** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
OP
New quarterly update is out.

Really good update. It covers quite a bit including the shop, seasons, the season pass, etc.

Blizzard said:
Diablo IV will be a full-price game with a Cosmetics Shop and Season Pass—none of which provide any pay-for-power options.
Good to see them say it rather than dancing around it.

Soldato
OP
All sounds great in theory - expanding on mechanics in D3 and also "borrowing" from POA etc

but

when is it going to release.....
We'll likely find out at the Game Awards. Few rumours are saying that there'll be a new trailer for it, as well as the pre purchase going live.

Soldato
Not selling power but selling progress, so that's pay to win still. I'm super shocked how people are reading this blog and thinking it says there's no pay to win, because that isn't what it says.

Associate
Not selling power but selling progress, so that's pay to win still. I'm super shocked how people are reading this blog and thinking it says there's no pay to win, because that isn't what it says.

Well I guess we will find out but I think the bit you are referring too is "just" badly worded - it says Power pass for progress but in brackets says (free) and then goes on to say all player progress will be free and not sold - so rather ambiguous - which I admit is suspect from a company like Blizzard..

Caporegime
It's usually pay 2 progress or enjoy our "grind incentive to spend money"

Soldato
Was just posting quickly as was in middle of something and would have forgot to look later, nice one.....

You lined it up, no way am I missing that shot :D I honestly can't wait now it has couch co-op. Both the wife and I will be playing this on PC. But to also get a PS5 version and play separate accounts only we play together sounds awesome as well.

Back
Top Bottom