**Official Gigabyte Z87X-OC Discussion Thread**

Associate
Anyone managed to fit an Alpenföhn K2 Mount Doom CPU Cooler on this board? I was reading somewhere that on some GB boards the socket was too close to the graphics slot.

There was someone posted earlier in this thread asking, but he never said if he fitted one in the end

Caporegime
Anyone managed to fit an Alpenföhn K2 Mount Doom CPU Cooler on this board? I was reading somewhere that on some GB boards the socket was too close to the graphics slot.

There was someone posted earlier in this thread asking, but he never said if he fitted one in the end

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25116070&postcount=286

Its really tight, maybe some electrical tape on the fan clips will help in sure theres no contact with the back of a gfx card.

Associate
Just updated from F3 to F8.

Had the problems others had with the flash utility being out of date.

I used rufus to create a bootable msdos usb disk - it's easy to do

Then I just copy pasta'd the 3 files from the BIOS zip to the disk (overwriting the autoexec file)

Then booted from the USB and it did the rest.

I unplugged 24pin/cleared CMOS after it was complete.

It then asked to load optimised defaults and then done.

Associate
A few things i've noticed since upgrade:

Boot up times have severely increased (from a fewq seconds to a couple of minutes) - it seems windows spends ages trying to log in, when it does it displays a black screen for a while, before bringing up my desktop

When im in BIOS and press F2 for classic, when i switch back after a few seconds, the USB keyboard stops working completely

App Center tool needed a few goes to get everything up to date. I think that maybe some its updates could be interfering with my computer. The intel storage thingy comes to mind.

I was running F3 using default settings (no overclock or anything, never changed a single thing in BIOS) and doing same with F8 (assuming optimised defaults are the same thing)

Associate
Is that CPU loaded to 100%? If so, I wouldn't say that was too high at all. I'm actually surprised at that temp with vcore so high.

ive just run a Prime95 torture test.....!!

89 degress c!!! :eek: I stopped it when it reached that......

Im taking it off turbo mode and going to try and OC from the bios, which I have never done before with Intel....

Back
Top Bottom