• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

G-Sync pulsar

Associate
What and where is the known issue is this module suppose to fix.

Giving me a fringe scenario where you really have to dig to have this issue is looking for a problem that really doesn't exist and letting Nvidia sell you a solution to a problem that people just aren't having.
VRR helps keep the monitor frame rate and GPU frame rate in sync to reduce stutter.

Backlight strobing helps "reset" the imagine to improve motion clarity, which is common in fast paced games, however, it doesn't work well with VRR.

Nvidia Pulsar should allow both techniques work together. OLED solves some of this already so it primarily focused at LCD monitors.

It won't do much for games like WoW but it will benefit every FPS game.

Caporegime
OP
What and where is the known issue is this module suppose to fix.

Giving me a fringe scenario where you really have to dig to have this issue is looking for a problem that really doesn't exist and letting Nvidia sell you a solution to a problem that people just aren't having.

Are you deliberately being obtuse here? Or trolling? If trolling, maybe read the stickied post at the top of this sub-forum.

The use case, what it seeks to "improve", fix is literally right there in the article and my post to you.

Here is another article:

And a good article in general on tech:

Associate
VRR helps keep the monitor frame rate and GPU frame rate in sync to reduce stutter.

Backlight strobing helps "reset" the imagine to improve motion clarity, which is common in fast paced games, however, it doesn't work well with VRR.

Nvidia Pulsar should allow both techniques work together. OLED solves some of this already so it primarily focused at LCD monitors.

It won't do much for games like WoW but it will benefit every FPS game.
You have explained what they are.

I asked what problem or issue.

Who has this issue? Pros? Or average joes on this forum.

I've never seen any one complain in actual games oh noes not enough motion clarity on my screen.

So I ask again, what issue and for who and what does it solve, what games actually this solves a problem for which no one has complained about.

Some games even have innate blur baked in.

Even competitive esports never complains.

Associate
Are you deliberately being obtuse here? Or trolling? If trolling, maybe read the stickied post at the top of this sub-forum.

The use case, what it seeks to "improve", fix is literally right there in the article and my post to you.

Here is another article:

And a good article in general on tech:

Don't like what I say isn't trolling.

Reactions: Klo
Caporegime
OP
Don't like what I say isn't trolling.

You keep saying "what is it to fix/improve", it is in black and white text from the articles and with images to show exactly what it seeks to fix and improve..... So seems like you don't like what it is seeking to fix/improve? Is it because nvidia are first to the market again?

Caporegime
OP

I've never seen any one complain in actual games oh noes not enough motion clarity on my screen.

So I ask again, what issue and for who and what does it solve, what games actually this solves a problem for which no one has complained about.

:rolleyes:

Maybe stick to 30 fps with no vrr then as clearly you don't get who this is aimed for or rather appreciate such tecnology advancements.

It's literally the equivalent to saying "what's the point of more than 60hz/60fps", "what's the point of vrr", "what's the point of self emissive pixels"

Last edited:
Caporegime
I knew this thread would be spicy, but never expected to see the angle that Raelgun has taken :D

ainsley-harriott-spicy.gif

Last edited:
Associate

It understandable that you can't relate to the problem as you don't seem to play the type of games that need it.

The technology will benefit everyone in the applicable genre, especially those who can't afford 240hz+ monitors.

Running at 360hz+ will feel like butter, but if you slow it all down you're still getting ghosting, stutter and blur, not to mention how your own eyes process images, and you'd only realise it when it didn't happen i.e. when the tech is turned on.

It's like trying to explain 165hz to a 60hz gamer, or 360hz to a 165hz gamer. You have to experience it.

Soldato
Lol so Nvidia invented a problem and now selling a solution for
Sort off, probably not far off it, NV and now AMDs on board with the Fake Frames, it's just the beginning.

IMO, Fake Frames need extremely high FPS, they've possibly worked out how to match or get closer to the Hz/fps for a cleaner output image, as Fake Frame technique evolves the FPS are going to increase.

NV's possibly got the solution.

Caporegime
OP
Sort off, probably not far off it, NV and now AMDs on board with the Fake Frames, it's just the beginning.

IMO, Fake Frames need extremely high FPS, they've possibly worked out how to match or get closer to the Hz/fps for a cleaner output image, as Fake Frame technique evolves the FPS are going to increase.

NV's possibly got the solution.

This is quite different to DLSS 3/FG. This seeks to primarily improve motion clarity through different methods.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Having read about this further in comments and articles, seems it's just really for those hardcore gamers with LCDs and stuff.

[OLED master race represent]

Associate
You keep saying "what is it to fix/improve", it is in black and white text from the articles and with images to show exactly what it seeks to fix and improve..... So seems like you don't like what it is seeking to fix/improve? Is it because nvidia are first to the market again?
You're giving something on paper.

Give something that people in games have actually said is an issue.

If we are taking about fps games then shroud or tenz I've never seen ever complain saying you know something, the motion clarity is lacking.

So if pros never bring it up, what do average joes notice?

Caporegime
OP
Having read about this further in comments and articles, seems it's just really for those hardcore gamers with LCDs and stuff.

[OLED master race represent]

Yeah it's far more beneficial for them but oled can benefit too.

TFTcentral comments on when they used BFI on older oled screens:

We saw this available on some older OLED TV’s including the LG CX for instance in 2020 where it could be used at 60Hz and 120Hz, and we were very impressed by the motion blur reduction benefits.

They'll have reviews coming soon so we'll get a good insight into what or how it is beneficial for oled.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
You're giving something on paper.

Give something that people in games have actually said is an issue.

If we are taking about fps games then shroud or tenz I've never seen ever complain saying you know something, the motion clarity is lacking.

So if pros never bring it up, what do average joes notice?

And you're ignoring the listed benefits to it as well as what it will improve shown via image example/comparisons. You're basically saying it is perfect as it is motion clarity when it's not really especially for people who prefer lcd monitors for whatever reason where this tech will be a massive advantage to them.

It understandable that you can't relate to the problem as you don't seem to play the type of games that need it.

The technology will benefit everyone in the applicable genre, especially those who can't afford 240hz+ monitors.

Running at 360hz+ will feel like butter, but if you slow it all down you're still getting ghosting, stutter and blur, not to mention how your own eyes process images, and you'd only realise it when it didn't happen i.e. when the tech is turned on.

It's like trying to explain 165hz to a 60hz gamer, or 360hz to a 165hz gamer. You have to experience it.

Said it perfectly.

Lets turn this around, perhaps, you can tell us why it won't solve anything or what it won't resolve? TFTcentral etc. (experts in the monitor field) seem pretty convinced by the benefits of BFI (whilst having VRR work...)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
For those who don't quite understand what this is, I highly advise reading blurbusters articles on motion clarity and so on....

Soldato
So essentially if I'm reading it right this newer module enables the use of ULMB2 + G-Sync at the same time, Not something I'm personally excited for or even need but newer additions to the tech aren't a bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom