Windows 10

Man of Honour
I've had enough trying to upgrade this pile of poo and rolled back to 8.1 Pro yet again. Download/ISO both fail at 75% install. Meaningless error message and no further info, we might as well be back in the days of Vista. At least an old tablet is fine which is more than you can say for this very modern pc. :(

Soldato
Just updated using a pen drive install i'd created earlier at work, all gone pretty flawlessly apart from not being able to activate. New nvidia drivers released today too, hopefully that fixes most of the issues people have been complaining about with them prior to today.

Man of Honour
I've had enough trying to upgrade this pile of poo and rolled back to 8.1 Pro yet again. Download/ISO both fail at 75% install. Meaningless error message and no further info, we might as well be back in the days of Vista. At least an old tablet is fine which is more than you can say for this very modern pc. :(

What drive do you have?

Associate
I got the update pre-loaded yesterday and it made one attempt to install with it failing, but when I powered up my fathers computer a little while ago to get the windows 10 update downloaded and when I found that nothing was downloading I went back to the reservation program and the compatibility report section stated that windows 10 couldn't be installed because the geforce 6600LE it is currently using isn't compatible so he's now got to cough up up to £30 for either a GT210 or GT610 to get it up to compatible specifications.

Associate
I have installed Windows 8.1 and upgraded to Windows 10 twice now and both times after a fresh install my windows is not activated. The only option it has is "go to store".

Associate
Does anyone find the boot up times a lot slower? Using other half's laptop which was pretty fast loading up windows 8 but this is taking a lot longer from HP logo to entering windows on a black screen for a good 1-2 minutes. Defragged the drive but it's not made much difference, shouldn't be as slow as this I wouldn't have thought.

Nope, mine is quite a lot faster in fact.
I cannot remove the 'ENG' from notification area :confused: :( :D

Back
Top Bottom