Well done amazon, Not!!

Pez

Pez

Soldato
ok checked over and has brown stain across bottom
contacted amazon, put me through to india, point blank refused to replace tv, offered refund only as tv has gone up in price, made a complaint, manager i asked for also refused, hung up, went back through to phoned amazon uk, their response was, of coarse you can havea replacement :cry: :cry:
never talk to amazon india, bunch of clowns

you can make out mark on taskbar. just
PXL-20230712-135840343-1.jpg
What number did you phone for the UK? I was expecting an iPhone today (needed a password) and the van parked outside my house to deliver over the road. App showed that I was the next delivery and the location matched. Then... he drove to the end of the road, sat there for 5mins and then left!

Checked tracking, now it's gone back to out for delivery... pretty sure I won't be seeing that today.

Soldato
OP
What number did you phone for the UK? I was expecting an iPhone today (needed a password) and the van parked outside my house to deliver over the road. App showed that I was the next delivery and the location matched. Then... he drove to the end of the road, sat there for 5mins and then left!

Checked tracking, now it's gone back to out for delivery... pretty sure I won't be seeing that today.
i used
UK : 0800 279 7234 or +44 0 800 279 7234
-International: +44 203 356 6212

Reactions: Pez
Soldato
OP
Haha obviously they don't like you
i dont care as long as i get my replacement tv, the VRR is a godsend :D

Message From Customer Service Hello, This is Isaac from Amazon, it was a pleasure assisting you today. I'm sorry to hear that you received your 'Hisense 55U7HQTUK 55" 600-nit 4K HDR10+ and 120Hz Dolby Vision IQ ULED Smart TV with Disney+, Freeview Play and Alexa Built-in, HDMI 2.1 and Filmmaker' in that condition. I've placed a new order for the same item and it'll be dispatched as soon as possible to the same address. There'll be no additional charge for your replacement order.
:cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
I suspect there will be a tipping point where if you claim more than a set number of items are either damaged or stolen you will be blacklisted from having stuff left.

Nope, a few years back I went through a stage where my Amazon deliveries were being thrown over next doors fence into their back garden (guess the driver thought it was my fence). My neighbour works away for months at a time so I didn't realize what was happening so kept reporting my items as not received. After 4 or 5 times over the course of about 2 months they advised me they would no longer replace items I claim are missing. They said that if I do not agree to this they'll close my account. Needless to say I didn't order anything from Amazon for a month or so until my neighbour had got back and found all my missing items in their garden. Since then I have a key to look after his place when he's gone so it's no longer a problem, plus I have a parcel box out front and they leave most items in there.

I imagine that warning has expired now, but tbh I've not had anything go missing since. The combination of a ring doorbell and a parcel box make receiving parcels a lot easier

Underboss
Last delivery driver didnt even knock he just shoved it behind the bin, i know because i saw him arrive and was watching him.

they do that all the time

they leave stuff out the front all the time, with all delivery companies these days its common
it just depends on the driver

we get it at work too, they leave these out side our shop, when were open

Soldato
OP
just had another delivery from amazon only tv bracket, left door open for them, no knock just left it on doorstep :cry: :cry: the door was open for them just put it in passgae or knock :cry:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
this can be right surely, my replacement is on its way, checked on return status for the this tv, and heres what its showing:eek:
2023-07-15-08-20-33-Your-Orders-and-2-more-pages-Personal-Microsoft-Edge.png
I suppose at the end of the day what are they going to do with a water damaged tv? By the time they've spent the money to collect it and ship it to someone to fix it's probably not worth it.

Soldato
OP
I suppose at the end of the day what are they going to do with a water damaged tv? By the time they've spent the money to collect it and ship it to someone to fix it's probably not worth it.
its not even that noticeable to be fair, only really on a light back ground

Last edited:
Soldato
this can be right surely, my replacement is on its way, checked on return status for the this tv, and heres what its showing:eek:
2023-07-15-08-20-33-Your-Orders-and-2-more-pages-Personal-Microsoft-Edge.png
Quite possibly correct. Unless you have had received email instructions on how to return etc.

Given circumstances and evidence, most likely a stock write-off.

Not much they can do with a 'reportedly water damaged tv' evidenced by their couriers own photo.

However, the brown stain doesn't appear obviously consistent with a bit of rain water ingress from your scenario, esp given how these are packaged. It looks more like a manufacturing defect. It may be worth you contacting Hisense directly for warranty support too. Could get this repaired / replaced by them too.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would box it back up and then give it some time just to be on the safe side.

Once its been sitting there awhile then decide what to do with it as you dont want to get billed a 2nd time for not returning the TV
why? amazon have already told the op there's no need to return it. if they come back at him at a later date he can just quote them and tell them he chucked it as it was goosed.

Soldato
why? amazon have already told the op there's no need to return it. if they come back at him at a later date he can just quote them and tell them he chucked it as it was goosed.
This is true, it would save the hassle and having this conversation later on down the line if it ever happens.

OP does not have to do it, its just something I would do.

Back
Top Bottom