Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Soldato
That’s an insane monitor - even watching the videos makes me feel a bit sick though haha! No way I could sit in front of it, jealous of those that can though

Associate
OP
I'm waiting for more info about warranty too before ordering

Well after seeing the video review above they seem to have some built in anti burn in features.

Not really sure what I want now I have a 27" in use in front of me, and it's pretty much perfect from where I sit.

Glossy OLED and no fringing issues... if the burn in prevention measures actually work well, then this monitor will sell well long term.

Associate
I'm actually torn between this one and the bigger 57" one as my usage will be work and gaming. I've got a 49 inch low res screen in front of me at present that I've borrowed and it is great, but it is a bit of a letterbox feel where work is concerned. Saying that 57" maybe too big at the distance I sit at. Decisions, decisions!

Man of Honour
Well after seeing the video review above they seem to have some built in anti burn in features.

Not really sure what I want now I have a 27" in use in front of me, and it's pretty much perfect from where I sit.

Glossy OLED and no fringing issues... if the burn in prevention measures actually work well, then this monitor will sell well long term.
It’s no more or less glossy than the 34” QDOLED monitors, which I don’t think you could really consider glossy. It’s a hybrid coating, somewhere in the middle.

Caporegime
Unfortunately couldn't get access to the two offers I encountered that reduced the price nicely, so I'll likely end up with a 27" or 34" OLED but we will see.
I'm sorry but you can't go from severely wanting TF out of this and then just going down to a 27/34. Worth waiting a bit for a pricedrop when it hits general retail imo, you'll regret TF out of it!!!

Associate
OP
I'm sorry but you can't go from severely wanting TF out of this and then just going down to a 27/34. Worth waiting a bit for a pricedrop when it hits general retail imo, you'll regret TF out of it!!!
To be fair when I posted this I hadn't got my desk yet, or gaming pc. Now that I have 27" is actually adequate for my seating distance. Of course having the equivalent of two 27" monitors in front of me would be insane. I could cough up the 2K just reluctant to do so when I've seen it priced 300 lower for those with access to such deals.

For example the Alienware 34" oled is 630-770 depending on what deals you get... quite the cost savings as well, and I'm sure would fulfill my needs adequately.

You are right this would still be my no.1 choice but I want to get rid of my basic va panel. I got it just to have a screen available for when I got my pc. If I could get access to one of the deal prices I'd bite.

Associate
OP
Fair enough, not like the AW 34 is a bad choice esp at that pricing.
The Samsung is back on the cards after my 1k deposit seems to let me apply without issue today for 0% finance.

Last time I tried it didn't recognise my info :)

Once I'm home and have access to my passport etc for the verification checks, then I may get it on 26th

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Looking forward to your reviews!
Unfortunately I have no experience with oleds going into this outside of my phone... so not sure I'm the best person to make comparisons with other monitors or tvs.

All I can compare it to are mid range monitors I've used for a Series X or Laptop over the last couple of years. I've also never owned an ultra wide before, so it is just a random gamble on a product I think ticks a lot of boxes for numerous use cases I envision myself in.

Associate
Unfortunately I have no experience with oleds going into this outside of my phone... so not sure I'm the best person to make comparisons with other monitors or tvs.

All I can compare it to are mid range monitors I've used for a Series X or Laptop over the last couple of years. I've also never owned an ultra wide before, so it is just a random gamble on a product I think ticks a lot of boxes for numerous use cases I envision myself in.
All reviews are pretty subjective and your review/opinion is just as important as any other person's. I for one look forward to your take on it when you get it

Associate
OP
All reviews are pretty subjective and your review/opinion is just as important as any other person's. I for one look forward to your take on it when you get it
That's true but the fact I haven't had an OLED ever before at this size, means I'm likely to be very happy with the product by default :cry:

but at the same time if I'm not blown away perhaps it'll have the opposite effect.

Associate
I'd love to get one of these to replace my current 2 x 27" LED setup. My worry though is that whilst it will be amazing for gaming I'll be using it for work throughout the day, 4 days a week (lots of programming) and the risk of burn in feels pretty high, even with the tech improvements made.

Anyone else got a similar use case and not had issues with burn in on other modern OLED monitors?

Associate
OP
I'd love to get one of these to replace my current 2 x 27" LED setup. My worry though is that whilst it will be amazing for gaming I'll be using it for work throughout the day, 4 days a week (lots of programming) and the risk of burn in feels pretty high, even with the tech improvements made.

Anyone else got a similar use case and not had issues with burn in on other modern OLED monitors?

I think this is one of those wait and see monitors for such a scenario (it's something I'm worried about as well) but can probably be mitigated with all the built in features (probably run them daily) or as needed and I don't think people will run into issues. It'll obviously be inconvenient having to nurse a monitor to maintain performance but no doubt worth it in the long run (alternatively) wait for the baby version of this to come out I saw on TFT reviews there'll be a model later in the year without all the smart tv features and some other downgrades that may reduce the price if you're not in a rush to get one. So by then you'll know if anyone had dramatic burn in early into the lifecycle of these monitors.

Back
Top Bottom