Israel-Hamas war - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
People done that in the Ukraine thread and we're condemned for it. It's the way of the world now, either pick a side or be a bad guy.

How is this in any way comparable to what is happening in Ukraine? If people defended the Nazis and Soviets in Poland in 1939 and talked about the "dead on both sides" would you say the same? What is happening in Israel/Palestine has been happening in one form or another for millennia, its a conflict as old as time. What is happening in Ukraine is not. The deaths could stop tomorrow with Russia leaving Ukraine.

Caporegime
This must be the worst loss Israel has taken since her historic wars. Mossad and Netanyahu have a lot of questions to answer.

Anyone still claiming Israel's security wall was 'apartheid' and 'unnecessary' needs to give their head a shake, because thast narrative is officially dead in the water now.

Last edited:
Soldato
This must have been planned for a long time it was well executed by Hamas, paragliders going into a lot of places and into that music festival shooting people randomly and from multiple sides.

I cant see them paragliders being effective for Hamas after this though they got away with it once not in future I dont think.

It definitely Israel 9/11 :(

Hamas have been smoked though footage on combatfootage on reddit of the IDF airstrikes / apache Hamas militants obliterated.

Last edited:
Soldato
Caporegime
This must have been planned for a long time it was well executed by Hamas, paragliders going into a lot of places and into that music festival shooting people randomly and from multiple sides.

I cant see them paragliders being effective for Hamas after this though they got away with it once not in future I dont think.

It definitely Israel 9/11 :(

Hamas have been smoked though footage on combatfootage on reddit of the IDF airstrikes / apache Hamas militants obliterated.
Yeah paragliders seem like a one time only thing. Drones though will be a real problem for Israel.

Soldato
I have visited both places. Feel very symphathtic with Palestinian people.

My best mate at the time. Married an Isreli woman, so, as it turns out. To avoid military service. Really, I had no interest of being there.

It's odd that the Western media kicks off really when this shiz happens right. But that's a story for a different day.

For me at least, I just find it very "odd" timing. There is no good timing. Poor families on "both" sides. A human tradagy.

To be frank I don't see an ending to the perpetual war (not going full on Alex Jones luls).

It's a mess. It's just a mess.

Happy birthday Putin :mad:

Suspended
Nope. Nope. There was no Palestinian nation. There is no unique Palestinian language, culture, or history. Palestinian identity was invented in the 1960s.

Wait a minute. Yes it was a vassell of the Ottoman Empire, it doesn't mean the people living ther shouldn't have had rights of autonomy. Where do you think the Palestinians originally lived prior to the Balfour Declaration? Wiki tells me the following of the areas now known as Israel and Palestine: In 1882 the population numbered approximately 320,000 people, 25,000 of whom were Jewish. In the early 1800s there was a Palestinian uprising throughout the region in response to Ottoman conscription. And at the end of WW1 Palestinian Christians and the first Palestinian nationalist organisations appeared.

From Wiki:

The Palestinian Arabs felt ignored by the terms of the Mandate. Though at the beginning of the Mandate they constituted a 90 percent majority of the population, the text only referred to them as "non-Jewish communities" that, though having civil and religious rights, were not given any national or political rights. As far as the League of Nations and the British were concerned the Palestinian Arabs were not a distinct people. In contrast the text included six articles (2, 4, 6, 7, 11 and 22) with obligations for the mandatory power to foster and support a "national home" for the Jewish people. Moreover, a representative body of the Jewish people, the Jewish Agency, was recognised.[11]

The Palestinian Arab leadership repeatedly pressed the British to grant them national and political rights like representative government, reminding the British of president Wilson's Fourteen Points, the Covenant of the League of Nations and British promises during World War I. The British however made acceptance of the terms of the Mandate a precondition for any change in the constitutional position of the Palestinian Arabs. For the Palestinian Arabs this was unacceptable, as they felt that this would be "self murder".[12] During the whole interwar period the British, appealing to the terms of the Mandate, which they had designed themselves, rejected the principle of majority rule or any other measure that would give a Palestinian Arab majority control over the government of Palestine

Associate
The 600 death toll. Is that mostly Palestinians?
Nope. That is all Israelis and almost all civilians... Including the 240 gunned down at the peace music festival, those people murdered when Hamas terrorists went door to door shooting people.

The Palestinians are keeping their own score which I last saw at 230 but did not split out combatants.

Soldato
It is quite simple.

You can support a two-state solution as I do, oppose some/much of what Israeli Governments have done, think Netanyahu is an absolute **** (and bordering on a racist/facist) and still absolutely condemn and abhor what Hamas has done.

Why is that so difficult?
Because people like you never provide any solutions. Just enough superficial rubbish so you can sleep well at night knowing you stand at the moral high ground while in the real world corpses of innocent civilians are getting desecrated while the crowd is cheering.

Now repeat what you just said in front of a mirror and try to keep a straight face if you can.

Soldato
A two state solution will only work when Hamas is either wiped out and replaced with functional Palestinian authority like they have in the west bank or they have a chance of heart on the whole genocide of Israel thing and come out in support of a two state solution.

Soldato
All we have to do is pick different points on the timeline to declare that one group or another has claim to a given peice of land.

The current situation has one group of people that have stated that they want to kill everyone in the other group and they really, really mean it.

They cannot be negotiated with. The cannot be reasoned with.

It doesn't matter what Isreal does. If any Jews are still alive, then Hamas and a majority of Palestinians (they voted for Hamas) will not be happy.

Israel needs to ensure its security and stop trying to appease people that will settle for nothing less than killing all Jews.

Soldato
Managed to grab a shot of that ticker.

rKnWIUV.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
As the hours go past, I'm becoming decidedly more in favor of the Israelis (didn't think I'd be saying that ever...) . Some awful unjustifiable acts by the Palestinians here.

Two sides yada yada yada, doesn't excuse some of the **** that has happened over the past 24 hours.
Historically I am usually much more on the Palestinian side, but there is zero justification in their actions here, and I will never support Islamic terrorists.
You only have to watch a mob screaming 'allah akbar' as they dance around the violated corpse of a young girl.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
All we have to do is pick different points on the timeline to declare that one group or another has claim to a given peice of land.

The current situation has one group of people that have stated that they want to kill everyone in the other group and they really, really mean it.

They cannot be negotiated with. The cannot be reasoned with.

It doesn't matter what Isreal does. If any Jews are still alive, then Hamas and a majority of Palestinians (they voted for Hamas) will not be happy.

Israel needs to ensure its security and stop trying to appease people that will settle for nothing less than killing all Jews.

Perhaps they could also do more to stop illegal settlements from being established in Palestinian territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom