• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
Yes, Firefox PC, Firefox is completely broken and has been for a while, quoting someone or editing your own posts opens up a completely empty WYSIWYG Editor, its ###### me off.

Ok that could explain it , i use Maxthon on my PC and Firefox on my phone , thank you for the info i will try Maxthon app on my phone :)

Associate
Anyone here order from USA and got a consignment number but nothing showing up on dhl worldwide express when you track?

I got an email on Friday 7am that goods are shipped. But not sure how dhl works in the uk. Do they ship in the weekend? Or should I expect it to ship out on Monday?

Associate
Anyone here order from USA and got a consignment number but nothing showing up on dhl worldwide express when you track?

I got an email on Friday 7am that goods are shipped. But not sure how dhl works in the uk. Do they ship in the weekend? Or should I expect it to ship out on Monday?

Most likely it will not ship out until Monday ...i do not think the free delivery option covers weekend?Or did you pay for something extra?

Associate
Just if someone is interested.

Got almost stable 60fps in No Man's Sky at maximum details and 1440p

Lucky you! I am like the rest... White screen crash, waiting for updates... And now waiting for this new card that supports NMS. my old hd5770 is not working or not supporting opengl 4.5, just hope my i5 760 is not a problem either... :(

Associate
Sometimes when lot of new stuff must be loaded. I would say its game problem not hardware, they just need to fix few things. But overall very smooth experience. And with new drives card is bit cooler and quieter.

Lucky you! I am like the rest... White screen crash, waiting for updates... And now waiting for this new card that supports NMS. my old hd5770 is not working or not supporting opengl 4.5, just hope my i5 760 is not a problem either... :(

Did You try to turn game on with borderless option and no max fps vsync? Or it just crash on start?

There is still no stock of this card? Did anything come? Or ppl are ordering like crazy(just dont want to go through last 20 pages)?

Last edited:
Associate
Quick question, would a nitro +OC crossfire with a msi reference model? I found a cheap one online and wondering if I am able to crossfire them. Or would that be a bad idea even if they are able to crossfire?

Associate
Sometimes when lot of new stuff must be loaded. I would say its game problem not hardware, they just need to fix few things. But overall very smooth experience. And with new drives card is bit cooler and quieter.

Did You try to turn game on with borderless option and no max fps vsync? Or it just crash on start?

There is still no stock of this card? Did anything come? Or ppl are ordering like crazy(just dont want to go through last 20 pages)?

I am able to start the game. Galaxy loading in the beginning and as soon is about to start the game it goes to white screen and then it crashes to desktop. I will try the other solutions tonight to see if it works.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick question, would a nitro +OC crossfire with a msi reference model? I found a cheap one online and wondering if I am able to crossfire them. Or would that be a bad idea even if they are able to crossfire?

That should work fine, assuming reasonable ventilation in the case. The reference card should also serve the purpose of exhausting hot air out of the case.

Associate
Got mine, nice card. Not very impressed with temps but I knew that going in.

This was one of the reasons I paid the extra to get the XFX GTR when it came into stock, instead of waiting longer for a Nitro. I'd seen strip-downs of both models and the XFX has copper block and heat pipes, but I think the Nitro only has a copper slug, everything else is aluminium. FWIW I'm getting about 10c lower temps at load and idle than benchmarks are showing for the Nitro.

Associate
This was one of the reasons I paid the extra to get the XFX GTR when it came into stock, instead of waiting longer for a Nitro. I'd seen strip-downs of both models and the XFX has copper block and heat pipes, but I think the Nitro only has a copper slug, everything else is aluminium. FWIW I'm getting about 10c lower temps at load and idle than benchmarks are showing for the Nitro.
Hmmm might change my order then, PC is going to be in a smallish room and gets warm quite easily,

Is it easy enough to switch on ocuk Using Amazon payments?

Associate
Hmmm might change my order then, PC is going to be in a smallish room and gets warm quite easily,

Is it easy enough to switch on ocuk Using Amazon payments?

It won't change how warm the room will get.

If the 2 cards use the same power they probably have the same heat output, so will heat a room pretty much the same amount - even if one stays at a lower temperature with a better cooler. If anything the XFX could heat the room slightly faster as it's more efficient at moving heat from the gpu to the surrounding air.

edit: though yes a card keeping 10c cooler could be the difference between throttling or not throttling with the card in a hot room if that's what you meant.

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure about changing orders with Amazon, I didn't bother pre-ordering myself because I'd seen all the fuss in this thread before deciding it was time to buy a new GPU.

Here's the stripdown of the Nitro: OverClockers Club

versus the XFX GTR: Overclock3D

Whether it's worth the extra £15 is debatable. 480s just run hot it seems, and even my card gets a thrum on when I'm playing Doom.

Associate
Not sure about changing orders with Amazon, I didn't bother pre-ordering myself because I'd seen all the fuss in this thread before deciding it was time to buy a new GPU.

Here's the stripdown of the Nitro: OverClockers Club

versus the XFX GTR: Overclock3D

Whether it's worth the extra £15 is debatable. 480s just run hot it seems, and even my card gets a thrum on when I'm playing Doom.

My Nitro + OC is real loud in anything demanding. So the GTR is also a little loud in games?

Back
Top Bottom