• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Check Your 4090's 12vhpwr Connectors To Make Sure They are in Pristine Condition

Permabanned
That photo of the cable! I'd be a bit upset if I paid £2 for such a shoddy piece of work and was intending to have no more than 20W running through it. I'd be more than a bit upset if that came with a £2K+ graphics card and would have 450W running through it. It wouldn't be any more insulting if the phrase "LOL SUCKER!" was printed all over the cable.
Reminds me of my first solder job.

Soldato
OP

I just found out that NV will void warranties if they use a "3rd party" solution. Wut???

How does this help the situation? What are people suppose to do if they notice that they cannot use the included adapter? What in the world is going on here?

So, I am to assume that if someone is using a Cablemod cable right now they are out of warranty if they need assistance?

Last edited:
Caporegime

I just found out that NV will void warranties if they use a "3rd party" solution. Wut???

How does this help the situation? What are people suppose to do if they notice that they cannot use the included adapter? What in the world is going on here?

So, I am to assume that if someone is using a Cablemod cable right now they are out of warranty if they need assistance?

Technically wouldn't one of these connectors from a pcie3 spec psu also be considered third party? Just standard bs if anything.

Soldato
OP
Technically wouldn't one of these connectors from a pcie3 spec psu also be considered third party? Just standard bs if anything.
Correct, current PCIe to 12VHPWR connector are "adapters". The only way the cable is not an adapter is if you are using a ATX 3.0 PSU offering Gen5 ports allowing you to connect a 12VHPWR cable to a 12VHPWR connector on the GPU.
look at the bottom of that post.

Last edited:
Soldato

Who gives a crap, Intel and AMD voids your cpu warranty if you overclock or don't use jedec ram and Nvidia voids your warranty if you use aftermarket cables. Neither can be proven, it's legal crap that means nothing

Basically nothing in my pc has any warranty anymore, has that ever stopped me from getting stuff replaced? Never

Last edited:
Caporegime
Correct, current PCIe to 12VHPWR connector are "adapters". The only way the cable is not an adapter is if you are using a ATX 3.0 PSU offering Gen5 ports allowing you to connect a 12VHPWR cable to a 12VHPWR connector on the GPU.
look at the bottom of that post.

Meant atx 3.0 :o

Technically that would be considered third party since its not the nvidia adapter. At least according to their legal spiel which isnt worth the paper its printed on.

Caporegime
must be a conspiracy theory

there are sites foer reddit that will show you the deleted posts from a sub btw

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely people did weeks of research and saw lots of reviews so they all knew about the power problems before they bought one? I wouldn't even buy headphones without researching them for a month.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Surely people did weeks of research and saw lots of reviews so they all knew about the power problems before they bought one? I wouldn't even buy headphones without researching them for a month.
no one on here has had an issue yet it seems, nor any youtubers even the ones who tried to get them to melt

Permabanned
I recall r/AMD being so useless when I asked for help 4 times within 1 year for help with the 5700-XT sadly both sides are rammed with rabid fangirls and mods not wanting the brand to be upheld to any standards.
Reddit is a dump also full of children and so called know-it-alls.

Short cut thinkers, egomaniacs and retards, "If it is not happening to me it's a user error or it's some FBI agent from the competitor".

Last edited:
Soldato
Think you find if a cable or connector that came with a PSU melted and caused any damaged then that would be for the PSU manufacturer to pay out for..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom