• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

10GB vram enough for the 3080? Discuss..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
There were also people that bought the 3080 12GB, or Ti models. These also dont have the same issues. As per thread topic.
"Issues". Let's put "issues" into perspective. You mean dropping texture quality a bit. Yeah, huge issues.

Can you name a single card in the history of gpus that didn't have to drop settings in the latest / heaviest game that got released 2.5 years after said card? No? Thought so.

But I got whats going on, 3090 owners are trying to justify their purchase, it seems clear to me now. My condolences, you have my friendly pat in the back. I'm one of you as well, I get the drama, no worries.

Last edited:
Caporegime
"Issues". Let's put "issues" into perspective. You mean dropping texture quality a bit. Yeah, huge issues.

Can you name a single card in the history of gpus that didn't have to drop settings in the latest / heaviest game that got released 2.5 years after said card? No? Thought so.

But I got whats going on, 3090 owners are trying to justify their purchase, it seems clear to me now. My condolences, you have my friendly pat in the back. I'm one of you as well, I get the drama, no worries.

Please stop saying this as even that doesn't fix the game to normal performance levels :cry:

YNyYVvU.png

kCYMNPC.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Then how am I playing it on a 3060ti with DLSS Q at 3440x1440? Im currently in hogwarts, fps is 65 to 75

Didn't you apply the reddit fix? :)

But as said, I also have got the game running very well too, 80-100+ FPS in the most demanding areas:

cGklSZH.jpg

Vud1ad9.jpg

OwXr0jX.jpg

h8c81gy.jpg

That's 3440x1440, dlss quality, high preset with rt shadows and AO (rt preset on ultra), however, I've now turned off RT until it gets fixed/improved as it is broken in its current state so basically I'm pushing a constant 120+ fps instead.

Also, as noted, once you get past the tutorial and return to hogwarts for the second time, performance is improved.

Soldato
Didn't you apply the reddit fix? :)

But as said, I also have got the game running very well too, 80-100+ FPS in the most demanding areas:

cGklSZH.jpg

Vud1ad9.jpg

OwXr0jX.jpg

h8c81gy.jpg

That's 3440x1440, dlss quality, high preset with rt shadows and AO (rt preset on ultra), however, I've now turned off RT until it gets fixed/improved as it is broken in its current state so basically I'm pushing a constant 120+ fps instead.

Also, as noted, once you get past the tutorial and return to hogwarts for the second time, performance is improved.
Then why are we disagreeing that dropping textures to high (at least on my 3060ti) fixed all performance issues regarding vram.

Caporegime
Then why are we disagreeing that dropping textures to high (at least on my 3060ti) fixed all performance issues regarding vram.

Because of the above video I linked????

It made no difference on my 3080 going from ultra to low textures @ 3440x1440 dlss quality but what made a big difference was the .ini tweaks.

The "fact" that casting a spell in game somehow manages to boost fps says it all about this game......

glr5Sdm.jpg

hHpOJBB.gif

"REPAIRO FPS!!!!"

ncASGX5.jpg

:D

Soldato
All I got to say is this, amd's planned obsolescence

untitled.jpg

Last edited:

G J

G J

Associate
RDNA3 was advertising 4K and 8K gaming and it cant do it max settings in all games at 4K at playable frame rates so why did AMD not provide enough VRAM for 8K?

Last edited:
Soldato
Because of the above video I linked????

It made no difference on my 3080 going from ultra to low textures @ 3440x1440 dlss quality but what made a big difference was the .ini tweaks.
Υοu posted screenshots, ,can you post the actual video? Cause unless he loaded his save after changing settings, the video is irrelevant. For example when I drop textures from high to low I go from 65 fps to 15 fps (!!). Changing them back to high doesn't do anything, my fps is still stuck to 15. I have to reload the save game to actually fix that,, or just go into the menu a few times. There is no way a 3080 cant get absolutely great performance with lower textures since im getting great performance on a 3060ti.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Υοu posted screenshots, ,can you post the actual video? Cause unless he loaded his save after changing settings, the video is irrelevant. For example when I drop textures from high to low I go from 65 fps to 15 fps (!!). Changing them back to high doesn't do anything, my fps is still stuck to 15. I have to reload the save game to actually fix that,, or just go into the menu a few times. There is no way a 3080 cant get absolutely great performance with lower textures since im getting great performance on a 3060ti.

I did post the video......

Point as with my last post is that the game has issues if one fix works for others but doesn't for others and so on and so on and so on

Soldato
3080 gamer's cannot wait to upgrade, although the members market is not being flooded, perhaps delusion has not worn off yet.
I'm keeping the 3080 FE (bought at MSRP thankfully), but I'm using GeForce NOW's RTX 4080 tier, much cheaper than buying one! Also, I might pick up a PS5 at some point for the next installment of the FF7 Remake if the PS5 Pro really is cancelled (the rumours are all over the place). I've also got XBOX Game Pass Ultimate so all my bases are covered.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sad thing is, everyone is pointing the fingers at the wrong ones..... the ones responsible are developers, just maybe if they optimised their game, the game would be running pretty well on all gpus (given what they are capable of) and a 7900xtx would also be able to play at 60+ fps @ 1080P but nope, you simply need to go out and buy better hardware as these big bad corporate hardware companies planned it all along....

I think we have all said time and time before too, yes it would have been great to have got the 3080 with 12 or even 16gb from the start but how much would that have cost? How much were people willing to pay for extra vram? Given that when the 3080 12gb launched, it launched for £1200+, no way in hell was I going to be paying that especially when the difference in 99% of games compared to a 3080 10gb is <5%, that and £650 was already more than what I was willing to spend (all previous gpus I bought were always £300-400)

Having said all that, hogwarts is running fantastically well for me now, I get the same fps drops/stutters when entering different rooms and in some parts around hogsmead but as stated by every reviewer so far too, this also happens on the best of the best systems. One thing which I and others have noted is that after the tutorial stuff and returning to hogwarts for the second time, the performance is considerably better. All in all, despite it's obvious issues especially around RT, it plays pretty well in my experience, WB have certainly come along way since batman arkham knight pc release ;)
Yes and DLSS 3 Frame Generation is their new crutch, no need to bother about difficult CPU mutithreading and optimisation anymore; how disappointing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Dead Space Remake same problem at 4K all ultra settings even with DLSS.

Also has issues on gpus with more vram too :(

I think the fundamental problem we have right now is that the console versions are properly utilizing direct storage and their "unified" memory eliminates the issues with having dedicated vram and system ram especially with the way textures/assets are streamed in where as with PC, this process isn't being used and I imagine would probably would require a fair bit of reworking the game to get good results.

Soldato
Also has issues on gpus with more vram too :(

I think the fundamental problem we have right now is that the console versions are properly utilizing direct storage and their "unified" memory eliminates the issues with having dedicated vram and system ram especially with the way textures/assets are streamed in where as with PC, this process isn't being used and I imagine would probably would require a fair bit of reworking the game to get good results.
I suspect you are bang on with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom