auction site problems - buyer wnats refund

Associate
I'd not give the buyer anything. You stated it was a faulty and there was no mention of headphones or chargers. If the buyer was unsure then they should have asked before purchase.

These people need to learn to think for themselves, not have you hold their hand through the buying process...

Be professional and courteous with your replies. If you do agree to a refund then don't give them a penny until you receive the ipod and confirm it's in the condition it was sold in.

Soldato
NOTE: THIS IPOD WILL COME WIPED AND SET BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS. YOU ARE ONLY BUYING AN IPOD AND NOT MY SONGS/ACCOUNT.

Seems clear to me. It says an IPOD, doesn;t picture anythign else, and an IPod the buyer got.
I would be thinking of a partial refund for the data cable as a sign of good faith.

Soldato
Even my brand new ipod nano didn't come with a charger..
It only came with a USB cable to charge it from a computer..

Maybe i should go back to the shop and demand a refund :p

Caporegime
I'd feel cheated if it didn't come with a charger/ headphones.

I mean, it's kind of useless without them, isn't it?

Perhaps you could offer to refund him some of the price he paid for it. I've asked sellers to do this in the past when the item didn't match my expectations, and they've done it.

Associate
I'd feel cheated if it didn't come with a charger/ headphones.

I mean, it's kind of useless without them, isn't it?

Perhaps you could offer to refund him some of the price he paid for it. I've asked sellers to do this in the past when the item didn't match my expectations, and they've done it.

I'd feel like a moron if I assumed it come with them.

Soldato
What both of these guys said.

If the ipod normally comes with these things as standard then they should have been included or stated that they were not included in the sale.

When buying retail, but this isn't the case.

They will get the debt collectors onto you, if they refund the buyer and you ignore PayPal.

Then tell the debt collectors that the debt is in dispute, they will cease chasing payment and Paypal can take it to court if they want, and lose.

yup. it says that it is faulty, not incomplete

It's advertised as an Ipod, not a boxed Ipod with accessories. Go look in MM, some of the goods are labelled as '..with box'. If it doesn't say that, I'm going to assume it just the card as advertised and not with a box/accessories.

OP is in the right, don't refund.

Soldato
Tell him that you'll send him some earphones and a USB cable but they aren't original versions but are brand new under the prevision he leaves you good feedback first. Cheap and nasty ones can be had for less than a pint of beer iirc. That's assuming you care about one neg feedback.

I wish you could reach into the screen and grab idiot buyers like him and serve them some wise up. He most likely bought it thinking it would be an easy fix and has bitten off more he can chew. Your listing is quite clear IMO. Should be the buyers responsibility to ask if they are not sure

Soldato
If that is your account, you want to ruin your 500+ feedback account over £40? Trying to run from paypal will basically kill your ebay account.

You won't actually be losing £40 either since you can relist and get refunds from existing fees you've been charged.

Soldato
situation sux, buyer is an idiot, your auction is clear, however I think you are screwed, you have to get him to return the item, refund him and sell it again...

Soldato
If that is your account, you want to ruin your 500+ feedback account over £40? Trying to run from paypal will basically kill your ebay account.

You won't actually be losing £40 either since you can relist and get refunds from existing fees you've been charged.

does anyone care about 1 neg on 500 feedbacks?

as long as you reply to the feedback saying the items was clearly sold as faulty in a nice manner..

the only time I take note of a neg is if 1) there are too many obviously, 2) they have no reply, 3) the reply to the neg / complaint is abusive, 4) if it was a high value item

Soldato
does anyone care about 1 neg on 500 feedbacks?

as long as you reply to the feedback saying the items was clearly sold as faulty in a nice manner..

the only time I take note of a neg is if 1) there are too many obviously, 2) they have no reply, 3) the reply to the neg / complaint is abusive, 4) if it was a high value item

Paypal account will be frozen if he takes money and runs. Paypal account is tied to ebay account. Good luck trying to open a new paypal account to use with his existing ebay account.

Back
Top Bottom