• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Check Your 4090's 12vhpwr Connectors To Make Sure They are in Pristine Condition

Soldato
Well it's out of focus and very low res, plus we can't see how deep it is if it exists, plus it wouldn't matter anyway.
There are no indications of heat anywhere.

Stop worrying and use the card you paid a fortune for, just don't be an idiot and break the cable.

Soldato
I put a thermometer in the bottom of my case earlier to see how warm it got lol... I'll do it again , play cyberpunk for a bit and take a pic :D

Heat rises smarty pants so a normal thermometer needs to be moved around to get a true ambient temperature in the case and then adding them all up and dividing by the tests and positions done... or use one of these and point and click to get temperature at a point you choose :-

F4NasbK.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
and the results after 30mins of cyberpunk @ pyscho 3440x1440

BHqcAT4.jpg
ak0U13b.jpg
UNaAyuo.jpg

Nice and warm even in the bottom corner :), I Think my noctua case fans are set to run at around 60% at 55c cpu temp

Heat rises smarty pants so a normal thermometer needs to be moved around

yea but in a case the fans shift the are outside pretty fast so the top part of the case generally seems to be the coolest.

if you have a 4090 do some gaming and then put your hand near the side of the card and then move it up in your case and you will feel the heat spot is all around the card

Last edited:
Soldato
and the results after 30mins of cyberpunk @ pyscho 3440x1440

Nice and warm even in the bottom corner :), I Think my noctua case fans are set to run at around 60% at 55c cpu temp

yea but in a case the fans shift the are outside pretty fast so the top part of the case generally seems to be the coolest.

if you have a 4090 do some gaming and then put your hand near the side of the card and then move it up in your case and you will feel the heat spot is all around the card

Yes it will depend really how your air flow is setup, probably a better way to get a closer to real life air temp in the case is to stick the thermometer at the warmest exhaust fan area, then at least you know that's the hottest the air can get, but again remember it will depend on the the room ambient temps too.

With my setup the top fan at the back produces the most heat as no top fans on the case only front and back, this is with dual 3090s running.

Does your 4090 suprim x coil whine too ? Seems a lot of people have coil whine with these and I tested one too at a work mates and his whined too like a bee hive. :( But he didn't care about it and said kids make more noise so they drown it out.. I could hear it and it annoyed me as I could hear it over the case fans at a high speed and the fans on the card running pretty quick too.

Last edited:
Associate
As per previous posts, latest reports suggest that the problem is the 4x 8-pin adapter shipped with the cards.

Which raises one question - some AIBs (e.g. Inno3D) seem to ship with a 3x 8-pin that looks very much like the 3080Ti one. Are those affected too?

Last edited:
Soldato
As per previous posts, latest reports suggest that the problem is the 4x 8-pin adapter shipped with the cards.

Which raises one question - some AIBs (e.g. Inno3D) seem to ship with a 3x 8-pin that looks very much like the 3080Ti one. Are those affected too?

Yes they are

There is about 10 reports now of melting on Reddit and on every single one of them it's the 4x8 or 3x8 adaptor connector that's melted

There are no reports yet of issues with proper cables, though it's worth noting the fast majority of 4090 owners have been using the adaptors and not aftermarket cables

Last edited:
Caporegime
Does your 4090 suprim x coil whine too ? Seems a lot of people have coil whine with these and I tested one too at a work mates and his whined too like a bee hive. :( But he didn't care about it and said kids make more noise so they drown it out.. I could hear it and it annoyed me as I could hear it over the case fans at a high speed and the fans on the card running pretty quick too.
yea but I struggle to hear it unless I open my case and get ear level with the card

Back
Top Bottom