow.

I guess we all have different opinions, I think it's probably one of the worst 3 Series. The current model is a better car in every way.

I'd have a 330d over a 335d purely to avoid xDrive, which also removes the M Sport suspension on this model making the 335d the worst handling model in the range.

No, i think he's the only one with that opinion!

Soldato
Grow up. I’m happy to be corrected but I don’t think the difference between SE and M Sport suspension is a set of lowering springs.
This is why arguing on the internet is stupid. Find where anyone said that was the only difference between M sport and SE suspension. You won’t.

Soldato
So, Anyone know the upper limits of tyre temp Mps4s..... Mine hit 58c in spain.. And its even hotter now and doing the Pyrenees tomorrow.....
Not worried. more I'll have to back off a little if it gets a little silly
Ok so temps got way into 70+ degC
All OK. The pyrenees are fantastic.

Pamplona car parks not so much.
Sharp little kerb took out my sidewall.

Anyone ever used bmw assistance when in Spain.

Need the tyre sorting first thing in the morning as we have a 3 hour drive to catch a ferry home.

Eek.

Cracking 3 weeks in Spain though...

Back
Top Bottom