NHS=Negligent Health Service

Soldato
One of the advantages of private hospitals - they'll bring the food when you're ready, not when they're ready.
And much nicer.

Also another issue with some NHS hospitals is when patients get discharged later that day, they aren’t allocated a lunch. Majority of the time patients who were going to be discharged in the morning are still waiting for medication, notes, sick note until the afternoon and miss out on lunch.

Man of Honour
And much nicer.

Also another issue with some NHS hospitals is when patients get discharged later that day, they aren’t allocated a lunch. Majority of the time patients who were going to be discharged in the morning are still waiting for medication, notes, sick note until the afternoon and miss out on lunch.

but they can ask for something, just because you can't be bothered to ask doesn't mean you need to miss out.

Associate
And much nicer.

They maybe not allocated a lunch but the staff will if asked try to get them something.

Associate
My monthly national insurance payment outstrips my Bupa payment by at least £100. I'd argue that I'm paying through the nose if I go NHS too.
That's the welfare state, we pay in for everyone that uses it. The NI is mainly for pensions, a bit goes to the NHS it's your tax that pays for the majority of the NHS budget.

Soldato
Why should you be able to claim tax relief if you want to take out private healthcare? You want it you pay for it.

I do. I wasn't the one who took the thread down that path. I merely suggested that as I pay more for the NHS that I do private, I pay through the nose for NHS service just as much as for private. A worse service too ironically.

Associate
I do. I wasn't the one who took the thread down that path. I merely suggested that as I pay more for the NHS that I do private, I pay through the nose for NHS service just as much as for private. A worse service too ironically.
How much does your private healthcare cover? As much as the NHS?

Soldato
How much does your private healthcare cover? As much as the NHS?

It doesn't cover A&E, I think we all know that. So if you were going to go down that line don't bother.

I have the comprehensive level of care for me and my family. Work covers me, I pick up the rest. Details here: https://www.bupa.co.uk/health/health-insurance/~/media/Files/MMS/bins-14200.pdf

We also have access to their online GP service and mental health services. We've used them a couple of times over the past five years and having zero waiting and fast, efficient services is really nice.

Associate
It doesn't cover A&E, I think we all know that. So if you were going to go down that line don't bother.

I have the comprehensive level of care for me and my family. Work covers me, I pick up the rest. Details here: https://www.bupa.co.uk/health/health-insurance/~/media/Files/MMS/bins-14200.pdf

We also have access to their online GP service and mental health services. We've used them a couple of times over the past five years and having zero waiting and fast, efficient services is really nice.
I wasn't going down that route, just asking. So if work is paying you're not paying the full amount then? How long before there is something that you go in for, say a knee op, that doesn't go right and you have to go down the NHS route?

Soldato
I wasn't going down that route, just asking. So if work is paying you're not paying the full amount then? How long before there is something that you go in for, say a knee op, that doesn't go right and you have to go down the NHS route?

Work covers about 25% of the total cost. If they didn't, I would cover it. It's not significant.

If a private op goes wrong, Bupa covers getting it fixed. If you aren't satisfied with the original consultant or hospital you have access to their entire network and can select another.

Associate
Work covers about 25% of the total cost. If they didn't, I would cover it. It's not significant.

If a private op goes wrong, Bupa covers getting it fixed. If you aren't satisfied with the original consultant or hospital you have access to their entire network and can select another.
Sounds a very good policy, I'm glad you can afford it, many can't.

Soldato
Sounds a very good policy, I'm glad you can afford it, many can't.

It is. I honestly hope that I'll always be able to afford it up until retirement. If I could afford it I'd cover my mum and dad too. My wife has had cancer issues (BRCA and Carcinoma) over the years and the private healthcare has been critical to her treatment.

Back
Top Bottom