Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Soldato
I have done it many times. Lol. But I would assume the DLC version will be a different branch.

That never even occurred to me tbh!...Surely that must be the case.

Edit- System Rift is showing up under Jensen's stories in my game, but not ready to play. Don't like it when games have content accessed separately that. So lazy.

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
+1 Yes just downloaded the 1 gig update but can't find any related patch news??

Patch notes here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/337000/discussions/0/343787283752172067/

Patch notes for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patch build 551.7
We have just released another PC patch for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, v1.7 build 551.7_P7. This patch focusses on DLC and critical issues that were reported by users during the last weeks after the awaited DirectX 12 Graphics API release.

This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

The following fixes are in this patch:
Added support for the Jensen Story: System Rift DLC mission. Re-unite with Frank Pritchard, Adam’s friend and former colleague at Sarif Industries, and assist him in hunting down information on the mysterious Santeau Group. Desperate to get more information, Pritchard targets one of the most secure data banks ever created – the Palisade Blade. In agreeing to help, Adam may also be able to uncover hints as to who the Illuminati really are.
Added Lens Flare option.
Improvement of Tobii EyeTracking's cover at gaze: Better responsiveness. Separate the responsiveness setting from Extended View. Filter the gaze point harder to get better snapping.
Tobii EyeTracking's gun arm at gaze (new feature). When using Nanoblade, P.E.P.S or Tesla augmentations, the gun arm will aim in the direction of your gaze, quick shoot by releasing the trigger early or hold for continued aiming.
Fixed an issue where Extended view is enabled when shopping.
Fixed an issue where Extended view - Gun arm weapon reticles are moving.
Various crash and bug fixes.
UPDATE: Fixed issue with Tessellation and some cables in Prague.
Release of DirectX 12 support in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
Users are able to utilize the awaited DirectX 12 Graphics API. To activate this you are required to do the following:
Within your Steam Library, right-click on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
Select ‘properties’ from the context menu and navigate to the Beta tab.
From the dropdown menu, select dx12_preview then close the window.
After the game has downloaded the DirectX 12 supported build you can then toggle DirectX 12 from either the launcher window or from the Display options within the game.
Note that DirectX 12 requires a restart of the game if (de-)activated from within a running Deus Ex: Mankind Divided game session.

o WARNING: Using the DirectX 12 API can offer better performance on some systems, however, it will not be beneficial on all.
o Multi-GPU is not yet supported in this patch.
o If you encounter problems with DirectX 12, we recommend turning it off again. There are no visual or gameplay differences between the two DirectX versions.
o Stereoscopic 3D with DX12 is supported on AMD, but on new windows versions “3D display mode” must be enabled through the Windows “Advanced display settings” menu.
o As always, make sure that your drivers are up to date.

The following fixes are in this patch for DX12:
Fixed an issue where some object would appear black.
Fixed a shadow issue.
Improved DirectX 12 CPU usage.
Various performance improvements and bug fixes.
Known DX12 issue:
There is a known bug that causes some very high end cards to regress relative to DirectX11. Improvements have been made but this is being further investigated by the development team.
While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on older versions, we have made a Beta available on Steam, v1.0_build524.6, v1.0_build524.7, v1.1_build524.10, v1.2_build524.15, v1.3_build524.17, v1.4_build545.4 and v1.4_build545.5 that can be used to switch back to previous versions.

We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!

Soldato
I'm doing this God awful cult side quest atm. These sorts of quests appear in games when they are running out of ideas.... "Let's blur the screen and stop them using their skills and weapons!"

Pretty sure I'm close to the end now. There has been very little actual story in the game tbh. In terms of lore, nothing had progressed at all which is very disappointing... Though I do think the story had potential, it is just that the whole thing feels like the first act. Too many unconnected side quests (that are mostly great actually) that don't progress the overall story in any way.

Edit- I play in kind of a weird way I think. I don't have a minimap, but I have objective markers on. I find this the best way to play most games, but some of the objective markers in this are weird. Generally they are fine, just leading to a general area, but often when I reach an area it tells me to go, it will then immediately tell me to leave it.I just spent ages wandering around the theatre thinking I was following an objective when I wasn't!...I even found that Radic guy, even though he hasn't been mentioned yet. I knocked him out as I imagine he might pop up in some way later?

Last edited:
Associate
Edit- I play in kind of a weird way I think. I don't have a minimap, but I have objective markers on. I find this the best way to play most games, but some of the objective markers in this are weird. Generally they are fine, just leading to a general area, but often when I reach an area it tells me to go, it will then immediately tell me to leave it.I just spent ages wandering around the theatre thinking I was following an objective when I wasn't!...I even found that Radic guy, even though he hasn't been mentioned yet. I knocked him out as I imagine he might pop up in some way later?

Yeah the objective markers are my biggest annoyance with this game, most of the time they make no sense at all especially when the area you're in has multiple levels. The amount of times I have tried to follow them and gone round in circles..

Associate
Yeah the objective markers are my biggest annoyance with this game, most of the time they make no sense at all especially when the area you're in has multiple levels. The amount of times I have tried to follow them and gone round in circles..

The objective markers tell you if you need to be higher or lower with little arrows. The mini map also indicates if your on the correct level too.

Caporegime
Just playing the new DLC at the moment.

It's not the same bank as the main game (thankfully) but it is in a new (very small) area of Prague still.

21:9 users - have you noticed anything weird since the patch. The looting 'wheel' seems horribly stretched now, as do the items you take, though the game looks fine other than that.

DX12 performance is still well below DX11 SLI.

Soldato
Just playing the new DLC at the moment.

It's not the same bank as the main game (thankfully) but it is in a new (very small) area of Prague still.

21:9 users - have you noticed anything weird since the patch. The looting 'wheel' seems horribly stretched now, as do the items you take, though the game looks fine other than that.

DX12 performance is still well below DX11 SLI.

What is the deal with Augs? Do you keep the ones from the main game? Iteams?

Cheers

Caporegime
Just completed it, and fluked all the achievements as well (I didn't look what they were beforehand)

It was better than the other DLC that came with the game, and I liked the Palisade bank area as there's quite a few levels of the facility as well as some new systems that make the game a bit harder in the later stages. There's not many characters to encounter, a lot of it happens over the radio and Pritchards hair was doing weird things in cutscenes but it took me 3-4 hours.

Soldato
Just completed it, and fluked all the achievements as well (I didn't look what they were beforehand)

It was better than the other DLC that came with the game, and I liked the Palisade bank area as there's quite a few levels of the facility as well as some new systems that make the game a bit harder in the later stages. There's not many characters to encounter, a lot of it happens over the radio and Pritchards hair was doing weird things in cutscenes but it took me 3-4 hours.

How did you find it when compared to the Missing Link DLC from HR? In terms of length and narrative?

Soldato
So, should I finally pull the trigger on this game? I have a cheap key to grab and I love stealth games but I'm not entirely convinced by the gameplay videos. I see people in this thread who were disappointed with the rather sparse plot and abrupt ending. Some say it's also quite short.

Soldato
I don't think it is necessarily short, my game is currently 30 hours on the last mission, for me it is the main story simply doesn't progress enough. In terms of the lore of the Deus Ex universe, it could easily not exist. Nothing progresses. The story itself is fine enough, there just isn't enough of it for me.

There are too many unconnected and inconsequential side quests and not enough main story.

Back
Top Bottom