Did work get you a Xmas gift?

Associate
Such a disparity between posts in this thread :(

I can't fault my employer. £600 cost of living payment and a restaurant Christmas meal/party, plus a 13% pay rise over the next 6 months (technically that's not specific to Christmas, but 6.5% is effective January). My real 'bonus' though is having the flexibility to take extended leave. I'm off for 22 days straight, returning 5 January.

Last edited:
Soldato
We got an Xmas party where multiplenoffices met for it so was like a day out as had to get there and then found out on arrival most the alcohol had to pay for as another office went out week before and drank away the bar tab monies!

Nothing otherwise this year. My brother though had a bonus at his company and they flew everyone into the UK for a party with about 200 employees and spent £160k on it!! They are a start up without any products even out there and seeing them waste that monies is mental tbh.

My ex house mate got an Xmas alcohol hamper and a few bits for Xmas and two different company meals out team and company wide kinda thing.

It's weird to see how extreme different companies and sectors do Xmas.

Soldato
Got given a choice of gifts, mostly food or drink. I chose to donate the value to the local food bank though.

We're relatively well looked after though all year round (and have been for several years, or indeed decades).

Last edited:
Soldato
Never had a job where work buys Christmas presents for staff. Also can’t think why they would.
Because they value and care for their colleges. We even get an advent calendar each.
Fingers crossed for a bottle of Balvenie Double Wood this year and a bottle of fizzy for the wife, plots 6 usually get a book each for the children.
Over heard talk of a bonus as well.

Also going out Tuesday afternoon into Manchester town for drinks and a meal.

Because they value and care for their colleges. We even get an advent calendar each.
Fingers crossed for a bottle of Balvenie Double Wood this year and a bottle of fizzy for the wife, plots 6 usually get a book each for the children.
Over heard talk of a bonus as well.

Also going out Tuesday afternoon into Manchester town for drinks and a meal.
When they value your work they give you a pay rise lol

Soldato
A xmas party in a pub with a couple of free drinks and some snacks, that I could attend anyway due to other commitments.
We do get a bonus (hopefully) and a pay rise at end of March but will have to see, sales are good despite cost of living crisis. Long may it continue cos my god do I need extra income after the year and mess I've had with house sales/purchases and mortgage rapage.

Man of Honour
aye they said I could have xmas eve off as later as humanly possible.

you'd think a large almost global company would be able to arrange this giving more than a a weeks notice lol
Until this year it's always been the worst kept secret that we finish at 1400 on the last day before Christmas eve/Christmas eve. Always been a "It'll be confirmed on the morning", they actually gave us 2 weeks notice this year :eek:

Back
Top Bottom