Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Seems there is going to be another version of this G93SC without all the Smart TV features which hopefully will be a bit cheaper! OcUK have these up for pre-order now :thumbsup: still going to wait for the 57" tho :D
Would have been the preferred choice but the 4090 doesn't support it. And my desk definitely wouldn't support that size either without kicking off my pc from the desk good luck with your purchase.

Has anyone else seen the deals available in other territories... Americans and Canadians are getting a hell of a deal with this monitor vs what they're offering folks in the UK.
1st thing I'm doing when I get the monitor is listing the SSD to reduce my expenditure for this monitor :D

I guess on the downside they have to wait longer for demand to be fulfilled.

Seen a few people on reddit have got their G9's already as well, so hopefully they decide to ship a few early and perhaps we can pay to move forward the delivery date, that's possible with DPD right?

So i'm really on the fence with this G9 OLED, I have a LG Ultragear 38" 3840x1600 res monitor now, I really want to make the leap to OLED and can fit the 49" screen ok but the issue i see is the drop in vertical res to 1440p. I am wondering if i would notice this drop to 1440p more while playing games. Ideally a 38 OLED is needed :)

So i'm really on the fence with this G9 OLED, I have a LG Ultragear 38" 3840x1600 res monitor now, I really want to make the leap to OLED and can fit the 49" screen ok but the issue i see is the drop in vertical res to 1440p. I am wondering if i would notice this drop to 1440p more while playing games. Ideally a 38 OLED is needed :)
I think you'll feel the vertical space reduction myself (I did), bit like looking through a large letterbox!

Yeah if you're happy with x1600 which I've heard many say is the perfect resolution for ultrawides then you're probably better off waiting for a product that will eventually suit you needs. Gotta be one coming in the next year surely.

I think you'll feel the vertical space reduction myself (I did), bit like looking through a large letterbox!
Yeah if you're happy with x1600 which I've heard many say is the perfect resolution for ultrawides then you're probably better off waiting for a product that will eventually suit you needs. Gotta be one coming in the next year surely.
thanks - this was what i was thinking. As much as i'd love the G9 OLED I feel it would be noticeable downward step to 1440p.

Good luck with your purchases all and I hope you get good copies. I've been really happy with my original G9. My first one was A1 straight from the off.

That price drop has annoyed me only because the order I already placed can't be cancelled. So I've gotta order again to get the deal on offer... and wait for the refund process for the current order...

Back
Top Bottom