***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
On my HTC One (from Vodafone) I have a "Flash Player Settings" icon on my application home screen, but it doesn't appear in my list of installed applications, so I can't remove or delete it.

I can't remember actually installing it in the first place, so was wondering if this is a 'stock app, as it only seems to bring up the Adobe Flash Settings Manager in the standard web browser, and not in Chrome.

Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks! :)

Yep, Flash is built into the stock browser. I use it to watch iPlayer and the like rather than the terrible app.

Soldato
On my HTC One (from Vodafone) I have a "Flash Player Settings" icon on my application home screen, but it doesn't appear in my list of installed applications, so I can't remove or delete it.

I can't remember actually installing it in the first place, so was wondering if this is a 'stock app, as it only seems to bring up the Adobe Flash Settings Manager in the standard web browser, and not in Chrome.

Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks! :)

It will be under "All" (swipe right twice from the "Downloaded" screen). This is where you can see all the stock HTC apps. I went to the Adobe site to download a newer version of Flash anyway :p.

Associate
Great phone, but I can't get over how poor the camera is for a £400+ handset.

Images from my GS2 look far better when viewed on my monitor.

Soldato
Anyone got this on EE 4G? How are you finding your signal?

I seem to get LTE near enough everywhere at the moment, though no matter where I go, I can never seem to get the signal above 1 or 2 bars. If it drops down to 3G, I can get full bars but I've never seen the 4G signal go above 2 bars. Is this normal?

Caporegime
What firmware are you on? What res. is your monitor?

Try reducing the sharpness to "-1" and if you like a bit more vivid colours, up the saturation or contrast to "+1"

When you focus the camera, give it a second or two in order to allow the OIS to "catch up", this should eliminate any blur especially on the sides.

The HTC one perhaps won't look as good when it comes to bright landscape conditions and especially when you zoom in but in all other conditions it should be a decent bit better i.e. low light, macro, videos, movement/moving shots etc.

If the quality is terrible, then perhaps you have a fault camera.

Associate
What firmware are you on? What res. is your monitor?

Try reducing the sharpness to "-1" and if you like a bit more vivid colours, up the saturation or contrast to "+1"

When you focus the camera, give it a second or two in order to allow the OIS to "catch up", this should eliminate any blur especially on the sides.

The HTC one perhaps won't look as good when it comes to bright landscape conditions and especially when you zoom in but in all other conditions it should be a decent bit better i.e. low light, macro, videos, movement/moving shots etc.

If the quality is terrible, then perhaps you have a fault camera.

It just looks so grainy at any level of zoom. Like a camera shot at 12800 ISO or something!

I installed the new 4.2.2 update the other day and it's still terrible. Seen a few people mention camera updates but I haven't seen anything like that available to download.

Just strikes me as odd. Some of the test shots I've seen around the web are outstanding.

Soldato
Anyone got this on EE 4G? How are you finding your signal?

I seem to get LTE near enough everywhere at the moment, though no matter where I go, I can never seem to get the signal above 1 or 2 bars. If it drops down to 3G, I can get full bars but I've never seen the 4G signal go above 2 bars. Is this normal?

I get this too, but despite this on 4G even at 1 bar my call quality is still excellent.

Soldato
It just looks so grainy at any level of zoom. Like a camera shot at 12800 ISO or something!

I installed the new 4.2.2 update the other day and it's still terrible. Seen a few people mention camera updates but I haven't seen anything like that available to download.

Just strikes me as odd. Some of the test shots I've seen around the web are outstanding.

If you want any level of zoom the HTC one is not ideal.

I've found that outdoor shots in natural light are fantastic, among the best from any camera phone. Outdoor macro shots are especially good.

For me indoor shots aren't great, they are grainy and colour reproduction isn't all that. They're not terrible compared to other phones but could be better.

Night shots with the flash are good, without not bad but fairly grainy. No phones are great at night shots to be honest.

Soldato
Here's a couple i took recently:

3ci1.jpg

j48l.jpg

5ogh.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I find the official Google Keyboard (from the play store) is superb.

Word prediction is spot on and works well.

Ah thanks dude! I've downloaded that but unfortunately I've been stopped by the set up stage... It says enable it under languages and keyboards, but the option to enable it isn't there :S.

I've tried reinstalling and rebooting, but no luck so far. Any ideas please guys?

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Ah thanks dude! I've downloaded that but unfortunately I've been stopped by the set up stage... It says enable it under languages and keyboards, but the option to enable it isn't there :S.

I've tried reinstalling and rebooting, but no luck so far. Any ideas please guys?

Thanks in advance!

It's an issue with certain CIDs. Unless you're willing to s-off (which could void your warranty/brick your phone although very unlikely) you'll just have to wait for google to fix the problem.

Associate
Has anyone bought a HTC One from Amazon in the last week? Some people who purchased them before the turn of the month received Vodafone branded handsets that had been opened before.

Soldato
Has anyone bought a HTC One from Amazon in the last week? Some people who purchased them before the turn of the month received Vodafone branded handsets that had been opened before.

I have just read the review on Amazon which presumably prompted your post, and although It does appear to have happened, I am sure that if it was brought to the the attention of Amazon, (as it surely must have been by now) then they would be extremely concerned.

Any new HTC One phone (even from Vodafone!) should be shrink wrapped, with the box itself professionally sealed, and if anyone does receive one about which they have any doubts, then my advice is that they contact the supplier immediately.

Just for the record, HTC One's supplied by Vodafone themselves received the 4.2.2 update OTA on the same day as it was made generally available here in the UK... well at least mine did!

EDIT: There are in fact numerous complaints from Amazon customers under the 1, 2 and 3 star review comments for this particular phone, so it does indeed appear that someone has slipped up badly here, although many phones have (not surprisingly!) been returned to Amazon who have immediately offered a full refund.... as indeed they should!

Last edited:
Soldato
is there any way to change the default contrast on the camera, at the moment the level of contrast is way too much and I have to adjust it via photoshop if I want to use the photo for anything - but I've not explored th menus much, will probably just resort to using my actual camera when I need reliable photos...

Soldato
is there any way to change the default contrast on the camera, at the moment the level of contrast is way too much and I have to adjust it via photoshop if I want to use the photo for anything - but I've not explored th menus much, will probably just resort to using my actual camera when I need reliable photos...

Yes you can adjust the contrast +/- 2

Soldato
There is just something about this phone that makes it so easy to use one handed, The tapered back helps, But I find it so much easier to use one handed compared to my old Nexus 4 which had a tapered front & Galaxy S2.

It really is a joy to use. I need to get around to updating to 4.3 but I have heard reports that the Sense camera won't work on the GPE 4.3 :(

Back
Top Bottom