The Rise of Lonely Single Straight Men

Soldato
without coming across as an idiot, but can someone explain the joke, as well the jokes been completely missed and classed as niche, so some assistance for the rest of us would be grand!
I'm guessing that it's because his real name isn't Morgan. Should have known better than to be so polite.

Soldato
I'm guessing that it's because his real name isn't Morgan. Should have known better than to be so polite.

Is that guy really posting to this thread or is it some kind of joke.

Soldato
Is that guy really posting to this thread or is it some kind of joke.
I suspect it was posted as a joke, rather than someone showing what they really look like after being asked by another forum member.
At least you were brave enough to post what you looked like Nlel!
Have you plucked up the courage to shave your head yet or waiting for the beard to grow a bit first?

Soldato
I suspect it was posted as a joke, rather than someone showing what they really look like after being asked by another forum member.
At least you were brave enough to post what you looked like Nlel!
Have you plucked up the courage to shave your head yet or waiting for the beard to grow a bit first?
Think I’ll grow the beard first.

Soldato
Ha, you know what this reminds me of, for those who've missed out on some OcUK gold.....
The difference is I know I’m not the most handsome, cutest guy on the planet. Hence why I stated that I believe I’m below average looks wise.

I’ve been given some tips to improve what god has given me and I’m going to put those into action.

Soldato
The difference is I know I’m not the most handsome, cutest guy on the planet. Hence why I stated that I believe I’m below average looks wise.

I’ve been given some tips to improve what god has given me and I’m going to put those into action.
I remember years ago there was a 'Post Yourself' thread. Probably before the 2002 cull I think. Was wondering if I'd ever posted a picture here and found that thread. Not that it'd take much detective work to find one.

There's a pretty useful app 'FaceApp' that lets you test out what you'd look like with different looks. I think a beard would suit you. This is what it comes up with.....

nlel.jpg

It also has a 'bald' option which also looked decent on you too. But that's a paid option, and I don't want the app that much. :p

Soldato
Social media and keeping up with the Jones' wanting to out do your friends and even the IG/FB contacts you have (who are not remotely friends) has a big part to play here.
The other thing is women who can make themselves look a solid 8 out 10 with the right makeup/hair extensions etc, want their perfect 9 or 10 out of 10. Of course the morning face/body of these 8 out of 10s are usually only a 5 or 6. (I know the looks department isn't the main factor for a long term relationship, but ofcourse sex appeal/looks is always the start point)

Men do not have the same luxuries to be able to improve their 5 or 6 scores up to an 8+ score. OK, a few men may wear makeup to do that, but I think most are not willing to do that.

Women seem to have all the sex power and saying it is a "man's world" is clearly wrong when it comes to this topic for sure.

Soldato
One thing every balding man needs to do is shave their head short. When I look back on photos of myself with thin whispy hair it's bloody embarrassing.

Go bald gracefully. Grab some hair clippers. Take the guards off and shave ya head to skin.
Something I did again last night. I'd let it grow out a bit as I think I still mourn the loss of my hair, but kidding yourself that it looks ok doesn't really work.

Soldato
Something I did again last night. I'd let it grow out a bit as I think I still mourn the loss of my hair, but kidding yourself that it looks ok doesn't really work.
Yeah once you accept it, you can embrace the look and be more confident. Soon enough friends etc can't imagine you with hair anyway.

I love my skin head now. Covid lockdown was my initial chance to trial it and I never looked back.

It's funny because you almost look less bald with the skinhead than you do with a head of crap hair highlighting your baldness.

Soldato
One thing every balding man needs to do is shave their head short. When I look back on photos of myself with thin whispy hair it's bloody embarrassing.

Go bald gracefully. Grab some hair clippers. Take the guards off and shave ya head to skin.
I have a bald spot round the crown but its thick everywhere else. A trip to turkey maybe on the cards in a few years i think..

Soldato
I've had that since I was in my 20s, but fortunately it's not grown in the following decades. Funnily enough, the guys that gave me the most abuse at the time have now long overtaken me.

Back
Top Bottom