BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Here's my 3.0Si Z4 Coupe. Had this thing 9 months, loved every minute of it. Never encountered such a good all rounder. Can do the practical and hooligan thing with aplomb. This is at Hartside with my mate in his RX8.

Looks tidy, my Dad still loves his coupe despite having had it 3-4 years.

[TW]Fox;29926234 said:
I kept an eye out for 9 months and in that time found only cars with poor spec or ex BMW-UK cars dumped on the market all with identical (low) specification every 4-5 months. Probably ex rental or similar.

That's disappointing really, but the market isn't going to change anytime soon I guess.

Caporegime
Seem to remember there is at least one person here with a 4 banger 528/328i. Anything not to like other than the lack of cylinders? There are a few starting to creep into sensible territory but I wouldn't be seriously looking for a while so just after general experiences specific to the engine really.

Looks a pretty reasonable package

I've got a 2012 328i. It's a great engine when coupled with the auto box. Can't speak about manual. I've had the car over two years and it never fails to put a smile on my face when I hit kickdown. The power is fantastic. It's very smooth and then aggressive when you tell it to be.
Real world mpg for me is about 34 mpg.
Only downside is the sound. When cold it really does remind you it's a 4 pot. When warm...it's freakishly quiet at idle.
Nice exhaust note when you give it even the slightest bit of beans. Very deep.

Edit; should have mentioned, deposit is down on a 2013 640d as of this afternoon.

Double Edit; FFS dealship have screwed up and it's already been sold. Someone else put a deposit down before me at it's current dealership and they hadn't entered it on the system. Son of a!

Last edited:
Associate
Double Edit; FFS dealship have screwed up and it's already been sold. Someone else put a deposit down before me at it's current dealership and they hadn't entered it on the system. Son of a!

This happened to me at the recent VIP event thingy for the plate change.

I was 99% through buying a car on the court and they accidentally sold it to another couple (genuinely 1 signature away). Press for something good in return. Managed to get them to comp a factory build down to the same price as the on the court 6 month old model, as a plus I got to ditch the heated seats!

Man of Honour
Managed to get them to comp a factory build down to the same price as the on the court 6 month old model, as a plus I got to ditch the heated seats!

Given how often the 6 month old ones cost more than discounted new ones I'm not sure how good a deal that turned out to be :D

Associate
I may have made a mistake.

So the AC on my e87 120d was not blowing cold air, I thought id take it to the local quack fit, they don't charge much and its a pretty simple process of draining the gas then recharging it.

Took less than an hour and it was blowing cold air again.
However, the following day when the fan was on there was a terrible smell from it.

Its not like a clean smell, I would describe it as paint that's went off. Its really horrible, any idea what it is and how I fix it?

Caporegime
This happened to me at the recent VIP event thingy for the plate change.

I was 99% through buying a car on the court and they accidentally sold it to another couple (genuinely 1 signature away). Press for something good in return. Managed to get them to comp a factory build down to the same price as the on the court 6 month old model, as a plus I got to ditch the heated seats!

I'm rather peeved to say the least. Been hunting for one for a while. Was carbon black with 25k miles, upgraded speakers, hud, individual leather and reverse cam.
Was up for just under 28k and I'd managed to get the price down to 25.
The guy then tried to sell me one with more miles, that was two months older and had no optional extras for 28.3k. He couldn't explain why it cost more despite on paper being a much worse car.

'management prices them'

Associate
'management prices them'

That was annoying as well, I think they do it as a remove of power so you in effect end up haggling with a person you never meet. Whenever I wanted some money off or something comped he'd have to go off for like 5-10 minutes for another person to see if they could do it.

Annoying.

Caporegime
Yup. Does my head in.

Question. Does anyone know if the n57 engine underwent a change in early 2012?

I'm seeing some 6's advertised as having a 0 to 60 of 5.5 seconds and some as 5.3 both with the same gearbox and engine. Only difference seems to be the build date.

I've had a look and can't see much and nothing to explain it.

Man of Honour
I believe the introduction of Launch Control on MY14 onwards cars is the reason for the change in 0-60 times. My 530d is down as 5.8 despite pre LCI cars having the same engine and being 6.0 for what I presume is the same reason.

The only change to the N57 was the move from 245/296bhp 30/35d to 258/313bhp for MY12 in late 2011. This doesn't affect the 6 as they were all the later type engine.

Caporegime
I'm completely confused then. Could just be an error in autotrader which is what I'm hedging towards.

Going to view one down in Lincolnshire this week. Carbon black. Completely in love with the colour. Ash trim. Giving up on adaptive. Too rare.

Man of Honour
I'm completely confused then. Could just be an error in autotrader which is what I'm hedging towards.

Going to view one down in Lincolnshire this week. Carbon black. Completely in love with the colour. Ash trim. Giving up on adaptive. Too rare.

Is it the one at Soper? Try to get a post June (I think? Working out the changeover date on this was as clear as mud) 13 car as this will have NBT.

Soldato
I've got a 2012 328i. It's a great engine when coupled with the auto box. Can't speak about manual. I've had the car over two years and it never fails to put a smile on my face when I hit kickdown. The power is fantastic. It's very smooth and then aggressive when you tell it to be.
Real world mpg for me is about 34 mpg.
Only downside is the sound. When cold it really does remind you it's a 4 pot. When warm...it's freakishly quiet at idle.
Nice exhaust note when you give it even the slightest bit of beans. Very deep.

Perfect thanks, do you find it ever feeling rough / peaky at all when compared to a 6? I can't stand the annoying on/off feeling of some (relative to a 3 litre 6) smaller capacity turbos in traffic or at low revs.

Also when you say it feels powerful what are you comparing it with in terms of previous or other cars?

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29933395 said:
Is it the one at Soper? Try to get a post June (I think? Working out the changeover date on this was as clear as mud) 13 car as this will have NBT.

It is! I'll keep that in mind.

Know anything about soper at all? I've had them go out and carry out a full video inspection of it for me.

Back
Top Bottom