Titanfall 2

Soldato
How to not sell your game. Release smack bang within a week of the 2 biggest FPS games this year.

Odd decision from EA releasing it a week after BF1 and a week before COD: IW. Unless they don't have much hope for it themselves and are just chucking it out hoping it does enough to make a few quid.

I enjoyed the first one for a while, movement etc... was brilliant but the lack of depth, weapons etc... soon had me leaving it and I barely touched any of the DLC.

Caporegime
OP
its mainly becacuse they excluded pc users from the beta.with pc included would have been more talk.

the first game was very good i think this will be a great game i just dont support the exclusion of the beta through bs.so probably will not buy.

the bots were actually very important in the first game.harvesting them fast made you get your titan quicker.in proper games in mp first in titans and control often win.

Man of Honour
The bots didn't concern me at all. I enjoyed it as it felt like two games in one, just a shame that the content was a bit lacking.

BF1 doesn't interest me, for me BF games have lost their magic since BF2, 3 was okay, 4 looked the same game and WW1/2 games do not do it for me.

COD, well, I'll wait for reviews but I really want to replay MW remastered.

Soldato
Really worried this game wont last long, stupid time to release sandwiched between bf1 and cod though they all offer something different

This first one is barely still active on pc atleast and its been like that for ages to the point they gave the dlc away in hope to draw players back :(

Really hope this has more lasting appeal, need a faster shooter on pc and havent been bothered with cod for many years

Permabanned
The first is my favourite shooter of all time and I genuinely think it innovated in a lot of ways people have since taken for granted.

Very excited for tomorrow, though I have to say I'm a little apprehensive. Played a little on my bro's XBone and I have to say... I wasn't overly impressed...

The original is almost perfect in it's general design because of it's relative simplicity. The gunplay was fast and charged and you always felt you could out best anything (be it high level pilot or titan). With the beta, it felt so bloated and the balance (even with the limited set of loadouts available )felt wonky.

The transition from Mouse and Keyboard to Pad for the first time in years probably didn't aid my experience, but I don't think the problems with it stemmed from my preferences in control scheme.

Still, really excited to see more. I imagine any serious balance issues will be addressed going forward. The original is fairly tight now, with the exception of the smart pistol of course...

See you all there!

Last edited:
Permabanned
I hated the bots on the first one,if this still has bots instead of all human players I wont be buying it

Never quite understood this argument. It's a design choice the community are no where near qualified enough to make. If Respawn stated that the general flow of combat wouldn't be up to scratch with more players, who are we to argue with them?

Caporegime
Publishers seem to be keeping a much closer eye on their resellers and far more aware of key sites these days. Best price for a AAA title used to be around £25-£30 but most new games at the moment seem to be closer to £35.. Best price for this seems to be £33.

Soldato
I've been playing off and on for the past 2 or 3 weeks and apart from silly o'clock in the morning I've never had an issue finding populated games

Sure i always find a game but the numbers are upsetting, deserves much more attention that that imo. Also i think the community has put efforts in recently to get it active again leading up to T2!

Reviews sound great and single player sounds like its not bad either

Associate
Only buying one FPS out of titanfall2 COD and Bf1, I'm really swaying to this, the only thing putting me off is how quickly titanfall1 died off, it was one off the most well balanced shooters I had ever played I loved it, but after about 100hrs I got bored and never played it again. Past Battlefield games I sunk more than 1000hrs in each, apart from hardline! Yet I'm still swaying to buying titanfall2...
Can we expect to see a decent PC community?

Soldato
Only buying one FPS out of titanfall2 COD and Bf1, I'm really swaying to this, the only thing putting me off is how quickly titanfall1 died off, it was one off the most well balanced shooters I had ever played I loved it, but after about 100hrs I got bored and never played it again. Past Battlefield games I sunk more than 1000hrs in each, apart from hardline! Yet I'm still swaying to buying titanfall2...
Can we expect to see a decent PC community?

I share your concern, its like games arent built to last these days :(

I think the release sandwiched between 2 other shooters will hurt it, but it will still sell well, its just wether or not players stick around past xmas even

Associate
Titanfall is without a doubt my favorite shooter of of all time....well at least the last couple of years.

I will definitely be picking it up - its a bit of a shame that i'm a cheap git and struggle to spend £40 on a new game.

Associate
going to wait for reviews + price drop too for this one..

preordered the first one and ended up not playing much of it

Back
Top Bottom