Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
So, my 03 ep3 has just had a new clutch from a Honda dealer. Maybe it's because it's new, but it feels lighter than the old one. Is it possible I've been given the facelift clutch with the smaller flywheel? Anyway if that is the case I guess I won't miss the extra 2mph or whatever the difference is, and the 0.1 or so less to sixty would be nice.

Soldato
If I remember rightly a company called Capital Seating used to sell Recaro bolsters at a reasonable price, surely just getting new bolsters is better than messing around with lesser smelly old seats

Soldato
So, my 03 ep3 has just had a new clutch from a Honda dealer. Maybe it's because it's new, but it feels lighter than the old one. Is it possible I've been given the facelift clutch with the smaller flywheel? Anyway if that is the case I guess I won't miss the extra 2mph or whatever the difference is, and the 0.1 or so less to sixty would be nice.

I don't know why or how a clutch and flywheel would make a difference to those things? But a new clutch will always feel lighter then an old worn out one.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I did look into that but the standard seats are too high and you have to fabricate rails, the Prem/JDM will fit but they're £££ as you well know. Did you notice a high drop when you installed your Prem seats?

ah i see,
yeah the premier seats are a bit on the expensive side. £500 for mine and that was a bargain given the condition.

in fairness the height remained unchanged. driving position was practically identical.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Going to see a Tangerine Orange 1.8 Type-S GT tomorrow. Lovely looking colour.

Not the FN2 I wanted, or the EP3 or MKV GTi I've had in the past. But should be a solid relaible and reaonably kitted stop gap for a couple of years.

Soldato
I had EP3 seats in my EG6.... They ware terrible compared to DC2 recaros !!!!
EG6 ones ware hmm ok for standard seats.
Eg6 seats are flat as hell (well the jdms are anyway)
I went for 4th gen prelude seats in my eg6 as they sit lower and I had some lying around, absolute love them.

Soldato
Going to see a Tangerine Orange 1.8 Type-S GT tomorrow. Lovely looking colour.

Not the FN2 I wanted, or the EP3 or MKV GTi I've had in the past. But should be a solid relaible and reaonably kitted stop gap for a couple of years.

How about an Accord 2.4 Type-S?

Rare and more power than the 1.8 Civic, I've got one I'd be tempted to let go if you're interested and I'm not far from you

Soldato
The pre facelift doesn't but the facelift is 15MM lower, then theres the optional Apex suspension which is +25MM on a pre facelift and +10MM on a post but might be more no one seems sure on that one as the Apex kit isn't common

Last edited:
Associate
My pride and joy.

Integra DC5 with C Pack, Imported in 2007, HKS Coilovers, Eibach Camber Adjusters, Top Fuels Carbon Fibre Induction Kit, 5Zigen Cat Back, Apexi V-AFC II, ClockWise Motion Baffled Sump, Genuine Rays Gramlights 57F wrapped in Goodyears F1AS2.
Got some DBA T2 4000 Series discs and Ferodo DS3000 pads to fit too.

Soldato
Car is being returned to standard when I get a date from garage. Time for something a bit more 'grown up' but has to have some fun at least. Had a 2h journey and the rattles and creaks and vibrations did my head in.

Back
Top Bottom