City Fibre

Soldato
Oh and to top it all off, i'm being routed to Edinburgh from Sheffield, so i've gone from full g.fast speeds and 8-9ms ping to fibre speeds with 16ms ping. Needless to say i'm cancelling this garbage even though its cheap and getting something else.
Yup same hereon 900 package, except I was lucky for my service to be fine for 3-4yrs now, but I've waited 2 months and I've been routed through Swindon instead of London so I've gone from 2ms to 6-8ms, with downloads speed as low as 10mbps but usually between 200-400mbps range. So many have complained about the BNG issue on the Vodafone forums, but they just seem to not care.

I'll be switching over to talktalk in next few weeks.

how do you check where your routed through?
You can check using the gateway IP, should also say the AP name of that gateway depending on what router you have.

Where did it say 2024 am I going blind? I read "Cityfibre has today added a new “True Gig” 1.2Gbps wholesale broadband product for UK ISPs"
It's the first Vodafone article that says "Early 2024", not the CityFibre one, CityFibre already announced this one some months back.

Last edited:
Suspended
Yup same hereon 900 package, except I was lucky for my service to be fine for 3-4yrs now, but I've waited 2 months and I've been routed through Swindon instead of London so I've gone from 2ms to 6-8ms, with downloads speed as low as 10mbps but usually between 200-400mbps range. So many have complained about the BNG issue on the Vodafone forums, but they just seem to not care.

I'll be switching over to talktalk in next few weeks.

You can check using the gateway IP, should also say the AP name of that gateway depending on what router you have.

It's the first Vodafone article that says "Early 2024", not the CityFibre one, CityFibre already announced this one some months back.
Found my gateway but how do I see where it’s routed through

Associate
I've had no one before I migrated to Giganet... My speeds in real use like steam and so on were rubbish but OK on speed tests, Giganet do have constant good speeds and the same latency from my experience. no one do have exceptional customer service though and Giganets is useless.

As much as I dislike BT even on FTTC their latency was always good, so I'm guessing their FTTP should be even better. Just don't wanna be tied into a 2 year contract with anyone letalone BT.

Soldato
I've heard they're pretty good on FTTP these days, I can't get over their history though of being absolutely atrocious.
Yeah, I'm going to give it a try, with the exception of Zen I don't have many other great options besides a bunch of smaller ISP's, prefer to go with a bigger network with solid peering. I would have tried Giganet, but they're doing the whole CGNAT thing now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Aquiss are a great option for Openreach FTTP. When CF finally come to my area I’ll be going with no one however.
Friend of mine went with Aquiss ok OR, he had 1-2ms with Talktalk Business and BT, but had 6-7ms with Aquiss sadly, and speed was a bit shaky also.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry for your friend.
Yeah he switched back after 14d. Aquiss use Enta, now called Cityfibre Wholesale for their peering (ASN8468) so in theory it should be pretty good.

Don't have any first hand experience though as it's not available on CityFibre anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
My cityfibre sign up page has gone from 6 ISPs back to Vodafone only :mad::mad::mad:

Really hoping it's just a bug but I contacted one of the ISPs and they confirmed with CF they can't provide a connection. No reason given ofc
Mine is same as has been for four months.

"We are done but no ISPs available, will be soon"

Strange meaning of the word soon. 4 months and counting.

Man of Honour
Yeah he switched back after 14d. Aquiss use Enta, now called Cityfibre Wholesale for their peering (ASN8468) so in theory it should be pretty good.

Don't have any first hand experience though as it's not available on CityFibre anyway.
Zero issues with billing, support, latency, or bandwidth in 14+ months with them.

Associate
Well had no one now for a week, seems rock solid but I have to admit I’m a little disappointed with my ping/latency which is seaming to sit at 16-20ms
Do you have a traceroute? Looking at moving to no one from my current provider mainly due to crap latency, figured no one would be better!

Back
Top Bottom