Did work get you a Xmas gift?

Man of Honour
Looks like I've been given the gift of working either side of the Christmas weekend, so no break over the holiday period despite the department I support not being on site during this time.

Nice to be informed the week before :rolleyes:

Soldato
Until this year it's always been the worst kept secret that we finish at 1400 on the last day before Christmas eve/Christmas eve. Always been a "It'll be confirmed on the morning", they actually gave us 2 weeks notice this year :eek:
I remember some years ago when we had a notices put up around 6 weeks before Christmas saying we be finishing at around 12.00 on both Christmas eve & new year eve..

Boss came in on both them days in a very bad mood and made everyone work till 6pm :mad:

Associate
We got 2 company days off given but only told last week after communications to clients about availability had already gone out so not everyone can actually take it off…also received about £5 worth of chocolates today which probably cost another £5 to send.

Not their most generous this year…

Soldato
- All staff get xmas eve half day for free. i.e. Does not come out your holiday allowance.
- Usually get hampers/vouchers depending on how the business has done that year.
- Work xmas party (all staff) with prizes and what not.
- We get X amount per head where you can go out in your teams for an xmas dinner.
- This year there is talk of getting a small cost of living payment bonus
- Yes we get a christmas card
- Office closes for 2 weeks in December where we can only work remotely
- Nobody works xmas day/boxing day/new years. All staff get bank hols off.

Consigliere
OP
Well, my work is sending me something today so I can see what I get compared with my OP last year. :)

To be honest though, I was expecting very little as they paid me a bonus only recently.

Can't type for toffee
Don
- All staff get xmas eve half day for free. i.e. Does not come out your holiday allowance.
- Usually get hampers/vouchers depending on how the business has done that year.
- Work xmas party (all staff) with prizes and what not.
- We get X amount per head where you can go out in your teams for an xmas dinner.
- This year there is talk of getting a small cost of living payment bonus
- Yes we get a christmas card
- Office closes for 2 weeks in December where we can only work remotely
- Nobody works xmas day/boxing day/new years. All staff get bank hols off.

We had a battle to be able to use Leave
nada
We can organise a work event or have a £30 voucher each
As above
We went on strike and erm yeah, I'm down for the year lol
no Xmas Cards
insistence on being back in the office more
Were closed xmas day, the rest are fair game

Back
Top Bottom