• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RMA Offering of B-Grade cards seems wrong

Associate
Hi,

I had to RMA my KFA2 GeForce RTX 4090 SG 1-Click OC GPU as it was failing.

They've contacted me and said they are looking to replace my card (which I assume means they've determined repair is not an option). They don't have stock of my card, so I've been offered one of these as a replacement:
  • B Grade Asus GeForce RTX 4090 TUF OC 24GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
  • B Grade Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock OC 24GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
This feels really wrong to me. I am 1-year into my 2-year warranty, but the new card would only have a 90 day warranty, and on top of that, has a completely unknown provenance. Someone could have been using it to mine bitcoin before it was reconditioned!

I have replied saying this does not seem reasonable and asked what else they can do.

Is this usual? Has anyone else had a similar experience and got some advice?

Thanks,

D

Soldato

Last edited:
Soldato
If there's no stock, assuming you are willing to wait, shouldn't you have to option of OCUK sending it back to KFA for replacement? What's the point of the warranty and it being processed through the retailer, if they can just offer you any old tat they have laying around instead of sending it in for you?

I don't recall this happening that often before covid & the great GPU shafting. You would either get a similar but new card, or off to manafacturer it went and you may have to wait 30 days for it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't recall this happening that often before covid & the great GPU shafting. You would either get a similar but new card, or off to manufacturer it went and you may have to wait 30 days for it.
It could be that covid shipping issues changed the policy, since it was more expensive and time consuming to do this kind of shipping?

Soldato
here-we-go-again.gif

Soldato
Is this the new ocuk policy? Any card that's eol or hard to get that's still under warranty gets replaced with some b grade item with a 90 day joke attached to it? Unless there's a back and forth between ocuk support and the owner to push them to do better?

@Gibbo ??

lHvuygo.gif

Can we have some clarification please regarding these issues regarding warranties and RMAs ? As this policy to offer B grade replacements or a refund that is not the original price paid is not really encouraging anyone to make a purchase again for such expensive items.

Are the faulty items even being sent to the manufacturer for repair or replacement by them under the warranty period ? If not .. I have to ask why ? Because this is the point of dealing with the retailer in the first place as some manufacturers will not deal with the customers directly but threw the retailer only.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sounds like the ethos of the B-grade system is being extended to warranty support - a terrible initial offer to catch people who are either unwilling or unable to haggle or who don't realise how bad the offer is, then haggling required to get a reasonable offer.

Not an appealing course of action for a business to take, but I guess it's more profitable. At least in the short term.

Soldato
Yeah, this practice has to stop tbh. The reason a lot of people shop with ocuk is customer service. You should be putting a disclaimer on the page for each GPU that the x amount of year “warranty” is actually pretty worthless as we can just offer you any old crap we have lying around in b grade with a 90 day warranty on that item.

Soldato
Yeah, this practice has to stop tbh. The reason a lot of people shop with ocuk is customer service. You should be putting a disclaimer on the page for each GPU that the x amount of year “warranty” is actually pretty worthless as we can just offer you any old crap we have lying around in b grade with a 90 day warranty on that item.
It is? When did this happen? Their CS was just as good as anyone else back in the day. Fast forward to 2024 and they are not even close.

Last edited:
Associate
Is this usual? Has anyone else had a similar experience and got some advice?

Thanks,

D
It's just to trick you. There is a chance that you could say yes and OCUK would make some money.

Now they will probably make a cash offer that is less than the price of a new card :rolleyes:

There are new 4090 cards in stock so why cant you have one of those?
They are more expensive than B grade and that would be bad :D

Associate
Can we have some clarification please regarding these issues regarding warranties and RMAs ? As this policy to offer B grade replacements or a refund that is not the original price paid is not really encouraging anyone to make a purchase again for such expensive items.

Are the faulty items even being sent to the manufacturer for repair or replacement by them under the warranty period ? If not .. I have to ask why ? Because this is the point of dealing with the retailer in the first place as some manufacturers will not deal with the customers directly but threw the retailer only.

And to clarify whether the original warranty magically becomes 90 days if the customer accepts a B-Grade card. And if it doesn't how does that work in the instance that the purchaser has a *manufacturers* warranty and has had their card replaced by a completely different manufacturer's card. Is ocuk putting these through as some kind of part refund and subsequent sale? Seems a tad sneaky if so because even if the user is getting a used card for a used card they still lose part of the warranty they paid for in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom