Well done amazon, Not!!

Caporegime
Our last Amazon delivery driver snapped our letterbox trying to squeeze the parcel through. I caught him in the act and my dog barking made him crap his pants when I opened the door.

Unfortunately I didn't realise at the time it was broken so he got away with it but I never forget a face. Every time he comes to my house he will be greeted by my dog.

I managed to fix the letterbox back but every time a little bit of wind comes it chatters sending the dog off on one because she thinks someone is at the door.

Man of Honour
Amazon insurance will just write it off internally, they account for this and basically send returned goods to landfill in the millions every year. There was an article that did some digging a while back highlighting just how much perfectly usable stuff Amazon bins purely because they're returned for whatever reason. It's easier for them to just say "keep it" - you do them a favour from having to get rid of what they consider waste.

Last edited:
Soldato
Amazon insurance will just write it off internally, they account for this and basically send returned goods to landfill in the millions every year. There was an article that did some digging a while back highlighting just how much perfectly usable stuff Amazon bins purely because they're returned for whatever reason. It's easier for them to just say "keep it" - you do them a favour from having to get rid of what they consider waste.
I wanted to return an item because it didn't work for my use case (it was fully functional, though) and they just refunded me the money and told me to keep it.

Back
Top Bottom