Windows 10

Soldato
Mine cannot activate even when spamming. The process I went through was:

Installed Windows 7 Pro
Downloaded mediacreationtool and chose the create media thing for another computer.
I then used that USB to upgrade
Received an error message about language packs or something?
Then everything went through fine
Now I cannot activate?

Any help will be great!

Caporegime
Just updated to win 10 from 8.1. Really nice however with the latest GeForce drivers Geforce Experience says

Sorry, Geforce experience cannot optimise games on this pc.

I'm guessing its just a driver bug as its correctly detecting my specs but seems to think my sli'd 670s arnt compatible
I had that, needed to install a new GeForce driver for Windows 10.

Soldato
Mine cannot activate even when spamming. The process I went through was:

Installed Windows 7 Pro
Downloaded mediacreationtool and chose the create media thing for another computer.
I then used that USB to upgrade
Received an error message about language packs or something?
Then everything went through fine
Now I cannot activate?

Any help will be great!

It will activate eventually, servers are getting hammered. I rebooted twice, and it activated on the second reboot after the full install.

Associate
Correct. Needs to be activated after upgrade and then one can do a clean install

Yes over the top. Once its activated though your free to wipe it clean and just install 10.

Cheers lads.

I've been buying windows since 3.1, this free version malarkey is a pain :p

Does anyone know the final build number for w10? My Surface which I was doing the windows insider thing on is showing "th1_st1 10240 Professional"

Soldato
Surface is running fine, its weird such an easy update for it and still having to wait for the PC version to do anything.

I have about 8gb left on my OS drive, could a lack of space be stopping it?

Associate
No it doesnt matter.. 0xC004F034 is the error code people are getting when the servers are busy but it activates after. Id just keep trying pressing activate. It took me about 15 tries.

Soldato
I upgraded over a copy of 8.1 but had to use the USB method to get it to actually install. I skipped the key entry part during install as I didn't have the key on me at the time. Now when I try to activate it shows me using a key that I don't own (pro preview key by the looks) and when I try to put my correct key in, it simply errors out saying "Error installing product key" 0xc004e016.

Any ideas? Thinking I may have to roll back and start all over again.

Associate
[ui]ICEMAN;28375537 said:
I upgraded over a copy of 8.1 but had to use the USB method to get it to actually install. I skipped the key entry part during install as I didn't have the key on me at the time. Now when I try to activate it shows me using a key that I don't own (pro preview key by the looks) and when I try to put my correct key in, it simply errors out saying "Error installing product key" 0xc004e016.

Any ideas? Thinking I may have to roll back and start all over again.

I think when your pc restarted it booted from the USB and has most likely ruined the old install.

When using the USB or a disk you want to make sure when it restarts it does NOT boot from them. Or it will do the install differently.

Associate
Up and running. Main issue I am having is no Creative drivers therefore no sound. Amazing a big company like Creative have nothing on day 1. I have an X-Fi Titanium so it's not even a terribly old card.

That's actually an improvement on the Vista launch drivers ;). I'm guessing they're thinking they'd rather release nothing at all than repeat that disaster.

Being serious, have you tried the Windows 8.1 drivers? There's a fair chance these will work, I used the 8.1 drivers for my Xonar DGX during Windows 10 Preview.

Last edited:
Associate
Back
Top Bottom